IT Jobs

Hi Jow Forums

Can we talk about red flags in job ads?
I'm job searching atm and shit, some of the ads I see just make me want to run for for mum's basement and she's been dead for a decade.

I'll start...

Attached: images.jpg (203x248, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

indeed.hk/cmp/Goxip/jobs/Fullstack-e186d3df620aced2?vjs=3
goxip.com/jobs/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

This is from a job that I would want if it weren't for the 'perks' and 'culture'. These sound like people I couldn't stand to be around outside of work and could barely tolerate at work. "No office politics" sounds like "I hate drama", something that's said by people who want to be able to say whatever they like without being called on their bullshit.

> Personality requirements
>
> You have to love the company like you love your girlfriend/boyfriend.
> You used to being in a fast paced, horizontal organised structure in order to get things done quick.
> You Work hard, play harder! Fun to be with and always up for a laugh.
> You are detail minded, dedicated and determined to work around obstacles to get things done.
> You gel well with the team to create our own Goxip culture.
> You always go straight to the point and has ZERO interest of playing office politics.
> You are ready to get your hands dirty!

> Perks of Goxip
>
> Snacks, drinks and booze for free! All you can eat and drink.
> Team nights out to wash the stress out of your system with beer
> Once a month must attend randomly picked team activity (Never know what’s coming your way)
> You have the honor to be around with the nicest and coolest people on earth
> No more suit and tie my friend. You work at a startup now
> Amazing view of Victoria Harbour from 27th floor in CWB
> A baby B-ball hoop inside office for internal dunk contest

entry level positions that post experience as a requirement rather than a preference
any position you did not network your way into rather than apply for

so many red flags it looks like a communist revolution

Jesus how horrifying

you wrote that
there is no way that something so shitty exist

>you wrote that
>there is no way that something so shitty exist
Oh user, you sweet summer child.
I don't think less of you for thinking this, I just wish I could recapture that kind of innocence, that belief in a rational, caring world. But it's gone forever.

indeed.hk/cmp/Goxip/jobs/Fullstack-e186d3df620aced2?vjs=3

how to network if i have autism

>entry level positions that post experience as a requirement rather than a preference
Just read their requirement as a preference. I don't really know why they do it but usually about 70% of requirements are just wishful thinking. Maybe it's so that candidates will highlight what they have in that list so that you can grade them more easily.

you don't have autism, you're just a prima-donna

>how to network if i have autism
networking is only for quite generic jobs, where there is so much competition in the market that everybody knows people who work for other companies doing the same thing. If you're doing something interesting, there's not usually enough other companies doing it to really know them all.

>any position you did not network your way into rather than apply for
I've never networked into a job in my life, it's not that I don't know people but if I moved on for a company, it's for a reason and I don't want to go back and nobody at that company knows people doing that job outside that company.

If you're a generic sysadmin or random java developer then it might be a bit different.

Wow Jesus fucking Christ you know damn well they'll be bankrupt in a fucking year or less. It looks like one of those garbage"work 60 hours a week buy get paid for 40 hours because we have booze! Did you hear that? WE HAVE BOOZE HAHA WERE SO WACKY SO WORKING 60 HOURS A WEEK WITH NO EXTRA COMPENSATION IS OKAY BECAUSE WE'RE ZANY AND HAVE BOOZE!!!!"

i really do got diagnosed when i was 7

unironically irc

No one on Jow Forums has a job.

>diag(((nosed)))

Good goy, take that medication to dull your superior focus.

>you know damn well they'll be bankrupt in a fucking year or less
It read to me like somewhere that's should end up with sexual harassment suits but won't because there are no women hired on the team, ever.

It's an HR nightmare waiting to happen, like the boss hires a stripper for the UX designer's birthday but that's when they work out that they guy is gay and from then on, they're giving him shit "Just Kidding (tm)" every day until he quits and sues and then they complain about how gay guys are such trouble-makers and drama-queens

Salary stated as anything but hourly. You will be asked for unpaid overtime.

It had such arsehole vibes that I think I'd have real trouble getting paid for the last month when I quit

>implying
they didn't give me meds for autism, they did for the chronic depression which I don't take, largely to the fact it's a pain to go to the pharamcy

Casual on-call with no minimum hours.
Internship without pay.

>Casual on-call with no minimum hours.
I got a tech support job like that when I was in uni, it was just being transferred expensive charge-by-the-minute calls. I made like $10 in two months of being logged into their system, the customers probably paid about $100 for advice on how to get their printer to work.

>work hourly
>overtime is unlimited during projects
>mileage compensation is the government rate.
>leave early on friday and boss inputs our time for us
some jobs you have no clue the culture until you start working there.

Those anti-depressants are worth the trip, trust me.

>always up for a laugh
Stopped reading right there

goxip.com/jobs/

>GENIUS
phone number has to many digits

>Goxip
>goxip.com/jobs/
>mfw it could be true

Attached: 1485516726822.jpg (600x701, 49K)

>phone number has to many digits
>too
ftfy

Truly though, wrong phone numbers for job advertisements are a sign that it's really an evil overlord.
I'm trying to apply for a job atm and the email is for a domain that doesn't exist. I can't decide whether it's bad cut&paste, an idiot hr rep writing it, or something weirder.

for jobs though? are you thikning of freenode projects or something?

Anti depressants are a method of killing the brain with apathy. They drain the soul and replace it with something else; happy to work but with nothing to work for... the feeling that death would be preferable to this lack of anything real comes to mind... yeah, fuck antidepressants. Oh, and SSRIs cause infertility.
>til:dr Fix your diet, learn to cook, exercise.

A good doctor prescribes them temporarily. They're not meant for long-term treatment.

> Once a month must attend randomly picked team activity (Never know what’s coming your way)

Fuck that. If the team activity involves some stupid relationship building exercises like a rock climbing course or tough mudder, and it happens unannounced and employees cannot opt out of it, whoever is involved with management in that company should have all of their credentials immediately revoked.

A job that literally says “we reseve the right to invoke your vertigo” or “we can force you into an asthma induced coma” is a god damn health hazard and a crime.

>> You have to love the company like you love your girlfriend/boyfriend.
That will never ever happen in an IT company ever again. People do sometimes like their work places, but it's not a love kind of feeling. Most IT companies are shit and unorganized garbage, lead by jew minded people that only think about "exponential growth" and not having a clue how to deal with their own IT. I mean look at IBM.

And this is fucking China. Sure it's HongKong but they are still a bit different in culture. Work hard play harder is by far more than you can even remotely imagine. Those people work insanely long hours. Sure they get whatever they want for free, but they basically live inside the company. It's a very modern type of slavery. Google and Amazon have shaped it a lot and now everyone wants to do the same. Provide some sort of worklife balance while still being at work.

Not everything is gold that shines

>ads

If it's an hr posted ad it's screened by thirteen levels of stupid and you'll never break it. You gotta find a hiring manager that actually knows a non-retard when he sees one.

I actually work in a company somewhat like that. It's really pretty nice, however, there are a couple of important differences:

> You have to love the company like you love your girlfriend/boyfriend.
Yeah no
These exist but they're nowhere near mandatory and usually like 5-10 people will show up (from a dev team of about 25). Sometimes they can be fun, other times I just head home.

Also, we work sane days, and nobody is ever expected to do overtime (except the senior devs/head of development who sometimes put in longer days if a release gets fucked up and they need to fix it).

upper management gets salary
drones get wages

Avoid anywhere that talks more about the culture and benefits than it does the actual job.

I had an interview the other day where it sounded more like they were trying to sell me on their culture, rather than ask me about my qualifications and experience. Immediate red flag.

"Oh we have so many young people working here, you'll fit right in" = shit conditions and/or high turnover.

>SSRIs cause infertility

[citation needed]

>must attend

Must get paid.

Otherwise, go fuck yourself and your "team movie night" (ie watching disney movies in the conference room) can get fucked, Janine.