Checking out various non-Windows laptop options

>Checking out various non-Windows laptop options
>MacBook Air $999
>Seems okay
>Look at comparable System76 13" laptop
>Similar specs at similar price, but can be upgraded a lot more

Is there any reason why I'd want a MacBook Air over the System76 13" model when it's similar, or better if you choose the higher spec options?

Attached: 1513698278354.gif (500x281, 1.95M)

>two eye color mutant abominations
Instant turnoff.

Also
>macs
God fucking no. Get a real laptop and install Gentoo.

Apple stuff is for dumb rich people. Don't be a penny-pincher who wastes a bunch of time researching the "best" computer, just buy the most expensive Apple laptop every two years and live life in blissful ignorance that there could be anything better.

the screen and OS is about it

Have you looked at the librem laptops?

>Rich
More like, literally anyone, especially dumb ones

System76 is literally just rebranded ChinkShit, I was disappointed when I found out.

I will look at that. I will say that System76 is appealing since in theory I can just plop KDE Neon and it'll just work. 32GB makes it appealing for VMs on the go.

Apple things are horrible for poor people. You'll own anything Apple for a few years and then like clockwork it'll end up breaking with no way to self-service it.

Thanks for turning me onto system76. I need a new laptop. Is there any serious disadvantage to their systems/pre-loaded OS? They seem like fair deals to me. I might even take a payment plan to upgrade sooner.

I'm not a tech person but I'm not an idiot; any input?

This is exactly the Apple's goal. Don't think, just buy this expensive one so you can use the price tag as a fallback argument if someone complains about the lack of features. They are just envious because they didn't have the money for this. Doesn't matter if that alternative costs the same, they bought it because they were too poor for Apple. Use your Burger King paycheck fully to be one of the rich and successful with Macs. You can be smiling today with Apple.

I think the "Think differently" slogan was just another way to say "alternative facts".

OP here, I've never owned one of the System76 computers, but I have owned hardware where getting the hardware configuration just right on anything but particular distro is a huge pain. Try using an Orange Pi Zero on something other than Armbian and you're in for pain.

dumb poorfags

That's the point

>being this stupid.

>tfw stupid

Attached: 1522584808734.png (472x357, 214K)

screen and build quality. There are no comparable windows laptops that are match apple qc and general build, except for maybe the X1 carbon.

> screen
> Air

oh silly me, I retract my comment

>Apple
>quality control

> comparing orange pi zero to a laptop

Attached: finally_smart.png (932x944, 241K)

>buy appleshit for $1000
>sell it for $800 after 2 years

vs

>buy chinkshit for $600
>spend $400 to 'upgrade' it
>sell it for $150 to fa/g/got after 2 years

this is correct but I hope you realise its the result of apple addicted retards and not a sign of quality

literally only angry poorfags say this. No one who's ever owned a mac ever had this much ire towards it. You retards are fucking OBSESSED with a brand that you're not going to buy. It's hilarious

weeb

>65527995
>Being this mad

>65528033
Weebs are literally cancer of society. Prove me wrong.

What the fuck are you talking about?