What is the best Jow Forums approved Hex Editor for forensic analysis?

What is the best Jow Forums approved Hex Editor for forensic analysis?

Attached: herxerditer.png (500x400, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sweetscape.com/010editor/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

debug.com

penguin sleuth

The one on your picture.

You think so? I wasn't too impressed with it when I tried it a few years ago.

It appears that they don't own that domain anymore. This site is now for genetically modified mosquito's.

>Free Hex Editor Two
I'm looking for one that's closest to Magnet Software's. This was just a sample related picture. I see what you did there though. Cheeky Cheeky user

>Free Hex Editor Two
Looks like Rape Hex Editor Neo to me.

I just downloaded plainsight linux. It appears that it's a bit out of date. I've been looking for an updated forensic tool kit that is similar to Magnet software but without the $3700.00 price tag.

>Rape Hex Editor Neo
top kek

>It appears that they don't own that domain anymore
I remember being that young. Now get off my lawn!

>Free Hex Editor Two
It's called Hex Editor Neo.

Jokes on me I guess. 33 yo reporting in. I thought Jow Forums was where civilized correspondence happened. I'm not looking to be spoon fed. I was just interested in comparing what I've found with Jow Forums

Now if I came here stating that I wanted to analyze the entire contents of a disk, with a Hex Editor, then I could see how
>JR
and or
>young jokes
would be applicable. However, I understand that to be the equivalent of examining an entire skyscraper from top to bottom for a couple of finger prints..

Thank you Anons

>Jokes on me I guess. 33 yo reporting in.
Most 33 year olds these days don't even know what DOS is, yet alone debug.com.

Even fewer know that it can be used a disk editor. It's one of those programs that are absolutely beautiful, and absolutely evil, at the same time.

IDA

IDA is not a hex editor.

hxd for quickly taking a look. for anything more involved, your programming language of choice

radare2

But like most debuggers, it can be used as one by the truly masochistic.

Well, sure.

Well I absolutely know what DOS is, both denial of service and disk operating system. LOIC would be considered a form of DDOS and DOS being the predecessor of Windows. Are you implying that the debug program you're referring to, can be used as a Hex editor? I am confused..

Insert intellectual rip on me here .. serious question

>Are you implying that the debug program you're referring to, can be used as a Hex editor?
Yes. A horrible one, but like most debuggers, it can do anything.

>Insert intellectual rip on me here ..
Meh, you're just too young for it. As the next generation above me would know a lot about PDP minis and VMS - and shake their IPL tapes at me.

I still want you off my lawn though.

*shakes ESDI cables at you*

Oddly, I know a "kid" (27yo) who's pretty well-aware of DOS, and even used it when he was a kid-kid. His family are poorfags, and they didn't get a computer capable of running Win9x until about 1999.

He still knows his way around DOS too. Apparently he's a bit of a retrogamer.

Bless.

cmatrix obviously

Well then I'm confident that I inquired in the right place. I absolutely respect older engineers and believe that their specialty was a lot more challenging to master, given how far technology has come in the past 30 years. I guess I'm not that old but my hair is falling out and other parts of me are turning gray. kek

OP here, I grew up with an apple C. The first PC i ever had contact with was Windows 3.1. I know about DOS mostly through my A+ certification course work, 4 years ago.

Correction, the computer was an IBM running Windows 3.1

Yes, it is absolutely a beautiful thing. Not even as evil once you get used to it.

Use it for anything, from low level formatting a drive, editing memory, settings an address on a PnP device, editing a binary, i.e. removing or bypassing copy protection or even just parking the head of a drive.

>apple C
Was that the Compact model of the Apple I? Lol.
And I thought the Apple IIc was the first compact Apple.

You are correct, my mistake. It was the Apple IIc indeed.

Attached: 85apple.jpg (489x351, 20K)

I got it, I was just joking around. That's nice, I still have one in all its glory with it's tiny monochrome monitor.

I wish I would have applied myself more back then. Rather than playing Lemonade all day back then. Jeopardy was cool too. Seriously though at 33 I feel like I'm playing catch up and I've been in IT officially for 10 years.

kek

yeah I'll leave the matrix to Neo, he knows kung fu

pretty much everyone of them is shit

It doesn't have to be a Windows version. Linux versions, I welcome as well. I was just looking for which one was the closest to Magnet Software's. I guess one that would be admissible in court. I understand the chain of custody through data preservation to be one of the most important aspects of digital forensics. I guess for my practice labs it really wouldn't matter which I utilized?

This looks promising

010 editor you dumb fucks

sweetscape.com/010editor/

This is what pretty much every reverse engineer uses in windows at least

if youre on a unix based machine then Radare2