The simple, hard truth

If you use Windows, you're not welcome on Jow Forums.

It's that simple. We're about sharing, sharing information and community - things that Windows denies. Windows is about keeping people divided, sucking on blind faith and calling tech support numbers in case things break.
It doesn't help to buy random hardware for showing off at /speccy/ in order to look nerdy. You're not technology.

We aren't your tech support and we aren't the place to get buy recommendations. Fuck off.

Attached: 1515908475193.jpg (600x600, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/doitsujin/dxvk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>dual boots windows and arch
>would use arch fulltime if I didn't play gaymes

sorry user, I appreciate tech but got to use windows to socialize.

DXVK
X
V
K

github.com/doitsujin/dxvk

Is that the fucking Quizno's monster?

Winfags >>/v/

I'm on Windows 10 right now posting from the Edge browser and there's nothing you can do to stop me

How about if I post a webm? Last time I tried, Edge couldn't handle those on Jow Forums.

>windows is about keeping people divided
>windows users aren't welcome

>gaymes
>got to use windows to socialize

Attached: tfw life after vasectomy.jpg (1200x723, 99K)

who cares we're all gonna die anyway

Do I need to explain how a proprietary OS prevents you from doing anything fun is a detriment to a board about tech?

Attached: 1521935087137.webm (1280x720, 1.54M)

Did your computer come without windows?

Maybe in 1 or 2 years.

Yes, you really fucking do.

There'd be about 20 people on Jow Forums if all windows users left.

> We're about sharing, sharing information and community
Windows is also about sharing information. Windows is sharing all the time.

how about its can now

sure, you don't need to ask questions about windows because it just works unlike loonix where nothing works and you need to communicate with other people to solve trillion of problems

> blames OS for own mistakes

lol
OP, not to bother your elitist feels, but I use Windows, Linux and Darwin, what should I do? Tell me, master.

>We aren't your tech support and we aren't the place to get buy recommendations. Fuck off.

I fully support this statement

Vertical tile on a left is Windows. Fuck off.

Attached: 1496626596641.png (8880x2160, 112K)

>on a right
fix. Shit.
But whatever.

don't worry nobody cares

Yes, go ahead. I can only think of ways open source OSs in their current state would restrict how I have fun. Accept it already, you can do anything you do on your favorite distro on Windows, but still, you will only use freetard OSs because your mindless ideology.

>technology board
>we only discus OS's that are about sharing and caring

>Implying technology is only software

Attached: Soldering+WhiteFox+PCB.jpg (4032x3024, 2.05M)

Not OP, but to me only reason to use windows - newest triple A video games.
There's nothing I miss from windows.
Also, having fun is this way: This board is about technology AND if you look carefully to sticky thread, picture clearly implies two things:
1. It's about computers
2. It's about linux, GNU and free (libre) software

what do you fellers even do on the computers except complain about Windows on Jow Forums

Ill always browse Jow Forums , me and my LTSB so you can fuck off, you can't dictate who is welcome and who isn't, you have no power so throw your autismo fit somewhere else

I run ubuntu and only because I'm too much of a cheap fuck to shell out $100 for windows.

Am I welcome?

>1.54 MB for a 2 second webm

KEK, THE ABSOLUTE STATE OF LINUX-FAGS!

What games are even worth playing on windows? Just play console games and ditch windows.

Attached: 23660-heroes-of-might-and-magic-iii-the-restoration-of-erathia-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1014, 241K)

Attached: Baldur's_Gate_II_-_Shadows_of_Amn_Coverart.png (252x329, 165K)

Attached: DeusExCover.png (600x745, 623K)

Attached: Kushan_box_cover.jpg (900x900, 155K)

Attached: 220px-Dragon_Age_Origins_cover.png (220x310, 93K)

funny enough these are all old enough that they'd run perfectly on wine

Attached: 22407737_143524669721383_1682137990_n.png (248x294, 80K)

Attached: 51l4FaYVfyL._SY445_.jpg (307x445, 46K)

This is one of the best, if not THE best, space RTS game ever made.

1-you're retarded
2-do i really need to add anything ?

It works in widescreen too.

Attached: shota003.jpg (1920x1200, 314K)

Is macOS welcome?

Attached: Systemshock2box.jpg (220x253, 14K)

only if it's hackintoshed

Attached: 1273455161464.jpg (640x480, 21K)

Console port, but graphics are better on PC

Attached: Dead_Space_Box_Art.jpg (256x320, 58K)

>If you use Windows, you're not welcome on Jow Forums. It's that simple.
Oh NO! A fucking NOBODY doesn't welcome ME on internet, whatever will I do?

Attached: Kotorbox.jpg (260x361, 70K)

Attached: the-witcher-1-enhanced-edition-directors-cut-key-kaufen-fuer-steam-download-1501007229.jpg (600x844, 111K)

Attached: Total_Annihilation_Coverart.jpg (640x803, 82K)

Attached: Vampire_The_Masquerade_-_Bloodlines_cover_usa.jpg (640x916, 92K)

Attached: 235-1.jpg (1513x2149, 489K)

Attached: AMA_cover.png (653x730, 782K)

Am I welcome if I switch to gnu & linux?

Attached: 11855-myst-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x923, 124K)

Attached: 2016-03-18_56ec349aa8a3d_CallofDuty4ModernWarfare2007PC-720x480.jpg (720x480, 173K)

Attached: 220px-Half-Life_Cover_Art.jpg (220x315, 33K)

Attached: 2917-shogo-mobile-armor-division-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x1012, 117K)

What do you use to see outside your basement then? Did you just break a hole in the wall?

15 to be exact, the other 5 is cryptoniggers.

Jow Forums OS usage is pretty depressing

Attached: g_oss.png (685x164, 15K)

I've played almost every one of those games in wine.

Homeworld remaster is cool too.

Attached: 1518831092710.jpg (565x554, 61K)

I'm still using Windows XP. Suck muh dick OP!

REEEEEE Hold me back!!! winfags btfo!

Attached: IMG_6898.jpg (640x492, 81K)

Attached: nobully.jpg (900x900, 77K)

It's incredible, all the answers you received are a decade or more old, and could all easily be played in wine or emulated.

I played this years ago and it wasn't very good. Not bad per-se, just not very good. I think the only reason it's popular is because American McGee.

Oh dear, some person on the internet doesn't approve of my choice of privacy invasion system. Whatever shall I do?

Attached: 4L_GQA56RNA.jpg (1112x1280, 183K)

guis i can't into vidya gaims

its been years since i was 'seriously' into one
i sometimes wonder if there is something wrong with me

Try and make me faggot!!

I've played literally all of these on my PC, Wine ran them all perfectly. Fuck off shill.
Shogo was the hardest one because I had to do some trickery because it uses old Windows drivers and dlls but it worked, I literally just copied and pasted files.

They both have a native Linux port, retard.

>stop using technology I don't like

This.
System shock 2 even has a Linux (wine ported) version on Steam.

kek

Wine ports all run like shit in comparison to windows versions. If I could just run the game with higher settings and a better framerate at the same time on the same computer just by installing a different operating system, why would I chose to play the inferior version?

Face it, outside of getting lucky and being one of those people that PCI passthrough works for perfectly without weeks of tweaking, Linux gaming options suck.

>Wine ports all run like shit in comparison to windows versions
This is game dependent. You'd always lose less than 25% of performance, usually around 2-8%. This isn't "running like shit". And also, WINE games can be made to run just as well or even better than the originals with some effort, but the (((developers))) never put effort into making good quality ports. Some random guy made DOOM perform slightly better in WINE than it does on windows, in less than a few months after the game was released.

Am I playing games if I play hearthstone ?
It's pretty much like mahjong but for literal retards, I just play it to rape noobs and talk with old school friends through bnet
I really hate gayms like cs and pretty much anything that's not Supa casual

Attached: 1522946335550.jpg (331x167, 6K)

I'm sure you don't even know why RMS is on the sticky...

I'm pretty sure technology means technology not an autistic preference towards Linux, yes we get it, you hate technology

Linux is a kernel.
You're wrong, because you're poisoned with hate. The correct solution is helping your people to get better instead deporting them because you think you're better.
That's we reason why /fglt/ exists.

How bout you suck my floppy dick you nigger I typed this into Microsoft® Windows 10™ with my Microsoft® Surface® Pro™ Type Cover™ AND I will continue to make shitposts using such hardware for the forseeable future

Attached: IMG_20180408_161931.jpg (3968x2976, 2.15M)

was this good? i got a t-shirt free from gamestop from a box because nobody wanted them shortly after release. i wore it for years but still haven't even seen a still of the game

I gave something looking like that away once, it was a quad core atom from asus

>we
what part of cambridge are you from?

There are no windows "enthusiasts" here. It's just that the place is overrun with paid shills.

The World Hates WinFags

Attached: 3BF7F062-2CE3-4E70-907F-F2E1F00F0F40.jpg (674x501, 49K)

honestly did not expect it to be that bad
now it all makes sense

Attached: vomit-chan.jpg (680x680, 82K)

I agree. I honestly hope there’s a huge data breach with MS and everyone’s personal info is leaked. Identities will be stolen and lives will be ruined. Best of all, they’ll scream and cry about how it’s not fair, but they chose to be employees of MS by working for free and handing over their personal data.

>neckbeard is having a mental breakdown because normal people are living their lives while he's messing with his toy OS in his mother's basement
Your poor life choices are entirely your fault. But you stop any day and emerge from your manchild cave to the real world, we will welcome you just grow up.

Attached: 1523423131700.jpg (800x793, 41K)

>how dare you use what i don't like!!!1!

OP