Why is congress so fucking stupid?

Why is congress so fucking stupid?

Attached: 1494800916397.jpg (866x960, 111K)

All it takes is the three second exchange "We run a-ads :))" to notice everyone was in on it. Everyone was there for a purpose.

I see DAP there. Holy shit, I might've been part of the botnet decades ago, but holy shit did I enjoy that thing.

>congress thinks everyone thinks of the internet as "the internet"
All of them are like over 50

Because baby boomers destroyed America.

Attached: c83.png (413x451, 128K)

i actually thought that murica is at least something better than my country in this way
funny to see it's not
t. russian girl

>All of them are like over 50

Over 50, not over fucking 100. Over 50 means home computers were all around you when you were over 20, the internet was all around you when you were over 30. Nothing explains why they are so dumb.

They were rich when home computers and internet were all around them. They had kids and secretaries to do that 'computer stuff'.

what's the tl;dr of this facefuck stuff?

Attached: alexis-jones.png (640x640, 600K)

Is this botnet bingo?

Internet was created by people who are over 50.

they are normalfags. normalfags cannot computer.

don't act like you wouldn't piss your pants if you suddenly had to deal with Congress backstabbing, dicksucking and posturing from the inside - everybody is an expert at something

Attached: alexis-jones dark.png (640x640, 309K)

Attached: alexis-jones-demon.png (640x640, 446K)

Attached: alex-jones-gay-frogs.png (720x960, 708K)

>Senate and congress question zucc
>They all ask about their own concerns
>They don't understand anything about fb, the internet or computers
>some are worried about pedos
>some want to use fb to find criminals
>some are worried about social media "addiction"
>Many are concerned about privacy and get lectured by zucc
>a couple senators, notably ted, are concerned about free speech
>zucc deflects like a real politician

"What do I do, Lord?"

My favorite quotes
"e-mailing through WhatsApp about Black Panther"
"How many data categories do you store?"
or
"What's you business model?"

Attached: 1523255597198.jpg (238x255, 18K)

Attached: we run ads.webm (640x720, 2.47M)

Also
>They try to lure him into supporting various bills including UK-style age verification with the age old "think about the children!" strategy

Honestly didn't expect Ted to be one of the people to ask the real questions.

Congress just now figured out that Facetalmud is a data mining tool disguised as a communications application and it's getting their noggin joggin'.

Ted knows his shit. If you ever watched the 'town halls' with him vs Bernie Sanders on various issues, he came up facts and figures while Bernie came off as a raging ball of emotions.

This is all plain wrong and naive. Zuccs performance was abysmal. It really was something you would expect from a student who is making out excuses, not from CEO of a megacorp. There is a reason why Zuccenberg didnt attend London and wont attend Brussels to which he is being summoned.

That reason is that every congressman in that room was bribed. They all took Facebook campaign funds, Facebook itself is sustaining job creation in their states or Facebook is integral platform of their campaigning. They could have had fucking slaughtered Zuccenberg over his poor performance but they didnt, they CHOSE not to.

Worse, they are practically allowing Facebook and its lobbyist to have a say in the future regulation. They are letting Facebook to drive out its smaller competition from the market by crafting a extremely costly requirements akin to those of in financial sectors. Facebook affords to take the hit in short term but it will benefit in long term plus they are the ones who have the say in the matter.

TDLR: Theyre bribed or lobbied like you americans would call it

Every 20 year old normie grown up has never lived without computers or internet. Yet they're all bad with computers.

The only qualification for Congress is a willingness and ability to pander to voters and tell them what they want to hear. This isn't hard, most of those voters aren't exactly smart or thoughtful or inquisitive. As a result we don't really have congressmen, just showmen. A showman falls down pretty badly when you corner him into talking about something where he's completely out of his depth and can't just pass himself off as knowledgeable with superficial handwaving.

You are correct in that everyone in that room was "in on it". You are not correct as to who put them up to it.

It isn't any single entity but the overall marketing lobby that is pulling the strings. I think you underestimate how fucking huge data collection is to marketers, and how big of an industry the simple collection of up-to-date, personal data has become.

It essentially let's marketers bypass the natural defenses we have built to advertisements by allowing them to change the nature of the advertisement before people catch on to it, thus never allowing people to adapt against the ads. This makes the ads more effective at convincing people to buy products.
To every marketer or advertiser, big data collection is the saving grace to a dying industry that has been unable to adapt to the information age. They will spend billions on lobbying to keep it the way it is, because otherwise they wouldn't have those billions.

I'm 33, I had a dos computer when I was a kid and that was unusual. Not many people actually had computers. A lot of people in my class still wrote essays by hand. I still have a callous on my finger from gripping the pencil too tightly writing papers as a kid from pencil.

Lol.

The American government has been entirely co-opted by a corporate oligarchy called The Conservative Movement. One of their core ideals is that government is bad, so they only elect morons to make sure that is everyone else's reality too.

>One of their core ideals is that government is bad
That's entirely correct though, it's just not the whole story. What's bad are organizations that have lots of power over people in general. Government is always one of those, big business isn't always but usually is, depending on the industry they're in. Facebook certainly is. The reason we're so fucked up is that Republicans bash government but go soft on business abuses, and Democrats bash business but go soft on government abuses.

The only thing Zuck would have needed to say to checkmate all these drooling geriatric yes men would be to explain that Facebook is required through constitutionally illegal secret courts to comply with PRISM, meaning that the users data was already available for use by any third party the government deemed fit for access. Does the Cambridge Analytica scandal and resulting privacy meltdown matter at all when an NSA contractor gets access to the data through methods Facebook has no control over?

the description you are looking for is 'centralized authority'. There is no authority that is immune from corruption, and there is nothing to prevent the corruption in a centralized authority structure.

>congress wins
They get more control over everything on the internet
>Facebook wins
Companies continue to abuse its users

We're fucked either way

Because you idiots keep electing bureaucrats like lawyers, accountants and businessmen instead of technologists like engineers, researchers, scientists, academics, physicians, mathematicians and technicians.

T

Politicians as a whole tend to have absolutely no knowledge of technology besides how to turn on a tv.
This is why we need more young people in politics, these old farts are unfit to make decisions on anything internet/social media/privacy related.

There is a heavy implication there that "technologists" can function as representatives more effectively, which is almost certainly not the case.

Ever heard of Singapore? Fuck off, you must be a paid shill.

>implyin the average millenial knows about technology

>found the bitcoiner
your are right tho.

>It isn't any single entity but the overall marketing lobby that is pulling the strings.
You're wrong. It has to be a single entity. How else can we figure out who to blame?

no... they elect whoever ```appears``` as the best candidate NOT who ```is``` the best candidate. this is why democracy can only work if you only let people who have above average intelligence to vote.

Toolbars are the digital equivalent of STDs.

>democracy can only work if you only let people who have above average intelligence to run
FTFY

>It really was something you would expect from a student who is making out excuses, not from CEO of a megacorp
He is kinda in a different world though. He made something as a student, got lucky, and became a billionaire in his his 20s while most CEOs of companies that size are probably 40-50+ with a decade or more of management experience under their belts.
It doesn't excuse all the faults, but it does give some perspective on why he doesn't look CEO material.

>only let people who have above average intelligence to vote
No conservatives will ever get elected then.

This hearing showed me once and for all all that the people who govern us are complete digital illiterates. Even those people they hold themselves as "experts" have to be complete amateurs. It is the same thing, if not even worse, here in Europe.

NAZIS BTFO HOLY SHIT LMAO

Nah, it's worse here. We have Rudy fucking Giuliani as our unironical cybsec adviser.

tell us more about who was elected when only land owning people of means were allowed to vote and also tell us about their political views.

I hope you meant physicists and not physicians.

>nazis
>conservative
I hope you're just pretending to be retarded...

liberals in the 17th century would be considered more far right than Nazis today. Boy that is odd isnt it.

You didn't say "land owning people of means", you said "people who have above average intelligence".

if you are really asking that question how much smarter are you?

>implying they weren't

youre right, obviously the poor people with fewer responsibilities were smarter and more educated.

I'm not talking about what happened or would've happened at some point in the past, I'm talking about what would happen today. If you don't believe me, you go ahead and gather the numbers and work the regression between the economical means and the leaning-vote of the current American population. You will be unpleasantly surprised.

agreed.
while it's not always the case, intelligence and wealth do tend to go hand in hand in a capitalistic society

I wonder how it must feel being one of the programmers who designed one of those monstrosities

>poor people
>fewer responsibilities
wut

>more educated
Granted, but, again, you didn't say that. You said "intelligence". Education and intelligence are two separate things. The former is acquired through schooling, research and studying, and the latter is innate.

>b-but m-muh social darwinism
Nah, our system does not reward excellence. Pic related.

Wrong. See pic.

Attached: 9bd213869d0c3580c3ff9f06e3e4a809.png (420x420, 174K)

oh shit pictures are back

Attached: 1519588243299.jpg (825x1280, 97K)

Tesla dug his own grave by doing work on behalf of lesser men who in turn became rich and gave him nothing.

So being dishonest makes you rich, not being intelligent.

oh wow a zune desktop theme

Under capitalism, yes.

Yes, but being intelligent helps you be dishonest by hiding it better though.

"excellence" is not objective. You and I might think that Tesla was more worthy of reward than Paris Hilton, but what we think doesn't really matter. Things are worth what people will pay for them, and people (different people in different eras mind you) decided that paying money to Paris Hilton was a better use of their money than paying it to someone else. They have every right to do that for whatever reasons they care to, and what you or I think of it is irrelevant.

Tesla's mistake was giving his talent away for pennies, and he was left out when the products based on his research made money.

>Wrong. See pic.
i said...
>while it's not always the case
what about bill gates, jeff bezos, elon musk or the majority of self-made billionaires?

Kek I'll never forget how smug I was when Hillary Clinton lost to Donald trump.

I'm surprised she didn't actually hang herself

>self-made
Harvard, Princeton and UPenn are not cheap schools, user...

>gripping the pencil too tightly
You may have bigger issues than callouses.

Also, there were no printing shops near you? My writing was (and still is) very bad, so I became friends with the son of a printer ship owner so I wrote and printed all my essays out in the shop.

>suddenly Jow Forums is pro-facebook

Where did we go so wrong?

Thanks for telling me that you're a female! Truly adding to the convo

Пoкaжи cиcьки блять

We are not pro-facebook, we are anti-normies.

are toolbars still a thing? i haven't seen one in years

My friend's name was Megatron, and he had THREE QUESTIONS. Three things that he said you should DEMAND to know of any powerful institution.

1. In whose interests do you exercise your power?

2. To whom are you ACCOUNTABLE?

3. HOW CAN WE GET RID OF YOU?

tech literacy != intelligence

you're always welcome my fellow brother

in this day and age, they are the same thing. Politicians making laws and regulations around the technology while being totally tech illiterate is foolish and idiotic. They refuse to understand that current technology has far larger consequences to society than 10-20 years ago

so why did you elect 70 year olds?

>implying I'm an amerimutt

>bill gates
>self-made billionaires
Hahahahahahha

You've been reading his biography and swallowing the corporate propaganda. Microsoft was the product of nepotism by his very rich parents. Bill Gates was born a millionaire and his parents fucked over IBM from the inside and got away with it.

Nothing new. Retards were warned over ten years ago but never listened. The future refused to change.

Attached: dissapointed.png (184x172, 3K)

can you be my gf

Anyone actually watched the whole thing? 10 minutes into it and so far so good. The implication being that "Russian Hackers (propagandists, trolls, Jow Forums, you, etc)" fuel "fake news (real and fake news alike)" in order to challenge the predominant establishment and its mainstream media in order to side with the second most predominant stablishment (in this case the transition from Democratic goverment to Republican goverment, and Trump) - this of course being a non-issue imo, hopefully the talks will move on to real issues of shady terms of service, and intrusive software/hardware.

America needs technocracy.

t. Millennial

Holy fuck this is so well worded this needs to be spread everywhere asap.

He пoкaжeт, этo sfw дocкa. Пoлyчит бaн.

>ctrl + f "tubes"
>no results
Am disappoint.

T. Entitled right wing virgin millennial

they are the worst thing to happen to the US since importing africans

Attached: 1514311091762.jpg (850x687, 113K)

>nation full of young people being ran by a nation full of old people

Why is this allowed?

>Why is this allowed?
because young people are idiots; i used to be one and know many. they're also the minority in every nation except maybe some in africa.