What causes LED bulbs to explode?

What causes LED bulbs to explode?
I hit my led bulb while jumping rope and few minutes later it exploded. Now whenever I place a bulb in that socket the new bulb heats up, components burn and it explodes.
Is it high current or what? It's driving me nuts.

Attached: 822985511773.jpg (900x900, 16K)

Probably cracked or bent the socket so it makes contact on a very small surface area. That means lots of current on little space which makes lots of heat.

call a fucking electrician to look at the fitting, idiot
you're 3 seconds away from literally burning to death

Hey! That actually makes sense. Thanks for the quick response.

Have a good one

You mean it's flashing on and off? You broke a gold bond wire.

When I hit the bulb it flashed once and then went to normal state. 1 or 2 minutes later it exploded. Placed a new bulb there, everything looking normal, no flashing. It explodes in 1 or 2 minutes again.
I probably fucked up the socket.

Use your oscilloscope across a current shunt and a voltage divider to see if you're getting spikes that kill your LEDs. You're sure you've got LEDs rated for your house voltage? Check the inside of the broken ones and see whether they're using a capacitive dropper or a dedicated CC buck converter. The bulb itself exploding (assuming you mean there was some form of eruption within the plastic case) probably won't be from heat down in the socket, more likely an electrical fault of some sort. If you can post images of the internal electronics (just peel the screw open with some pliers) of the bulb I should be able to diagnose what happened.

So there are 2 sockets for the lamp in the room that it happened. Same bulbs, other one is working fine.

Attached: 20180413_100231-1.jpg (2107x2373, 710K)

And on top of that this had happened. That's the first bulb.
The next bulb placed has the same burns, no bends.

Attached: 20180413_100303-1.jpg (1663x1621, 340K)

The vacuum inside of it
Same thing happens when you smash a tube television

who cares

led doesn't have a vaccum wtf
it's usually free flowing air

Your dick doesn't have a vacuum either, but it still explodes when someone touches it

yep, so why do vacuums matter

That's pretty nasty looking. Can you get to the other side of the board? From here it looks like you've blown a trace, which would be a result of too much current in the PCB itself, not something that high resistance would cause. Were you powering it through a dimmer, or does the socket actually have 240V across it? The only socket-based issue I can think of is the geometry changing such that screwing in the bulb pushes on a component and shorts something, but if the second one doesn't have this problem then that can't be the issue. Cleaning that black shmoo off the board would also help.

It's a shitpost.

So it's two sockets coming straight from 230V, no dimmer. Both were working fine until I hit one. The one that's peeled off is VR. I'll see what happens if I put an incandescent bulb there. If I die, I died doing what I loved. Might post a pic of the socket on the ceiling if that's needed.

Attached: 20180413_130844-1.jpg (2111x2368, 708K)

>What causes LED bulbs to explode?
Capacitors.
>I hit my led bulb while jumping rope and few minutes later it exploded.
I lost.
>Now whenever I place a bulb in that socket the new bulb heats up, components burn and it explodes.
Congratulation, you've fucked up your light socket. Buy a new one, they are cheap, 3$ or so.
>Is it high current or what?
It is unstable current and voltage, that causes capacitor to work beyond its limit, it heats up and fills your room with nice smell.

>whenever I place a bulb in that socket the new bulb heats up
you've damaged the socket itself, it's shorting out

why were you jumping rope inside?

Alcohol is bad.
I'll change the socket tonight.

make sure you switch off the circuit to your lights first before you touch it

Yeah, will do. I still value my life.
Thank you guys for wanting to help a pleb out.

>I still value my life.
wrong

>I still value my life
That's great, because no one else does.

>What causes LED bulbs to explode?
almost always the poor dc converter circuit which dies way before the average lifespan of the led itself
almost always, as you've proven otherwise

>What causes your damaged socket to make anything placed into it explode?
poor contact as explained by fp

just because he doesnt want people to do it for him doesnt mean he doesn't value life desu. I bet you're an obese cunt too lazy to do anything for yourself

Bro turn off the breaker and call an electrician, I would not risk it mate.