Literally WTF is wrong with Dell?

Literally WTF is wrong with Dell?

>takes like a week to ship out my XPS 13
>they finally ship
>it's coming from the fucking US, not a Canadian warehouse

No wonder no one buys Dell laptops. They take fucking forever to ship!

Attached: notebook-xps-13-polaris-pdp-design-3.jpg (965x553, 96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/2013-12-11-07-31-57-jpg.106020/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Nice blog idiot

this isn't a blog

discuss how fast PC manufacturers and dealers ship their shit

If you custom specced it and ordered directly from Dell it would be manufactured to your order specification in Asia and then shipped after, least thats what happen for European orders

Kill yourself retard

I didn't even customize anything.

Good technology thread

Dell is still around?

Enjoy your coil whine POS with an incredibly INCREDIBLY good display

t.xps13 9660 fag

I bought the 9370 which does not have coil whine

You ordered from Dell and you're sperging out that it's coming from Dell?

no why don't they have a canadian warehouse? and why don't they keep these laptops in stock, why are they made to order?

you probably never leave the house
I only see dells and macs everywhere I go. Maybe a few HPs or Lelnovos once in a while.

I see way more HPs than Dells, because they actually sell them at Best Buy.

Gtfo leaf. Dont you guys have some leafpad or dumb maplePC to sell?

I had my XPS in less than a week. I returned it because of coil whine. Latitudes are better.

Attached: 1502196155517.gif (375x375, 168K)

Because that's how Dell is? Didn't you look into this first?

I knew this but I'm still pissed off it's going to take like 2 weeks just to get my fucking laptop

Fucking entitled shit bag, goddamn...
Two weeks is not long at all to wait for something you fuck.

2 weeks is definitely long unless you're ordering shit from Europe or Asia

Literally only had any whining when using Win10 which I only used to fix the cabc bullshit

Nigga, two weeks was standard just a few years ago.
As for why they don't "have them in stock" is simple supply and demand. Nobodies buying those shit laptops, so they don't have them ready to go like applepadbooks.

>they take fucking forever to ship

Maybe you shouldn't pay for economy shipping and blame Dell for it.

in Canada they only have ground shipping

>buy shit from their consumer service
>expect enterprise support and shipping times
>isn't even aware of how well dell does in enterprise to begin with

HP only took 2 business days when I bought their Spectre X360.

>Fucking entitled shit bag
*milk bag

Attached: canda.jpg (320x240, 36K)

>every business has the same amount of backlog, items in stock, ships from the same location, and uses the same shipping service
Please come back when you get a job in tech.

I know it's just Dell because they do the made to order thing because it's cheaper for them.

Dell is and always has been a cheap and shit typical American company putting profit before consumer satisfaction
>Get brand new XPS 13
>Day 1 needs an engineer round to replace the shitty WiFi card because Dell was too cheap to put a good one in
>The domes can be seen behind the cheap plastic on the keyboard
>Keyboard lighting is ugly and cheap
>Runs like a sloth because of cheap and shitty hardware coupled with Dell's bloatware
>The trackpad is flat out unusable on anything other than Windows
For £1000 I honestly feel like I got conned, especially because for £700+ I could've had a much more robust and better ThinkPad.

Job bought me a new dell. Shit cant hold a charge.

I'm replacing my HP Spectre X360 because:
>shitty trackpad
>heats up and fan runs like crazy while charging
>coil whine while in sleep and charging

>use amazon
>it arrives the next day
wowwwww how did this happen it's almost like a huge company bought warehouses all over the world and have people delivering every second of every day 24/7/365

>Order from Lenovo Canada because I'm Canadian
>all laptops come with bilingual keyboard
>no choice given for different keyboard layout at order customization and checkout
>support line tells me I can ship the laptop out to their Ontario service centre to get a US English keyboard installed
>I live on the west coast and they want me to ship to fucking Ontario

fucking fucks

i have a hp laptop which has a bilingual keyboard and i never notice it. it's not backlit or anything.

but getting a lenovo anything, you fucked up big time m8. I hope you return it ASAP

>i have a hp laptop which has a bilingual keyboard and i never notice it. it's not backlit or anything.
Dunno how your keyboard is laid out exactly, but the fucked up enter key shape and size just messed me up. The Lenovo was like this:

forum.notebookreview.com/attachments/2013-12-11-07-31-57-jpg.106020/

My current home/work laptop is a HP also purchased in Canada, it's nowhere near as retarded since it largely resembles US english layout but it still has some odd symbols I will never use and french words here and there, it's been just fine to type on

>but getting a lenovo anything, you fucked up big time m8. I hope you return it ASAP
It was 5 years ago, never again.

Attached: IMG_20180412_204600.jpg (4640x2610, 2.64M)

Yeah I'm ruling out any chinkshit for laptops now.

Had an Asus ZenBook, after exactly 2 years the trackpad scratched and wore off really badly as if I have the fingernails of a wolverine. I can post pictures if you'd like.

Dell shipping is garbage. Takes forever, even with the "expiated shipping".

>Paying upwards of 1000USD for a product
>entitled
He is entitled to actually get it in a reasonable time frame, faggot.

Two weeks is perfectly reasonable when shipping to an internationally irrelevant country.

HP and Dell are the two brands I generally don't go anywhere near, but any American tech is usually dogshit.

had an asus laptop before this, here's my story:

Did he pay $100 for express international shipping?

>2 years
2 years more than you'll get out of yankshit.
I've personally not had a bad experience with Asus.

HP and Dell generally have better build quality than chinkshit.

They really don't.
They use the cheapest materials possible with the shoddiest build methods.
Chinkshit is quite hit and miss, but at least it's not just miss like muttshit.

where's your source for this?

The hardware for Dell Vs Asus for instance.
Dell always have and will cut corners to marginalize profit. Just look at the abortion of a WiFi card they used in their top of the line XPS series. Or the coil whine, or poor Linux compatibility because of shitty hardware soldering.

why is asus so much cheaper then?

My 2015 version only has whine when it's like upside down

Because they aren't American and don't have a brand and name as old as Dell.

Someone post that wallpaper pls

Then why did my trackpad fucking scratch like a bitch?

Attached: 20180117_105631.jpg (4032x3024, 3.56M)

Last dell I got was 8 years ago here in Aus it took months

Be careful with your xps they water damage verry easily the raw power circuitry is right under those big cooling grills on the right hand side

a chic friends waterbottle lid wasnt screwed on properly and the tiniest bit of water fried hers. Litterally dropped straight through the grill to the main litium battery B+ rail.....

I had a go at repair but it was beyond rossman tier. Good news is got a 512gb NVME stick and 16gb ram and a screen out of it.

Not sure if i should put the nvme drive in a PCI card on my i7 server (no m2 will it boot ?) or buy an alumium usb 3.0 enclosure and turn it into a rocking 512gb usb stick for my MBA

Attached: MZVPV512HDGL-00000.jpg (1200x842, 520K)

That's shit
In the UK loads of places offer you the option of English, French, or German keyboards on the UK site
They even offer to change the plug to a europlug

What's the point of buying a Dell that doesn't have the E-Port dock in the bottom?

I have an MSI gaming 970 mobo (amd am3+) and I boot from a PCI nvme card
No idea about your intel board, although I've heard intel is typically better in terms of nvme support

FUCK DELL
>buy i5 inspiron laptop on discount
>it slows down massively 1 year in
>takes 15 minutes to boot all of a sudden
>back up everything and do 100% fresh windows install
>still impossibly slow
>swap in ssd I had lying around
>install windows again
>screen turns off at random now
>still slow as a snail on a puddle of super glue
>nothing wrong with OS/software
>BIOS apparently ok
>bricks itself randomly
>can't post at all, ruled out display problem because it still won't work when a monitor is plugged in
dell sold me a haunted laptop made of fucking mega blocks plastic and won't cover it under warranty I hope they all die

Laptops I buy tend to do well, I have an HP from 2017 and an Asus from 2015. The Asus never needed any repairs, the HP needed a repair and I got it fixed under warranty.

>inspiron
There's your problem.

How is the lenovo ideapad 720s with the latest i7/8550?

I ordered an Alienware that hadn't left China 2 weeks after placing the order, then they released the new models so I cancelled it and got it sent back to them before it had even left China. Very annoying

There are petty god reviews, but still plenty of complaints about its coil whine and so on...

I'm thinking of ugprading my 8 year old laptop. How's the Dell XPS 15 9560?

>windows
Found the problem.

Canada just doesn't really matter in the business world, it's cheaper to ship from US lmao

Fucking hell, manchild. Suck your penis while you wait

ikft
>bought a monitor in March 22 from Dell
>it arrived last saturday

Buy a thinkpad, retard

Not even chinks buy that Lenovo chinkshit, you know that right?

OP here, update: it finally arrived in Calgary. I'm in Edmonton. It's coming Monday

Dell ships from China

great isn't it

No whine on 9550 and 9560, not sure if good luck or some of you guys just pissed of the Dell gods.

Thx for the blog post faggot

Bought an Asus gaymer laptop, 32Gig, i7 4700, 512gb 840Pro, Aluminum chassis, 17" display, GTX860.

Still better than the bullshit people buy now...

>buys consumer shitware
>wonders why it takes ages to ship

What else am I supposed to buy, business grade? They're heavy as fuck.

there's a tradeoff with business and consumer grade.
Shitovo for example, with all the trash it makes these days, still offers one of the best enterprise warranties I have seen. Not even shilling but I put in a ticket for a broken trackpoint and they sent out someone in 2 days to replace the keyboard on site. A coworker's P series was replaced under warranty with 1 day shipping.
Imo, enterprise is worth the premium and more bulky hw

Yeah but I'm a student so lightweight is the #1 priority here. Don't want to carry around a heavy backpack

but you can build stamina, free exercise etc

Honestly though, the XPS isn't a complete piece of shit. It has its weaknesses but it has a relatively good panel and I think that's a big thing if a laptop is your primary machine that you spend a good amount of time on. You have to pay a lot with enterprise models to get a good panel, generally speaking.

>but you can build stamina, free exercise etc
That's just a shitty excuse. Unless you're a poorfag, get a lightweight laptop.

I think the XPS is best in class.

But chinks are dumb favor retards. Huawei and Lenovo are the only laptops you should be buying if you don't need a mac or a Dell Xps 15 for whatever specific reason

Asus, Samsung, LG are all better Asian laptops than Lenovo or Huawei

There's a reason why nationalistic chinks don't use them

Basically anything from usa to Canada takes 2 weeks.

Not its shipping FROM usa

>Unless you're a poorfag, get a lightweight laptop.
I really don't get this crying about an extra pound, especially if it's a machine that doesn't throttle, has user replaceable battery, doesn't have thermal problems down the line due to shit airflow design, or run like a little vacuum when rendering web pages. Thicker enterprise machines also happen to be built properly and don't break when a speck of dust or water falls on them the wrong way.

Not really, it takes a week at most

It's more like 2 extra pounds. That's a lot.

Asus and Samsung laptops? Are you ducking high?
The LG gram is pretty nice, but again if you're getting a generic 16:9 windows ultra book there is literally no reason to not get a thinkpad. The x1 is objectively better than all competitors and Huawei has 3:2 and perfect build quality

>buying Lenovo anything
Please I know the ThinkPad is a meme around here but that's just a horrible idea. Don't waste your money on chinkshit

Nice meme spouting you dumb stupid faggot. Calling the thinkpad chinkshit means absolutely nothing at all. It's superior build quality, superior performance, superior functionality. It's only downside is still having a 16:9 screen for retards, but it excels in so many areas that it's worth forgiving.

I wouldn't be caught dead with a fucking Lenovo laptop. Embarrassing as fuck. Makes you seem like a retard who fell for memes

Nice meme spouting you dumb stupid faggot. It's all you're good for.

Lenovo build quality is shit and their warranty is shit as well. Both legitimate reasons not to get Lenovo

Really, T and X series thinkpads have bad build quality? That is your assertion?
If you live in such a backwards world you should just kill yourself

depends on needs. If your workload consists of word processing and sitting in a web browser or remoting into real machines, it really doesn't matter much what you use. Just get the thinnest and most fashionable toy out there with a good panel and battery. This is why the macbook is popular. No one actually does real work locally on one. It's just a nice screen attached to a decent capacity battery.
If your workload consists of needing actual local performance, I would not advise buying thin consumer fashion computers.

You're the meme spouting retard here, you do nothing but claim ThinkPads have great build quality

I'm done with you, you're pathetic

You can't disprove that Lenovo is chinkshit. Oh well.

No. Standard shipping from anywhere in USA to Canada is 10 business days.

imo it's relatively bad compared to what the brand was before it was Chinkified, post **40 line. At the same time, the chinkpads are relatively good compared to all the throttling thin fashion accessories that sacrifice features and battery life for no reason.