In the middle of repairing an old busted up laptop. I have two main problems

In the middle of repairing an old busted up laptop. I have two main problems.

1. I'm locked out. I can't remember the password. It is running Windows XP sp1. Is there a system recovery tool or could booting from Linux on USB work? If so what distro?

2. I've lost most of the screws. Could I get away with just the screws for the bezel? All I've done is a screen replacement.

Thanks in advance.

Attached: 4L_DxrY3iPD.jpg (2000x1827, 823K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179
pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Jamal...

Seriously, just format it and install Lubuntu or something.

I need the data that's on there

If it's XP Home, it has some sort of safe mode option to bypass the password. Can't remember the details.

It's fucking XP you can definantly get in. Dig around the net you neanderthal. Actually Jamal, give it back.

Since nobody would want this back, Tyrone, just get a damn Ubuntu live USB

What kind of data, and how did you manage to get... locked out?

Documents for work. I'm locked out because I used to have a shitty password I used for everything and then I realised how bad that was so I never used that password again.

Just use Hiren's Burn

Are you locked out of the account on the computer, or are the files actually encrypted?
If you just forgot the password and the files are not encrypted. Just boot a Linux Live distro and fetch them.

You can just boot lubuntu or something from a cd/dvd/usb and mount the HDD and copy the files over.

or unlock the admin account with these tools
lifewire.com/free-windows-password-recovery-tools-2626179

Boot into a live key such as ubuntu
Copy cmd and rename it to sethc
Restart and load windows
Slap shift amd reset password
You're welcome Tyronne

1)either reinstall XP or you have to acess the SAM file in system32/config.
But seriously just reinstall
Any linux distro that can read NTFS should work fine.
2)
I always lose too many screws, your fine.

>I've lost most of the screws. Could I get away with just the screws for the bezel? All I've done is a screen replacement.
Just go to geek squad next time Jesus Christ. This is why retards shouldn't work on computers.

You could use ophcrack to recover the password

Why, when NTPWEDIT.EXE (and ancestors) exists? Password crackers are for when you don't want people knowing the account has been cracked.

Fair enough, I'm fairly new here no bulli

So am I. Call everyone a newfag and demand they kill themselves, and you fit right in.

quads of truth

press F8 on startup and gain admin privileges in safe mode if it is home edition

pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/

obvious solution - pull the hd out and plug it into your desktop. all probs solved simultaneously. or get $20 hd to usb case. damn.

I’m disappointed Jow Forums

Attached: 6702073B-98D5-4EF0-8CAA-F3D8EA28C0B4.jpg (977x1189, 680K)

You have to give it back..

straight outta apt show chntpw

>I'm locked out
GIVE IT BACK
>I've lost most of the screws.
Yep, duct tape.