Post your questions here

Read >search
ddg.gg/lite

redirect new friends creating their own threads with >previous

>irc
webchat.freenode.net/?channels=sqt
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/sqt

no self bump

Attached: 1523176323972s.jpg (161x250, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pygame.org/docs/ref/mixer.html#pygame.mixer.Sound
i.imgur.com/6nF84YW.png
reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6bpfjw/guide_to_make_a_perfect_windows_10_iso/
blog.Jow
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Does anyone know what the hell is a FileJoin (FJSYS) archive?
I'm starting to think that it was only ever used by a single doujin circle, it might as well have been invented by them as part of the engine project.
I googled it, but all I got was this.

Attached: Screenshot_13042018_1223171684770.png (1018x302, 39K)

iliterate here
svchost uses +50% of the CPU. how do i fix this? i searched a little but it was pointless

Attached: cat.jpg (224x219, 13K)

My AKG cable has gone bad and I just want to know if any cable replacement is OK? Planning on going to guitar center for one if so.

what is your criteria for a good web browser ?
what do you prefer?

Attached: 1489683438060.png (612x491, 98K)

honestly, I use firefox only for the addons, and now that they fucked it up with quantum I might move to something else

I work remote and connect daily to my company VPN, are they able to monitor what I do on the internet, it uses SSL for encryption so I guess not the exact content, but what about the names of the sites?

What's a good C# IDE ?

Only real alternative is chrome, if you don't mind sucking googles cock. Or the OS specific ones if you're one of those people. I'd stick with FF if you've made it this far. They've got more API rollouts planned, including session management. The hard sacrifices are over and it should be all gains from here.

I'm still on Firefox ESR to keep my old plugins, specifically vimperator, which I don't think can be remade with the new addon API

It just made it so easier, being able to control all your browser with your keyboard, I'd move to luakit but its too minimal

Yeah, having a secure, fast and sufficiently adaptable modern browser that ALSO lets you do whatever you want with pluggins might not technically be impossible, but it is unfeasible. They held on far longer than they should have, and made some really ridiculous concessions in the process. Any browser based on old FF is already in pretty bad shape all things considered, and it's going to get a lot worse very quickly. It kinda comes down to what you're willing to put up with to keep the XUL library, especially with most developers abandoning ship.

There's a lot they'll be able to do when enough APIs get implemented, and supposedly some functionality that wasn't part of the old extension system.

Am I retarded?
pygame.org/docs/ref/mixer.html#pygame.mixer.Sound

Attached: Capture.png (526x79, 5K)

Visual Studio.

Yes, they can see your DNS requests and what IP addresses you're connecting to, but if it's SSL they won't get the exact content or URLs unless they have a man in the middle server which you've installed the certificate for, in which case they can see everything.

Right click it, Go to service(s), see what service it is.

Cable for what?

where do i get windows movie maker for windows 7?

I just got a pixel and when I change my display size to small some apps like firefox display apps in tablet form and display the desktop version of websites.

Is there any way around this and make the dpi so that it still thinks its a mobile?

Normal is just way to big and clunky imo.

I'm trying to install windows 7 and when I get to the part where it asks what storage device I want to install to it doesn't detect anything. When I list disks in command prompt both my ssd and hdd show up. Both are blank and brand new and are also detected in the bios. Installing windows from a iso from a USB

Is there a dummies guide to making a programming language?

I've heard you're supposed to use
>LLVM
for the compiler if you want to do it right

I've also heard something about
>FLEX
>BISON

I have no idea how to install these or how to even possibly conceive using them

Pass in the argument as the file name faggot. E.g pygame.mixer.Sound("file.wav")

San you recommend me good video player for android that can handle subs and make screenshots?
BSPlayer can't handle subs properly
MXPlayer can't make screenshots
VLC can't playback video without artifacts

Attached: 1523474235115.png (380x565, 227K)

I'm trying to fix my rhythmbox after fucking up my packages and now I'm being hit with "Internal GStreamer error: pad problem". What does that mean? Any advice?

I'm doing audio synthesis in real-time, files aren't an option.
I was more confused about why it said 0 arguments given when I clearly gave it one.
Anyway, it seems I can pass it a bytearray without specifying what it it is like the docs recommend, and that works fine.

looking for a way or app to make multiple accounts work on a single app (e.g. managing multiple accounts on a single game). android 7.0

Any of you know how to use OBS properly? I've currently got it streaming my second monitor, but it streams all audio I play. Is there a way for the audio to be exclusively from that one chrome tab?

What is the quickest/most efficient way to move/copy large amounts of files around in Gahnoo/Linux, preferably via CLI?
Merely using cp seems quite slow.

cp is illegal. reported to FBI.

Oh no.

Times up.

Standard functionality: doesn't lack any major features like javascript support etc.
Customizability with add-ons: because everyone has different needs in a web browser
Security: i shouldn't get a virus or hacked within 10 minutes of web browsing
Freedom: my personal data won't be collected by Google or whoever. this implies the web browser is free and open source.
Stability: doesn't crash every 5 minutes
Not a huge resource-hog: i can keep my web browser open for a few days or weeks and my system stills runs smoothly

Firefox is my choice

Okay Jow Forums. So I have and am a little familiar with OBS already. What is the best way to 1 on 1 stream my desktop privately? To be specific, I want to stream games and movies I play to my temporarily long distance gf. Is there any way to connect directly or do I need to use a service like twitch or etc.

How does Nvidia's naming convention work?

Attached: 1522491096470.jpg (1024x441, 220K)

how in gods name do you install gentoo on c600 chipset, i follow the handbook and i keep getting an error " cant find root block device"

OBS is designed to work with a service like Twitch or Youtube. You should look into using Rabbit to share your screen. It's a website.

Thanks. Also are there any keywords for other services like this or any other options if I am not satisfied with rabbit?

So there's a family member who likes to get shitfaced in the room right nex to mine in the wee hours of the morning leaving bottles and shit almost every night but especially on weekends, how do i "temporarily" disable the television in that room for the duration of the night to discourage said family member (since he won't take any verbal cues when called out) from depriving me of my sleep at 4AM? Ideally i'd like to maintain plausible deniability of course

Also i already thought about hiding the power cable but it's bolted into the casing unfortunately

probably get banned for asking this question lol but what fucking language should I learn for the first time, as in an absolute beginner?

Attached: 1304938223524.jpg (369x368, 47K)

Depends on why or what you want to code

I just want to learn it as an additional skill. I want to spend my free time doing productive things. I am trying to begin a small regional magazine and I guess it could be helpful to build a website. Otherwise I like the idea of game development. I just want something foundational.

How bad will I fuckup my drive/data if kill long running chkdsk? It's gonna take me over 20 days and I don't wanna wait that long

Any /excel/ bro here? I'm trying to do something but I'm too retarded to make a formula that works. I want to get the avarege value between the values assessed to a table that have days, weekdays and the values, but I would also like to put in the same cell the assigned day and weekday that have that value. Any ideas?

Attached: pls.jpg (331x331, 24K)

if you just wanna sit down and write some code you can start with python. Just keep in the back of your mind that it's a shitlang, and you should move on if you end up enjoying coding. If you want something proper from the get go start with scala or a lisp. Also, learning some C basics will do you good.

Get a smart home plug. The type that goes over your normal outlet. Use it to disable the power late at night. Remove it early in the morning so he doesn't get suspicious.

Why on Earth are you putting the days and values in the same cells?
Each cell is supposed to represent one individual value.

C# - is good starting point.
Avoid falling at JavaScript, Python, Ruby, PHP memes.
You can also pick C\C++ but C# is much easier once you get general idea.
After you master at least one language you can pick any other quick and easy.

If it helps there is how i started.
Python - every single person says its super easy and you can do anything with it, in reality, for absolute beginner its was really hard.
After i decided to get into webdev (because its almost only thing you can do to find work) but you have to be super good to do only backend, so i decided to learn JavaScript for frontend.
Then i realized you can do backend and frontend with only JS, so i wasted another 4-5 months learning JS, got pretty good but still felt like i know nothing.
Quit this gay shit.
Finally decide i don't want short way into programming and want to gitgud.
Started with c++, and after first few days i realized how much of the retard i was, and how bad JS and python is for beginners.
Was learning c++ but then parents wanted to kick my ass of home so i had to get work, find some entry level job, but i had to learn SQL and C#, learn basics in one week and here i am, working already for one year, and i can say from my point C# is good language for beginners, it will teach you all you need to know.

Subscribe for my blog

I have a docking station for my x220 and two AC adapters, if I connect one to the station and the other directly to the laptop, will it charge twice as fast ?

Attached: 1515513914805.png (485x443, 22K)

I don't really agree with the recommendations, but this user is correct about avoiding shitlangs. Python is OK for learning, but whenever I come across python code it's always dogshit so not something you wanna stick with.

It will use the power of alternating current to constantly switch between the two chargers.

Attached: 1515520978250.jpg (460x442, 70K)

I'm not putting them on the same cell, I want to put the smallest value (I meant that, not the average like in the previous post) of the week and the date in the same cell or even in 2 different cells but somehow call the date based on the the value I'll get

That's theoretically a decent idea but how do i conceal this thing when he checks the power outlet at the back of the cabinet the TV is standing on?

I have internet on my phone and all devices in my home but my PC, help?

Here's a stupid question: what the fuck is happening to Jow Forums?

Q got angry.

Anybody else getting 522 errors intermittently?

That seems to be over for now. Image uploads are still 100% fucked though. No idea what's going on.

>No idea what's going on.

Fuck off with your boomer shit retard

>Right click it, Go to service(s), see what service it is
don't know how to do that in services, but in details it says PID 6768

i've got this and can't get rid of it: i.imgur.com/6nF84YW.png
(sorry, looks like i can't upload images)

i've been googling and apparently i can use a program called ESETPoweliksCleaner, but i can't run it
in fact i can't even google ESET on any browser, it closes it.
the virus completely blocked the word ESET, which leads me to believe it's the only antivirus that can remove it

i wrote ESET in a text file and saved it, then i couldn't even open it

how THE FUCK do i fix this? HELP

ANYONE

cable for my headphones.

t3st1ng one two three
Is it still kill?

I want to write a program which, at the least, is a gui where you input a complex mathematical expression and return a simplified answer. One particular example of what I'd like is what I've implemented in mathematica - given a vector field, determine if it's conservative and if it is compute the potential function. I'd like to have this in some graphical program with CAS built in. Any suggestions?

I go to a Canadian university. I rarely ever see these Chinese international students using chinkshit tech.

Most of them use iPhones and MacBooks. I thought they would have some nationalism for chink tech but they do not at all. I've found that they'd rather use Taiwanese (Asus laptops) and Korean (Samsung & LG phones) tech than use Chinese tech. You would think mainland chinks would hate those countries and therefore their products.

Even though Huawei sells the P10 and P20 in Canada, I see no chinks using chinkphones. No Lenovo laptops either.

How come? Is it because they know it's shit? Is it because they're rich enough?

Just installed Windows 10. What do I use to debotnet and debloat it? There are some scripts for that, which one is the best/safe?

Whenever I send an email without any attachments from Outlook 2016 to a Gmail account, the small attachment icon appears in Gmail's inbox, but of course there is no such thing there when I open it. Is it because of the signature I'm using? This only happens in Gmail.

So who killed themselves this time to give us an 8 hour time out?

>

Whats a good music player on android that plays flac and m4a and pretty much most files? I used to use poweramp until Oreo killed it

>full time software developer
>get hired as gamedev on the side
>25€/hour
>really nice at first
>after a month the 60+ hour week and meetings on the weekend are getting to me
>can't relax after coming home, constantly stressed about deadlines
>insomnia and visual snow (stress response)
>perform worse at real job

What do? I could really use the extra money, but I don't want to risk my real job. I can't treat the insomnia and anxiety with drugs, already been there and don't want to repeat it. Meditation didn't work for me, only having a stable job and no worries did.

Looking for a simple IMAP client that I can use to monitor my gmail inbox and notify me when I have new email. Doesn't need to be a full blown email client, I just want notifications. I used to use the functionality that was built into Trillian, but with AIM gone I don't really want to have to keep that around just for email notifications.

Help me I can't open Jow Forums on my desktop. I'm getting a "connection timed out" error

>Just installed
Too late.

reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/6bpfjw/guide_to_make_a_perfect_windows_10_iso/

If you're using an enterprise variant you can set telemetry to lowest setting in group policy.

Jow Forums is being pretty fucky right now. I've been trying to post for the better part of an hour, and only just now became able to, and the main page is still giving cloudflare errors.

Reminder:

blog.Jow Forums.org/

What do you guys use for testing the reliability of a used laptop? HDD, CPU, GPU, battery, etc.
Windows 7 currently installed. Don't mind installing a GNU/Linux distro if necessary.

Best way to control my windows pc using my android phone?

All i see is a post from 1 year ago incorrectly presenting data about Jow Forums from the new retard overlord hiro

Look to the right of that.

I know that the fucking servers are down. I can see that for myself. What I want to know is why.

>laptop
I don't do laptops, but my desktop routine is:
Crystaldiskinfo and Crystaldiskmark
CPU-Z bench/stress test
Furmark

It's down for me

If I send someone money with Paypal what does the person I send the money to see/know about me? Do they just see whatever email I use to sign up or more, if so what. Want to send $ to someone, but stay anonymous to the person getting the funds.

Anyone know some good software for ripping audio from video? I tried using google to look, but a bunch of programs add audio watermarks and other bullshit

do you have your important shit backed up on something other than that computer?
the easiest way out is to simply nuke it from orbit, format the drive, reinstall windows

I want to run Windows for vidya and Linux for everything else. I mainly just want to switch between the 2 seemlessly. Is pic related good for this? I have a 960 and a 4790k but am probably getting a 1070 here soon.

Attached: UnRAID.png.90fdeb8e89d281bb43729d3bf10eb42e.png (3000x972, 14K)

Im going to install some apps that are root allergic (payments and all that). Unfortunately my phone is a bit old and would benefit greatly from root, but I know these kind of apps can easily detect traditional root like SuperSU.

So how well does Magisk and MagiskHide work? And whats the proper way to unroot a phone with SuperSU?

primary/only purposes of money are keeping you alive and making you happier
if you don't need this job to pay rent or feed your kids, and your wife is worse working at it than not working at it, then don't work at it
it's easier to make a budget and cut costs you don't actually need than it is to get a second job and spend your entire life working

i have a cron job that runs every minute
if it succeeds, good
if it fails a few times but then succeeds, not much of a problem
if it fails a lot of times, it'll likely keep failing until i reboot the machine, and that's bad

is there a simple way to send mail if it fails a specified number of times, or do i have to write it myself?

ffmpeg.

My phone won't charge because of some third party app I used to change the homescreen.
It turns on, then error messages pop up and it turns off.
I can't start it in Safe Mode because of this.
Is there a way to start in Safe Mode using the boatloader?

>on road trip
>current 12 volt laptop charger is going out on me, only connects when I have the cord at a certain angle
>order new one
>new one gets here, plug it in aaaand... nothing
>turns out it tripped the fuse in my RV.
>Original fuse was 7.5
>seemed really low but what do I know, it was working so far
>put in 10 and try again
>immediately burns the fuse
>put in 15
>it works just fine
BUT
>power block says
>input: 11-15V DC 6.8A Max
>output: 19V 3.42A

So if the max it ever draws is 6.8 amps then why the hell did it burn 7.5 and 10 amp fuses? How do I know if this is just at startup of constantly. The laptop is charging fine now with the new charger and a 15 amp fuse in the outlet, but how do I know if my charger is defective or not? Why was it drawing that much?

asking again. is dongle kill? is there any way to test it other than plugging it into multiple computers?

asking again. is dongle kill?

do power line ethernet adapters fuck with internet speed tests somehow? Using the google one gives me 10mbps so I thought I was fucked. Then using the speedtest one gave me around 15-20, and using my ISP's one gave me around 30mbps.

The weird thing is, actually downloading something from steam I get 70mbps or what steam says is 7MB/s. Downloading something from google drive also reports that amount. I don't understand why it would be so different?

Using my wifi the online speedtests report the speed I would get when actually downloading stuff accurately.

I work for a software company as a software developer. I just completed a project where I did something somewhat unorthodox but very useful and interesting. Basically I used two not very well known open source technologies to achieve a particular business purpose that has widespread applications.

Hypothetical example - let's say I used these two technologies to create some sort of dashboard to show network statistics. Also assume that this business case is one of several of my company's software's important features.

I'd like to start a personal professional blog under my real name and have the first blogpost be essentially a tutorial on how to do what I did, a tutorial if you will. I could definitely post about a different example, let's say a dashboard that shows your RAM usage over time or something, while still demonstrating the technologies that make this interesting. However, I'd prefer to use the actual example of what I did as it's the most interesting to me and it's also the easiest to write about as I just did it.

I know this is going to vary from company to company and depending on what you signed, but in general, would either of these be allowed (if there even is a general case here) without getting in trouble with my company if they found it? If not, is there a way I can blog about the interesting technological challenges I face without getting in trouble/revealing too much, or am I doomed to just not talk about it until I have left the company?

sign an NDA?

Your charger is defective.

Outside of professional use, what benefits does a Mac have?

guys help a brainlet out, how the fuck do i do this with emu8086.inc macros??

>Design and implement a program in assembly language that receives a 16-bit number entered by the keyboard with the scan function as a hexadecimal value and is converted to bcd and then printed on the screen as a decimal string using the print function.

The fact that you got a Chinese charger and is actually drawing more than 10A.