/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: da2bd8f47aed6bca949902ec50289ebb.jpg (1500x1500, 329K)

Other urls found in this thread:

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-intona-usb-isolator-for-audio-dacs.2616/
reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8bq514/a_quick_review_on_the_taction_kannons/
comicgum.com/browserviewer/index.html#cid=mimi1&pid=pbwnb82a&title=ミミヨリ ハルモニア第1話
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 83EBA0D4-C539-4D1F-9664-6F8CE316E988.jpg (1343x1714, 601K)

You truly have nothing better to do.

Just waiting on USPS to deliver my wa6-se today

We're finally back to anime.

YIKES

Idol trash here. What's your headphone like, user?

Attached: 1522541381965.png (1920x1200, 3.01M)

>my pastebin has been used for like 5+ threads now
kek

audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/review-and-measurements-of-intona-usb-isolator-for-audio-dacs.2616/

Attached: 99c.png (600x745, 432K)

What dac is that on the left?

What's a good spectrum analyzer? Fabfilter?
Will it be affected by my EQ Apo settings?

How much of a meme are ifi products?
[spoiler]Minus their accessories because those are obviously memes.[/spoiler]

can i post this on Jow Forumsheadphones

>asking for permission
user... just how much soy have you had?

Attached: 1504544782670.png (1920x1080, 2.55M)

What's the best stax setup for bass.

Topping D10

I didn't even notice to be honest. I rarely make OPs, don't have any saved and just pasted the previous OP content to quickly make a thread so that we can finally be freed of the shit american comic OPs drawn by some random fat whore.

overpriced

I'm thinking of buying the beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO for gaming as I heard they are great for such use. I want to know if an amp is necessary. I'm not entirely sure if my laptop (dell inspiron 15 7000 and I think realtek audio) will be able to deliver enough power as they are 250ohm. If so will the fiio e10k be good enough? It specifies only being suitable for headphones between 16-150ohms.

Sr007 + srm727

>user... just how much soy have you had?
I'm really sad to see idol shit being posted by a fellow anti-soy brother. Son, you disappoint.

>tfw your headphones and doll cost more than your laptop

Attached: IMG_0225.jpg (2268x3024, 849K)

>a pre-butchering thinkpad
Nostalgia.
Why is everything going to shit these days?

any stax and add a sub kek

what the fuck is up with audiophile impressions of the kannon? maki pretty much confirmed them to be close to harman or atleast neutral

reddit.com/r/headphones/comments/8bq514/a_quick_review_on_the_taction_kannons/
>A very very VERY mild amount of boost was kinda cool with jazz! But these were NOT fit for EDM
like, really? you think these would be good for jazz but *definitely* not EDM? the fuck? why are you using them for jazz in the first place
>Just over all a very shitty product, The bass isn't as strong as SZ2000's for example, unless you use the vibration feature.
so it doesn't slam as hard as a headphone with a 50mm dedicated subwoofer, but then it does when you use it's main feature... somehow that makes it sux

just... wat? the impressions of them are all over the place

Attached: 1451438024067.jpg (712x712, 42K)

With equalizer apo set to +10dB across 20-100hz

The e10k is pretty bad. Even the Fulla2 runs laps around it. I'd get something else.
>DT990
>gayming
Consider the much better DT880 and the AD500x meme instead.

>add a sub
My E10k outputs two audio sources at once. Always fun having open back headphones on and speakers + sub going at the same time.

do they make panties out of material in velour pads

>Google velour
>It's usually made of cotton
There you go, now you figure out the rest.

>maki pretty much confirmed them to be close to harman or atleast neutral
No CSD, no distortion plot, only a frequency response graph from a very bad measurement rig. Really doesn't confirm much.
Also vibration is vibration, not actual sound. SZ2000 were also half the price of the Kannon last time I checked, which could explain the disappointment.

Nothing wrong with idols, or soy.

Attached: 1514106231674.png (936x526, 13K)

>what the fuck is up with audiophile impressions of the kannon?
Nocebo. Just like placebo induced by marketing materials talking about "hidden details" and "lush sound" while selling DAC MAGIC, there's also the phenomenon of nocebo which can completely ruin and prejudice audiophools against a product depending on the vocabulary used. One of those forbidden words is bass. You cannot talk too much about bass. The customers are free to mention how good the bass of an headphone is, but the marketing/sales website should not mention this prominently. You go to Audeze's website and look at the LCD2C page. Do they mention bass? No, they say it's a "warm" headphone. If instead of warm it said "deep, powerful bass is important to music" like Taction does, there would be a lot less audiophools supporting the company.

>CSD
Go back to SBAF

They're definitely amazing for EDM, not bad at all for classical or vocal stuff either. I think these guys might listen way too loud, and clip the tactile driver or something. Excision's triple X rated causes some clipping at my listening volumes but it physically hurts unless I turn the bass down.
SZ2000 are discontinued and cost like $700 now. Distortion hits ~12% max in the bass and stays under 0.5% in the treble and above. I'll post plots later.
>CSD
Hilarious, this isn't the M1060

>Nocebo
it probably doesn't help that it looks like an ATH can and immediately makes every audiophile hate it

Okay, so I assume this means that an amp is necessary. And to go with the fullia2 instead of the e10k.

>gayming
Not really here to defend my hobbies. I do wish I had more productive obsessions but atleast it's relatively cheap.

>DT880
Would this be better taking into consideration my use of them? I've read that the spatial sound is better on the dt990. If I go with the dt880 would it be a waste to get them in 32ohm? Does more ohms mean better. Is there much difference therefore between 250ohms vs 600ohms?

Whats the difference between the dt880 pro and dt 880.

>it probably doesn't help that it looks like an ATH can and immediately makes every audiophile hate it
Yeah, do the ZMF thing and add wooden cups. Then every single audiophool out there will come out of the woodwork to suck your dick even if you have more harmonic distortion than a $100 headphone.

wood cups are the real soyboy meme, not sennheiser

Why?

>Whats the difference between the dt880 pro and dt 880.
Difference between the beyer pros and the various colored home/premium editions is :
1/ headband clamping force. Any headphone named "pro" in the beyer lineup will have a headband that comes with much, much more clamping force out of the factory. They clamp very hard and can be uncomfortable but the benefit is that you can headbang while tracking guitar and you know it's not going to come off your head.
2/ Coiled cable vs straight cable. The coiled exert some force pulling your headphone depending on distance so they can add to discomfort and feel of weight.
3/ The design. Home editions look nicer IMHO, with the exception of DT1770/DT1990 which are really cool designed
4/ The headband padding. Headband padding on the pro editions can be removed and replaced easier, without having to unscrew everything before doing the swap. Once again there's the exception of the 1770/1990 which don't follow this and use the same style of padding as premium headphones.

t. robot

I just received my DT1990.
Those are great, certainly the best open headphones I've used, and with their sound I really don't see how anyone could dislike them. The only issue I have for now is that whoever packaged that for refurbished fucked up the packaging, and bent fucking hard the "balanced" pads, so they're currently unusable. I'm letting them sit in the open so that they straighten out.

I'm actually kind of baffled this pair hasn't made a bigger "splash" considering they sound great, and their pricing is actually pretty reasonable for what is pretty much the best Beyer has to offer which isn't strongly liked/hated like the T1.

What other cans have you owned?

You really need to experience the balanced pads man. They are the reason why this headphone is so special. That bass in an open dynamic, this is perfection.

Attached: 1990.jpg (802x668, 166K)

DT880/990, about half of the AKG K7xx line-up, a Denon D7200, a Focal Spirit Pro, and I tried (but didn't own because they were expensive as heck) Senn HD650.

The only one of those which I'd somewhat consider to be as good is the D7200, but it's not playing in the same field at all, with a definitely warm sound while the DT1990 are more of a "neutral" sound with the analytical pads.

I'll do it, they have probably straightened enough so that I can put them on, and the stretching will do its job.

upgrade paths from hd650?

For beyers that have many ohm variants, the higher the better. 32 -> 250 is a large jump, 250 to 600 not so much.
Getting at least one amp+dac even if it's a cheap fulla2 is always a good idea, so I'd pass on the 32ohm version.

HD600, HD660S, HD800.

Meme reply.

would you recommend the d7200?

>fulla2
I have decided on going with the dt880 pro at 250ohms. Why would I buy a fulla 2 over fulla?

Rude

I'm not sure if I want to go for the dt1990 for the hd660s. I already have a bunch of headphones. Leaning towards the dt1990

>over fulla
fulla's been out of productions for years, and its specs pale next to fulla2's.

>fulla
It's half the price of the fulla 2 on the european website. And it's true that both can power a 250ohms headphone, yes? What would be the benefit of going with the fulla 2?

I don't have much experience with closed-back headphones, and I got it fairly cheap refurbished (~500€) compared to its usual price (~800€), so my opinion is slightly biased. That said, it's a pretty good, warmer-sounding headphones, with great build quality. It is pretty heavy though, and the headband isn't the most comfortable thing there is (it's covered in nice-looking (synthetic ?) leather, but it doesn't have any kind of soft padding inside).

From what I read at SBAF (which seems to be the only place where people actually gave a single shit about those), it's more neutral than any of the other Fostex/Denon biodynamic, and less fatiguing than the TH-900, although the driver isn't at the same level.

So if you're looking for a well-build, closed (haven't measured it or tried it properly, but I think it is actually closed and not semi-closed), warm pair of headphones, it's probably good. It's fairly expensive though, so I'd recommend you try before you buy, unless you come across an especially good deal. If you only find it at 1000$, I'm not sure there's not a better deal to be found.

You'd get something that has way more functionality and specs that surpass rather than fall short of e10k.
A lot of future proofing.

>fulla
"Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 40mW RMS per channel"

>fulla 2
"Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 40mW RMS per channel"

Whilst the fiio says no more than 150ohms.

What am I missing?

It can power it but falls short of the reccomended amount of power so it's going to be cutting it close. I strongly advise you spend $200 on a dedicated amp and dac or if thats not possible I would get the micca origen+ it can do the 25mw@250ohm that beyers need, it was measured by asr, isn't schiit, etc.
So yeah o2/magni3+oldac/d10
or
micca origen

>32 ohms 175 mW vs 360mW
Much more power on the low end of impedance. AUX input and 2x aux outputs. Significantly better DAC chip. Huge knob.

Okay I go with the magni 3.

>o2/magni3+oldac/d10
What does o2 and +oldac/d10 mean?

You will also need a dac. The oldac and d10 are dacs.

ffs what is a dac and why do I need it.

The absolute state of /hpg/

Is sabaj da2 best price/performance amp/dac?

Onboard audio is.

Just buy a mica orgien it's an all in one dac and amp. You need a dac to plug the magni into or it doesn't do anything. Fulla 2 is trash do not buy it under any circumstances.

Got some new headphones

Attached: 26F59B05-8088-4856-B3EA-558B58A35A9F.jpg (3024x3569, 2.34M)

ABSOLUTE MADMAN

Nice, hd800 is a monster. Such an enjoyable listen especially if you're coming from midfi

It's sold out. I'll just get the heaphones for now.

nice some of the best headphones in the world and a HD800.

Attached: EA3EFDA6-73F1-42D3-87F8-300E1C939835.jpg (3909x2935, 2.41M)

Is the Massdrop x HiFiMAN HE-350 good for gaming? Does it have good Soundstage and detail etc

It doesn't have the build quality for that. I think you would be better off with a dt880. Very good general computer use(videos, music, movies) and game headphones because they have decent sound staging.
Skip that hifiman as well as he400i

literally no difference

So when is someone translating this manga about a girl listening to headphones and becoming an audiophile?

comicgum.com/browserviewer/index.html#cid=mimi1&pid=pbwnb82a&title=ミミヨリ ハルモニア第1話

Attached: Product_x6sU4HL0m5FJtIKm0aaxkNsRj4Qx3FEzAY5f78HgnMAy1uLaXGzSgxjbHJKPxJW8_2.png (730x380, 323K)

>webpage
>right to left

Attached: 1521244103175.gif (569x800, 42K)

We have nearly the same headphones. I also have a lcd2, dt990, hd650, and he500. Just need an hd800 and some stax now.

When you commission it.

Don't forget a better hairline

>Beardynamic

Attached: 1520195294241.jpg (628x534, 58K)

My hairline is great.

t.

Attached: SnazzyLabs.jpg (1348x812, 168K)

I never got the gen z hate for the Switch. Makes little sense.

Nice, you use an amp?

Gen Z loves switch though.

Oh, so they just ironically shitpost about it?

the guy calling everyone gen z is actually the one that loves gen z stuff

>is actually the one that loves gen z stuff
As far as entertainment/pop culture goes no...

is a manga so fucking ugly to look at worth translating? it's a visual medium FFS

floor user and gen z user fight to the death in a battle of wits, who wins?

Attached: 1496980720426.png (451x619, 392K)

>switch apologist
Yes, actually.

>>switch apologist
You using words you don't understand again?

t. Third world illiterate ESL fat boomer faggot

You dumb kids really like to shout "ESL". Feel free to explain how I'm a switch apologist.

You wouldn't understand anyways, illiterate fat bloomer faggot.

I probably wouldn't with your constant word redefining.

Redefine these nuts on your face