Google v Apple

>Currently Have Pixel 1
>Battery sucks ass
>Pixel 2 was ass

If Google don't get shit together for Pixel 3 I'm switching over to Apple.

Is there any rumors of the specs of the Pixel 3?

Attached: 104201774316PM_635_google_pixel_2.jpg (635x476, 23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wwijjQ8xuuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IbSjUq_kvSM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

The battery for iphones suck too. You are doomed to suffer with shitty battery life no matter which you choose.

>Is there any rumors of the specs of the Pixel 3?
it will have a camera with more megapixels
it will have a screen that is brighter
it will have a stronger processor
it will have a different battery

would you honestly understand the specs if you were told them?

The iPhone 5 I have laying around my house lasts longer than my phone...

What kind of fucking retard actually buys a pixel when it's one of the most overpriced fucking retarded phones, looks to buy a second one, then looks to buy an iPhone?

What are your criteria for a purchase? Words? Did you fucking look at them before you bought them?

I care is the battery. It does so fucking quick. I don't play games on my phone and I always clear all apps. What are spec for battery?

I had nexus 5..then Pixel..skipped Pixel 2 cause I knew it was shit...if pixel 3 is a flop I'm going to Apple. Idk what to get at this point.

>If Google don't get shit together for Pixel 3 I'm switching over to Apple.
oh no how will they ever manage without you??

Xiaomi Redmi 4X
>cheap as fuck
>4100mAh battery

>the phone that isn't actually doing anything lasts longer than the phone I'm actively using

>tfw wanted great battery life so i got the op5t
>the camera is dogshit tho

can't win 'em all i guess

Attached: 1496579865250.jpg (716x768, 120K)

I'm thinking of getting an iPhone 7 now or an 8 after 6 months as well. There is a rumor of a mid range pixel 3
Honestly, I'm tired of Google becoming SJW central, and no, I don't want to run a custom ROM anymore, already on a Note 3 running CM 12.1

>The battery for iphones suck too.
Yeah...no. Battery life and iMessage are pretty much the only thing keeping iPhone afloat nowadays.
Android has a LOT of work to do in terms of standby optimization. It's impossible to kill any of the Plus models of the iPhones from full to dead within 24 hours.

t. european who only buys $30 cheaphones

This desu.
There are plenty of Android alternatives and nowadays even software support is becoming good. Look at Nokia/hmd phones, for example.

>Look at Nokia/hmd phones, for example
They are over priced af. Better to stick to pixel/iPhone at that point

>>Currently Have Pixel 1
why brainlets get non-waterproof phone i will never understand

There are better Android phones around other than the Pixels, user.

For the price, iPhones have the smallest batteries on the market by a sizeable margin.

Get something other than a pixel or iphone?
Why do you sound like there is only those two options?

Yes, but it's not about sheer specs. It's about how the software handles the hardware it has to work on.
Would you rather have a 30,000 mAh battery that lasts 5 minutes or a 3,000 mAh battery that lasts 48 hours?

No, there aren't.

>hey Jow Forums i'm threatening to move from a unlocked bootloader with foss u-boot to a locked bootloader with private source code

No one can save you from yourself dumbfuck

Toddlers who drop their phones in the sink all the time shouldn't be legally allowed to own smartphones anyway.
If you're retarded enough to submerge your phone in water (which you shouldn't do even if it is waterproof because cameras really don't like moisture), you're retarded enough to drop the phone on concrete and break the waterproof seal anyway.

Besides, the original Pixel hasn't been legally labelled waterproof but is actually quite water resistant anyway by most tests.

Who cares about standby when the tiny battery in the iPhone only gets you like 1-2 hours of screen on time. you have to spend more and get the plus if you want to get through the day. I've never met one person who doesn't think the smaller iPhone has garbage battery

I have a strong feeling the pixel 3 will be a notch meme phone since everyone but Samsung seems to be on that bandwagon.

But pixel will most likely continue to be very unimpressive hardware but good software with consistent updates.

Waterproofing is a meme. It's why repair costs have skyrocketed.

I had a smaller iPhone 7 and before that a Galaxy Note 3 and didn't notice much of a change in screen on-time at all. The only difference I did notice was that I could leave the iPhone sitting on a table for about 8 or 9 hours and the battery indicator would only lose about 2 or 3%, meanwhile the Note would drain like hell.

whoops, that was for

>what is rain
>what are sweaty pockets
i know, i know, you never leave your house, you stupid moron

>hurr i keep my iphone in airplane mode and the battery doesn't drop

>what is rain
something insignificant that doesn't affect pretty much any phone (waterproof or not) unless the screen is totalled.
>what are sweaty pockets
something even LESS dangerous to a phone.

saying you need waterproofing for rain and sweat and like saying you need bulletproof glass for minor bumps.

I never said I kept it in airplane mode.
I could literally just leave it there overnight without fucking around with the settings and toggles and that's pretty much how much energy it would lose at a standard rate. The Note would lose about 15% or more but the iPhone only lost about 3%, 5% at max.

If you only you had a computer or something so you didn't have to live out of your phone

>something insignificant that doesn't affect pretty much any phone (waterproof or not) unless the screen is totalled.
kill yourself

>something even LESS dangerous to a phone.
kill yourself

also, kill yourself
no joke

samsung is fucking shit
what else is new?
don't be a brainlet and get a sony
my xz premium shits all over a coworker's s9

>waiting for a bus
>want to listen to music
>"lemme jus whip out my thinkpad right quick"

>want to take a picture of something
>"lemme jus whip out my thinkpad right quick"
>*frantically peels the sticker off the webcam*

>someone wants to text you
>you don't have a phone
>"you can just email me"

>want to call someone
>have to use Skype and basically just scream directly into your laptop
>progress TM
yeah, good advice, just ditch phones altogether.

Attached: retard alert.gif (493x342, 480K)

good job refuting that central point.

The problem with Android phones is Android.
Also, Sony sucks.

Why upgrade? The Pixel is perfectly capable, so just get a new battery installed.

You're trying way too hard with this b8, user.

Attached: 1506387943344.jpg (372x407, 31K)

most of these things can be done with a dumbphone, and if you need to do those that can't you don't belong here
smartphones are toys, stupid toys that record everything you say and do to send it directly to the cia niggers for a live feed of your pathetic existence

Attached: index.jpg (300x168, 9K)

Get an S10 when it comes out

>I'm switching over to Apple.
That's retarded.
Wait for something freedom oriented.

Attached: 2018-04-14-17:14:21-screenshot.png (1254x1406, 168K)

>Hates the Pixel 1
>Hates the Pixel 2
>Anticipating the Pixel 3

Attached: CM-Punk-Laughing-to-Himself.gif?ssl=1.gif (193x172, 835K)

>implying it won't be called the SX

redmi note 4x user here. i disagree.

appl e stuff has crazy good battery life and has for a while, i had ipad 2's at work to do inventory via windows software via logmein remote desktop over 3g to my office computer for full 8-10 hour days at a new warehouse with no internet and power turned off while equipment being installed without having it die during the workday a single time. i love my surface but it can't do that

>Apple
>Good battery
Are you serious? My girlfriend has iPhone 6S that can turn off at 30% if it's lower than 5° Celsius. She has to charge it twice a day and doesn't update apps, because it can easily eat half the battery in the process.

And that's been almost since the moment so bought it.

If you dont have manlet hands get the 2 XL. I get around 7 hrs of screen usage with around 20-25% still left. Overall I get around 9 hrs of screen usage. Should be plenty for anyone.

Attached: Screenshot_20180407-130129.png (1440x2880, 176K)

>And that's been almost since the moment so bought it.
It's defective. Take it to an Apple store and get it fixed or exchanged.

How much screen on time is that?

Could be about 3 or 4 hours or so

>expecting good camera quality from a smartphone

Get a blackberry key one, you are already on g/ no woman will want you experience comfy shit posting and battery that lasts two days

WHAT PHONE DO YOU HAVE AND WHY

Hate to burst your bubble
>S8+ ftw

Attached: Screenshot_20180414-203659_Settings.jpg (1080x2220, 712K)

>battery usage
>
>screen
>android OS
>Facebook messenger (used for 18 minutes)
>device idle

>
>Hate to burst your bubble
>>S8+ ftw
If your screen isn't on for like 7+ hrs a day it doesn't count

>Also, Sony sucks.
nope

>buy a pixel 2 because I was sick of the iphone and apple's shitty software
>pixel turned out to be way worse

Attached: 1484029544251.png (750x750, 387K)

Yep.
Tacky designs, surprisingly shit cameras (considering the fact that they make award-winning cameras for other companies), mediocre at best battery life, terrible update maintenance (inb4 dude just root ur phone lmao) and literally non-existent help services.

In what ways was it worse?

maybe if you were less fat you wouldn't be able to kill a phone by sweating

Pixel 2 owner as well, the small one. I personally haven't experienced bugs like the bunch of bullshit other users experienced like discoloration or headphone mic cable noise etc but some of their patches, especially March's, were arbitrarily bad for battery life and ran the phone hot. It's kind of annoying but then iPhone has the same shit so there's nowhere left to go for a premium phone experience that has simple software.

Apple always dies first in torture tests. Who gives a shit about standby time.

I recently switched from my iPhone X to a Pixel 2 XL and love it. Sure the screen isn't as good but overall the Pixel 2 XL is a nicer phone to use. iOS these days feels more like a feature phone OS than a smart phone OS.

Got OP5. I cannot discharge it in under a day. I just can't. Pic related is abnormally high usage for me, yet it still has plenty of juice - the phone was unplugged at 6:00. And it isn't even at low brightness.

Attached: Screenshot_20180414-215730.png (1080x1920, 78K)

I have the pixel XL 2 as well. What do you get for on screen time?

usually around 5h. I don't use adaptive brightness though. I like to keep the screen around 40% which is usually perfect for me except when it is sunny outside I will bump it up to 90-100%.

the sony phones from last year were among the first if not actually first to get oreo, my sleepy nigger

the cameras are good enough, and guess who copied last year's 960fps camera?

and guess who has the superior 1080p 960fps camera this year?

who has the only phones with 4k screens?

again, my xz premium shits all over the s9
the s9 wifi is particularly garbage, and because of all the shitty samsung shitware, web browsing is slower

I find it hilarious when people say they get like 3~5 hours SOT and think that is a good battery life. Meanwhile I get 11~12 on my redmi 4 pro.

Nice "top tier" devices you've got there.

i ride my bike for hours and i get sweaty. get rekt, weakling

>who has the only phones with 4k screens?
on a phone? that might actually be the most pointless thing I've ever heard of.
saying you can see a difference between 4K and 1080p on a smartphone is like saying you can hear a difference between flac and 320 kbps mp3

Attached: unimpressed frog man transparent.png (904x864, 119K)

>4k displays on phones
>this is the height of innovation now

>i am switching to Apple
Is that supposed to be a threat? You will be back, crawling in your knees to suck the Goolag dong once again when you realize how worse Aplel is.

>You will be back, crawling in your knees
you seem to be implying that being a part of the Apple ecosystem is bad...at all. which isn't true.
it's actually pretty great once you start ignoring Jow Forums memes.

>If Google don't get shit together for Pixel 3 I'm switching over to Apple.
This is the same thing as saying:
>If my next girlfriend don't get her shit together, I'm gonna turn gay

Attached: 1523062905865.jpg (416x425, 28K)

youtube.com/watch?v=wwijjQ8xuuQ
youtube.com/watch?v=IbSjUq_kvSM

Attached: 1396653980284.png (414x225, 128K)

Try updating your phone. There's a new april update that drastically enhances battery life. I get up to 9 hrs on a full charge. Have you tried tweaking some of the default settings also? Like background activity, data ect. Protip: use dark themes on all your aps and have a dark wallpaper.

What is current GOAT phone? Currently have an ailing HTC One M8 which has served me well for nearly 4 years.

get a life

Attached: 1503263467331.gif (200x200, 948K)

Yeah I am on the latest software, April 2018. Not bothered tweaking the battery settings. Not a big fan of dark themes desu. Might have a look at tweaking it a bit but not too fussed about it.

>YouTube "tests"
didn't even click

no one cares

>turn down a massive day-to-day convenience just because muh NSA is after my groupons
it takes a real inflated self-esteem to think you're the most important person to the government right now.
either that or you're hoarding data you shouldn't be hoardin.

good goy

i just bought a battery for my note 4

just like brand new

will probably enver buy a phone that i can't replace the battery with now becasue of this experience.

it's been 4 yeaers and I'll probably squeeze another 2-4 out of it now.

>Jow Forums - "don't use smartphones or any computer that isn't a thinkpad running arch"
>
>/mu/ - "don't listen to music or play any instruments other than a 9-string bass guitar"
>/lit/ - "don't read any books or write anything that isn't Jow Forums posts"
>/tv/ - "don't watch television broadcasts or movies and don't film anything that isn't an experimental dogma edgelord manifesto"
and so on

had it for 3 weeks but wanted my mum to have it
just fuck me, I could easily get 8 hours sot of switching apps constantly LTE, Spotify, messenger, browser, some gaming, meme apps
currently not happy with nexus 5x while waiting for mi mix 2 to arrive

>Not too fussed
>4 hrs of extra battery life with simple settings adjustments

There's some shit that I will never understand

so what are the settings i should change?

There's always OnePlus and Xiaomi.