THE GODDAMN JEWS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

THE GODDAMN JEWS ARE AT IT AGAIN!

Fucking plastic bullshit. Look at this!

Attached: jews.jpg (3120x4160, 888K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZTyipiaqkTc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What exactly is the problem?
It's a board aimed at super cheap office computers.

he's the Jow Forums version of an SJW, if he doesn't have anything to be angry and indignant about, he finds something, anything.

>I like having to remove my motherboard from the chassis to move the plastic insert from one length dimension to the other
This is how you sound

And how often do you do that, after assembling the system initially.

Almost never, but it's still a valid point.
If you give the manufacturers an inch, they'll take a mile. Don't give them the inch in the first place.

so it almost never inconveniences you or matters at all, but it bothers you because... why? Because some manufacturer built something in a way that's different than before?

But it has the potential to cause me inconvenience. Stop being retarded and make a counter-point that might actually move the discussion along or

My counter point is that in practice the potential for it to cause you any inconvenience is small and said inconvenience is minor at most. In other words, of all the things about motherboard layout and PC building that you could choose to bitch about, you picked something that doesn't actually matter, and worked yourself into a "dem big companies be screwin' us over!" huff over it. You really have nothing better to worry about than this?

This is such a non-issue I can't believe a thread died for this...

Yes, this individual inconvenience is small. Yes, dem big companies be screwing us over, one thing at a time. The inconvenience to the manufacturer to use the way that they did before and just have a threaded insert on the board along with a standoff and screw is also minimal. I'd rather them take the inconvenience than myself, seeing as how they're ripping us off in the first place.

I could also bitch about how they put the CPU fan header is in a weird place so now the Intel sticker on the fan looks retarded rotated 90 degrees. Now it looks like it has down syndrome.

There are lots of things that suck in this industry, and I'm pissed that everyone keeps taking steps backwards.

What am I even looking at?

When you get manufacturers to stop using the world's shittiest variety of screw, the Eternal Phillips, then you get to bitch about how a plastic pin ought to be replaced with a screw.

Screws are technology. This is now a fastener "thread".

Attached: 800px-Robertson_screw.jpg (800x1459, 127K)

Why do they still use Philips screws?
Don't they get annoyed by them themselves?
Seems like they could cut a lot of costs by using more machine friendly screws.

>remove my motherboard from the chassis to move the plastic insert

What?

Clearly you just pull the ring and push it in a different hole?
I'll bet it's faster than using a screw.

Autistic shrieking.

Plastic M.2 locking pin

I'll bet it's comfy to use though, OP hates because it's not metal but metal isn't always better.

I think its just a matter of "this is what everyone does and the way its always been". Nobody even remembers that the purpose of phillips heads was to save ancient electric drills decades ago that would burn out their motors if the bit seized. It's just spread everywhere like a physical urban legend, a superstition that everyone believes but nobody can say why.

No you can't. It's one of those pieces of plastic that you have to pinch on the other side of the board to be able to make it fit through the hole. Hard to describe, don't know if there's a word for it. Maybe "one-way peg"?

Bullshit.

It clearly has a center pin which is used to lock it in place.
Pull the ring, lift center pin, and the hooks on the rear of the board are released.

I can't imagine industrial designers not knowing all the pros and cons of every single screw type currently produced.

But I happen to have 4 industrial designers in my family so next family meetup I will ask.

*pull hard on motherboard while mounted into chassis*
*entire board has to flex*
*scratch fingers on adjacent GPU solder joints*
*weak plastic breaks*
*m.2 mount ruined*
Good job, dipshit

So just don't be a complete sperg.

You're a little bitch.

I can easily imagine them knowing that there's a better alternative but saying "Well, this is what everyone uses and it's cheap, we already have stock of the part, tooling to handle it, yadda yadda yadda, engineering and design time is best spent on something else"

Timberfix super 7 are my screw of choice for any heavy duty decking work. You can use them on external cladding but they aren't stainless steel which meakes them not an ideal choice.

Hellishly expensive though.

It works a bit like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=ZTyipiaqkTc
No need to pull hard on anything.

But user, look at the GAMER asthetic and all of the GAMING technology on their website
surely that's worth sacrificing quality for