pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread I've added a group buys section, if you think it should be removed or edited do so in the next thread

Attached: GNU.png (1012x566, 398K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thingiverse.com/thing:2856614
youtube.com/user/Chyrosran22
1upkeyboards.com/cherry-switch-puller.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

thingiverse.com/thing:2856614 in case anyone's interested in making one themselves. Make sure to read the notes on thingiverse.

Attached: photo_2018-04-10_13-17-44.jpg (1280x960, 87K)

is that pumba?

Attached: crop-IMG_20180412_175250.jpg (3200x2400, 2.19M)

so cool i finally achieved to change the rgb under glow on accessing layers weeeeeeeee

Hey guys, what's a cheap MK that comes with box browns?

One you build or assemble yourself

Post your chastity cage too

I want a quieter mech keyboard for work, I have an MX blue Filco at home here. Are there any guides I can look at for quieter tactile vintage keyboards?

How about box navies?

just get a keyboard with matias QC switches

Me and my waifus prefer Duck Duck Shine with blues unless someone's sleeping in the next room and Kingston with browns become the best choice.

Attached: IMG_20180317_duckduckshine5-kingston-hyperx.jpg (2817x3747, 3.71M)

>GNU on a period IBM hardware
What times we live in

Attached: 1502143234393.jpg (3504x2336, 2.68M)

youtube.com/user/Chyrosran22

no idea but this channel has a lot vintage keyboards and explains the swiches in detail.

That's funny, I'm actually subscribed to him and I am listening to him right now. Been looking at many of the keyboards he has reviewed

He introduced me to older keybaords, I had no idea that they were a decent option

Alright, well what's even out there that comes with box browns?

Thank you, that seems to be a perfect recommendation for me

box switches are very new and in the category of DIY rather than commercial products

excellent taste my sir !

why do gold plated springs exist?

buypigs

Patrician taste.

Attached: sidewards.jpg (1200x1800, 846K)

shit. that's expensive.
do i even have any other options that might be sorta like box browns? in terms of quality, i mean. i know i can get cherry browns, but they feel like shit in comparison.

you could get the Kira, but that's more of a hobby keyboard. the only other keyboard I know that comes with box switches is the typist and that only has whites

are you cute?

Just brought a Ducky One2 With Blues, I'm fucking loving it.

deadly cute

Attached: 2-photo-u1.jpg (650x995, 47K)

I'm embarrassed to have bought from the same manufacturer as you

I got a skyline with browns, which design did you get?

My cousin has a steel series mx 800. Was testing out his kb since i use a laptop with scissor switches. Ive gotten so used to them however that mechanical just felt odd in a way. Kept missing some keys and the extra distance you need to press just made the kb feel so off. Is this something you get used to or is it just a shit kb? I believe they use qs1 switches

how do gaterons measure up, is the question now.

I wanna meme even further. Should I get an ergodox or a 40% (van,niu mini,planck)?

why not both? Atreus 40%

they've got better tactile and linear switches, but cherry has better clicky switches

why stop at those, why not meme it further

Attached: Pawn 35%.png (885x957, 1.83M)

where to get machined aluminum keycaps?

Your local CNC machine shop. I hope you shit cash cause it won't be cheap.

surely someone makes them in bulk. I'd accept printed or sintered also.

>surely someone makes them in bulk
No, they're too expensive. So you get fewer people who'd be willing to shell out for them, which only makes it more expensive.

there was a group buy for some but they were 40 bucks a keycap and i don't really see you getting them cheaper then that

god damn it, I don't have time to make them myself either. I was really hoping to just make the board out of wood and brass and buy the caps but fuck plastic. Ideas for something else nicer than ABS?

Thick dyesub PBT.

if you want you can get a cheap casting set up for like 500 bucks and you can make all the metal keycaps you want

Maybe. Thinking I might just clad the top of black keys.

Plain black with white LED's. I wanted something that looked professional for my MX master

There's only two reasons gold-plated anything exists:
1: corrosion resistance
2: to be as gaudy as possible
And if there's stuff causing corrosion inside your switches, something is very wrong, so I'm guessing the latter

How easy is it to resolder the switches on a keyboard? I'm considering replacing the Cherry MX Brown switches on my Leopold with something else.

Why do you always post with a gun? That makes you look like a tryhard fag

ezpz but my job is resoldering surface mount ICs so I might be biased.

He's been posting the same keyboard for years now.

What are you talking about.

Attached: NKRO MX Brown.jpg (2400x1600, 1.24M)

>Needing a spacebar
We can go further

Attached: IMG_20161116_122926.jpg (1600x1197, 379K)

Has anyone greased their Model M? How much of a difference did it make?

based filco poster

>I wanna meme

Attached: 1517795432305.gif (256x256, 458K)

What are you trying to accomplish by putting grease on it?

I'd also like to know this.

Just got my first brand new Ducky and love it so far but something seems off. Every time I start up my pc the login text bar is filled, like a key was being stuck/ held down all night even though I don't run into any problems when actually using it. Only started to happen when I started using this keyboard. Anybody else ever experience this?

Attached: 1492283822236.png (626x885, 495K)

>three shift keys
for what purpose

I've been using this leopold fc660c for a few years now. Still my favorite keyboard.

Attached: kb.jpg (2016x1512, 819K)

I was lubing the stabilizers and some oil got onto one of the stems of my switch and now the switch is not clicky anymore. It works fine but it's like reds now. LOL... how the fuck do I fix it? I have a board that has PCB mounted switches...

i have no idea how to open the switch. would putting some IPA help?

Attached: 1499737272517.gif (200x200, 135K)

>Wanting the sound of rattling plastic back

Attached: 9d5.png (2688x2688, 173K)

>Why do you always post with a gun? That makes you look like a tryhard fag
libtard nogunz beta faggot detected. go back to jerking off to BLACKED kiddo.
>all them SIGs, HKs, walthers...
damn dude... like them all except that Remington trash. but don't sell that one.. it will be extremely rare in the future.

Yes, it pleases me when I hear clicks. I want it back. Don't want only a single key not making clicks.

Well, you have to desolder the switch to open it up and clean it.

Thinking of getting the patriot viper v770. Some site kept raving about it. Any one have any experience with it?

Boy, have I got some news for you.

Attached: weight.jpg (1080x1080, 67K)

there has to be a way to open it from the top. I think I need a special tool (like pic related) but I'm not sure. I just searched for opening tools and this one came up. but I think it could be done without it...

anyone know this shit?

Attached: 1501238869728.jpg (1202x800, 74K)

I hate keyboards that you can't easily use with one hand and need Fn for everything. TKL is pretty much the smallest kb I can use. It's either full or TKL for me.

Stop masturbating so much.

why would I need a kb to jerk off? anyway, it's just fucking annoying to have to have both hands on the board to do anything. you can't even use Ins/Del/PgUp/PgDn without pressing fn with these fucking meme kbs.

you gain nothing and lose so much.

That's for if it's PCB mounted, if it's plate mounted then you need to desolder.

All that wanking is affecting your eyesight, nigga, take another look. Your hands must have zero reach too if you think you can't get to those keys with one hand.

>if it's plate mounted then you need to desolder
Fuck! Yes, there's a metal plate below the keycaps. So there's no way to remove the top jacket without opening the whole board and desoldering? I don't wanna void my warranty by opening it.

I guess I'll try shooting some IPA or contacts cleaner in there to denature the oil.

>Budget
200 or less not including tax
>Location
Socal
>Preferred switch type
Not sure but i want to avoid blues because click clack honestly annoys the fuck out of me. If it helps im mostly playing dota or ff14 now a days which i guess blues are good for but fuck that
>Layout
Ansi
>Form factor
100%
>Backlight
Dont care but why the fuck not
>Previous/current keyboards
Built in scissor switch laptop kbs

Switch type is mostly up to preference. If you have that much to spend you should get a switch tester off NovelKeys or something and see what you like best.

Attached: Screenshot_20180412-232606_Firefox.jpg (1080x263, 36K)

But is it fast?

>Budget
around 100 euro

>Location (continent at least)
Belgium

>Preferred switch type
Linears (black, red, gateron yellow)

>Layout
ansi qwerty

>Form factor
60% with or without arrow keys, not too bothered about that.

>Backlight
preferably without. but if theres a better cheaper option that has backlighting, sure.

>Previous/current keyboards
hhkb pro 2

How would you go about replacing the switches on a plate-mounted keyboard?

Desoldering them, then soldering in the new switches.

Aren't they attached to the plate somehow though?

You just need to push those two clips on the front & back of the switch to release it from the plate.

Attached: CHERRY_MX_SWITCH_BROWN__65192.1437150964.1280.1280.jpg (1024x1024, 120K)

Should I use any special tools? I'm replacing MX switches with some MX clones.

Maybe some tweezers to push those clips. A desoldering gun would make it a lot easier, but those separate solder suckers should work.

There's also this if you wanna buy a specific tool for lifting switches out of the plate.

1upkeyboards.com/cherry-switch-puller.html

that one might not be, but this one certainly is

Attached: photo_2017-01-15_03-23-51.jpg (1280x960, 149K)

Have you figured out the macros yet? I can't make head nor tail of the manual's instructions on it/online posts about it

i don't know if this a right place, just wondering which brand have the best software (macro) for their keyboard?

OLKB's QMK

If you’re sure they’re PCB mount you can open the top of the switch with a pair of tweezers and a flat head

I don't understand lbs, how much is that?

2 kilos or so

Like 3/8 stone

Why do redditors and geekhackers masturbate furiously over heavy keyboards so much

Who gives a shit if your keyboard is 4 kilograms of aluminium, a keyboard only needs to be heavy enough to be stable on your desk and anything more is wankery

Imagine being this much of a soyboy

What's the best type of lube to use for switches? I know I gotta use dialectic grease for the stabs but should I be using the same for the switches?

Some flavor of GPL grease or oil. IIRC I have some 103+205 mixture for lubing the sliders. You can either use that for the springs or some medium weight silicone oil. Of course opinions vary on this, so just read up on it.

Are there any problems in installing holtites on a board? I'm thinking of modding my kbd75 with them because hotswappability is really useful but I don't know if it will work yet.

The HuB creator has explained how they can produce keycaps so cheaply, and why the kickstarter goal is so high. I wonder if that will placate that guy with terrible English from a few threads back.

How do you type space?