It's nice to find out wanting privacy is not a hipster thing anymore

It's nice to find out wanting privacy is not a hipster thing anymore.

Attached: robot.gif (640x352, 3.75M)

I love flavor of the month drama

People only care about privacy because it is the outrage of the day. People have been pointing out these privacy issues since the inception of facebook and basically everyone already knows these issues exist. But people only now give a fuck because there is a media stink going on. In a few months all of this will be forgotten and the sheep will go back to eating the grass. If not to facebook, then to some equivalent.

weeks*

in a few weeks people won't care anymore.

these but unironically

Does anyone have the Zucc/Musk fake Facebook post about a party where Zucc pays off some guy's student loans in order to beat him up?

test

He's talking to the US government, which does far worse.

Why being so butthurt though?
More talking about privacy is good
Also fb needs to die, no matter how

"Facepoop is stealing my data, I'll move to Instagram."

This is what's gonna happen. Normies are dumb as fuck

test

you are not banned, congrats.

site's still broken as fuck. can't upload images and half of the images aren't even loading.

At least in burgerland, so far?

In other places, governments actually regulated this and that related to privacy.

While people are pretty careless with their privacy, mass surveillance is becoming so cheap and easy that we essentially NEED our governments to protect us anyhow.

Attached: 511EC0ED-7392-407E-A07E-2CA4E17BCA6E.png (490x566, 152K)

>People have been pointing out these privacy issues since the inception of facebook and basically everyone already knows these issues exist.
i don't agree, it took "THE NEWS" to retard it down for the masses, show them some scary things, which "TECHNICALLY SAVVY PEOPLE" have been too spergy to break down to normies

the sperg said "facebook's sells your data in order to target ads and run their business"
the news said "HOLY SHIT DUDE I DOWNLOADED ALL THE DATA FACEBOOK GATHERED TO ME AND PRINTED IT OUT AT HOME AND RAN OUT OF PRINTER PAPER, LOOK AT THIS STACK OF 300 SHEETS OF PAPER"

the sperg didn't inspire fear, it explained things but it didn't show things
the stack did inspire fear, it didn't bother explaining things and went right to showing things

Attached: A4851B64-F0CB-459D-8D20-A97C8D95D66C.jpg (502x1024, 159K)

Ask a random regular user if they value their privacy, get a response how they really do and then watch how they install a flashlight app that uses GPS, microphone, bluetooth, wifi, device id and so on.
They just don't get it.

I'm not that tech savvy, but you know when you load a page and the html does the handshake thing, unigen.ad bullshit on the bottom left side of firefox? Pretty sure I saw facebook for a few seconds when the site was down. Which is fucking weird because I don't even have an account.

I'm not that tech savvy, but you know when you load a page and the html does the handshake thing, unigen.ad bullshit on the bottom left side of firefox? Pretty sure I saw facebook for a few seconds when the site was down. Which is fucking weird because I don't even have an account. Anyone else seen that, or am I high?

Yea. But on the other hand, you basically *can't* really get it. It's exceedingly hard to really figure out how all your devices might be tracking you and pick choices that can/will not.

GPS doesn't necessarily call back, but will your GPS app or car GPS never do it? Who the fuck knows. And is that camera drone and its connected processing power tracking the whole city and generating profiles who everyone was and what everyone was likely doing? Possibly. It certainly happens on the internet.

We need our governments to step in and regulate the shit out of recording devices and ALSO now the computation analysis and data hoarding and transfers between companies and so on. Minimum standard: Google tier privacy as laws, preferably better.
Individually, there is no good way to win this fight.

When you load a page the HTML contains elements from various domains, like for example images from a cloud services or a video from YouTube.
What you are seeing is tracking JavaScript from Facebook being downloaded and executed
Code artisans add these scripts to show fancy like buttons and other social gimmicks
To stop this use Firefox with noscript or ublock hard mode or umatrix

Wasn't that one, it was from Musk's perspective posting about a party.

Yea, I remember with the whole Wikileaks shit people were outraged at the government spying on your data and the right to privacy for about a month and then it all went quiet. It will end up with the same kind of flow again were people will find something else to be outraged at while forgetting about the last thing and then loop back around to privacy again when the next scandal happens.

>He wants the same gov'ts that conduct mass surveillance on their entire populace to protect them from mass surveillance
Let me guess. Mass surveillance is only bad when private corporations do it, not also when the gov't does it?

Attached: Chrysippus.jpg (229x343, 35K)

Better late than never. I know people wouldn't care unless it directly affects them. Besides, I don't like seeing companies getting away without any repercussion.

>Equifax happens
No one cares
>Cambridge Analytica happens and is related to Trump
>muh information

>hey-hey mark
>hello senator
>c-can i tell you my son really likes instagram? so there's that
>oh that's ... good.
>can you bring high speed internet to my constituents?
>we're working on it
>okay. thanks

good job senators. fucking retarded faggots.

this one?

Attached: 1518392973292.png (507x2431, 710K)

6 hours late

Attached: eatass.png (500x684, 170K)

can you imagine being so bored and having so little else going on in your life that you'd write up that whole goddamn thing?

sadly yes.

Senator, we run ads

Attached: zucc.png (710x473, 351K)

That's been the case for some time. My 60+ year old father was buying a laptop a year or two ago and didn't want Windows 10 because he heard it would spy on him.
If it's at the point where my tech illiterate dad has concerns about telemetry, then we're way past the point where it's a niche issue.

Zucc sounds like an anime girl fidgeting that much