Programing begginer

I started getting into programing languages and i read a book "learn python the hard way". The python is version 2. I know there is version 3 as well. My question is will it be hard switching from 2 to 3? Which one is better,
same question goes to C and C++. which one i should learn?

Attached: python-7be70baaac.png (512x512, 8K)

Ruby
C

Not python, is shit.

how its shit. its the top rated language and comes top in votes each year

Good luck finding a job when the bubble blows with that pseudo skill full of programming bad habits.

i dont need a job i already have one. im just doing self learning maybe develop an app or something thats it.

Don't learn languages just to learn them. What do you want to do? Embedded systems? Web development? Data Science? Machine Learning?

C is the best olption because you can quickly pick up C++ after that.
After learning the syntax behind C you can learn pretty much anything from Java to Javascript. Granted, is hard to make something complex like a GUI, you first have to know a library, but ncurses is perfect for that. Maybe even make an app in Java, is easy too.

But whatever you do stay away from Python. Good luck user.

python2 is bleeding in popularity. just learn python3 if you're starting out, you can easily adapt back to python2 if you have to

>My question is will it be hard switching from 2 to 3
No. But you should still find a book that teaches 3.

>Which one is better

>same question goes to C and C++
C++ has at least 10 times more shit that you need to learn on top of C, many times that if you include the standard library.
A good understanding of C will help you understand why C++ is the way it is.
A good understanding of C will make you appreciate languages that are not C. Especially those that are also not C++. Even those that I call bad later in this post.
If you are going to learn C++ make sure that you're not learning a version before C++11. That's where things changed significantly. Changes in C++14 and C++17 are not as hard to catch up on later.

>maybe develop an app or something

For Android? Learn Java.
After you figure out how shit and retarded Java is you can switch to Kotlin which is compatible with Java but not retarded.

Desktop applications on Windows? C#. It's basically Java but much better because it was made 5 years after Java and learned from Java's mistakes.

Cross-platform desktop applications? Maybe Java. I don't do those so I'm not qualified to recommend anything.

"I just want to work with stuff that's fun and visual because I'm not a turbo autist and would lose all interest otherwise". Unironically JavaScript in the browser. Keep in mind that JavaScript is completely unrelated to Java.
It's also a horrible language that recently received some major improvements. Those are usually referred to as ECMAScript 6 or ECMAScript 2015 so you should probably find something that teaches you that version.

Python is very rarely used for user-facing applications that are not command line.

>ncurses is perfect for that
This is where I realized that this is a troll post.

OP every single thing this guy said is good advice.

this wasnt a troll post, op here. appreciate you took the time to write all these

And shitty politicians get elected everywhere.
>how is it shit
Significant whitespace, just to name one reason. Then the fact that's slow as shit, well, at least not Ruby slow, but still. The 2.x-3.x shitshow. Then it shares the same problems other languages with a userbase that doesn't come from development (think R, or JS) have with the jungle of shitty libraries. And significant whitespace (yes, I really hate it).

>this wasnt a troll post
Not your post. The guy who recommended ncurses.

>meme language wins meme polls
if you can't swap between assembly languages and C++ you're not a programmer

>Significant whitespace
This is how you make your opinion irrelevant.
If significant whitespace is the first "problem" that comes to your mind when someone mentions Python then you obviously haven't used the language enough.
The process of submitting a package to PyPI is much harder compared to npm. Most of the major Python libraries are very good and none of them depend on leftpad or a similar equivalent.

>This is how you make your opinion irrelevant.
Not that it was ever relevant, like any other opinion. They're opinions.
Sorry if I have insulted your favourite language, but, even if it might be irrational, I really realky dislike it. And I have to work with it daily, which doesn't make me less passionate about stuff that I hate about it.

Ncurses is perfect for learning, name one library that is as simple for beginners.

If you want to learn a new language, better to think about your application first.
Functional app, measuring Instrument app, drivers, etc?
Languages are just tool.

You're just a tool.

You're retarded. People shitting on python don't actually work in the industry. Python is an incredibly useful language. For smallish programs where performance doesn't really matter too much python is the best language to use.