Guys, I messed up

Guys, I messed up
I set my resolution to 400×300 just to see what happens and now I cannot reach the button to change the settings to normal. I came set the resolution back to a higher one, but the ‘apply’ and ‘save’ buttons are below the edge of the screen. What do I do?

Attached: IMG_20180414_151927066_HDR.jpg (4160x3120, 3.55M)

>Guys, I messed up
>I set my resolution to 400×300 just to see what happens and now I cannot reach the button to change the settings to normal. I came set the resolution back to a higher one, but the ‘apply’ and ‘save’ buttons are below the edge of the screen. What do I do?
try hitting tab to select those buttons and enter key to press them.

install gentoo

Try to use tab to get to them

>I set my resolution to 400×300 just to see what happens
the state of Jow Forums

There's literally nothing you can do. Linux is literally dogshit and there's a huge reason why 0.00001% of users actually have it (ie computer scientists).

This reminds me of the glory days. Have you tried RM -rf *?

kill x or use xrandr

Serious question: what did you think was gonna happen?

You can hold alt and drag the window on most WMs.

I thought the system was going to run on a 400×300 area in my display. I thougt the maybe this way I'll have enough space on screen to run more OSs at the same time (because I have Windows in dual boot and also Ubuntu in a virtual machine)

Wow it worked! Thanks man, you saved me.

nice nintendo ds bait you faggot

>120,6 Hz

Attached: 1523127948406.gif (613x1569, 471K)

the absolute state of linux

Attached: Girls.png (449x401, 490K)

install gentoo

Tab + enter

mai facut sa rad cu lacrimi daten plm de nebun

I see nothing wrong here

anyway you can hit Alt-A for apply

Linux will never be able catch the market if it still not retard proof like windows.

I wouldn't call Windows retard-proof

>What do I do?
You have two choices. 1) right-click the title and select "move" and move the window until you get the apply and save buttons visible. Or 2) open a terminal window and use xrandr to set the screen resolution. Just run xrandr to see what your displays are called and what resolutions you have and run something similar to
xrandr --output DisplayPort-0 --auto -d :0

Replace DisplayPort-0 with that your screen is called, could be HDMI-A-0 or DVI-D-0 or similar.

Attached: HaSeul & Vivi1.webm (1280x720, 2.92M)

Use terminal using shortcut, doesn't matter if you can't see what you're typing, just as long as you're typing.

xandr -s 1920x1080

Replace 1920x1080 with whatever your screen resolution was.

Profit.

Am patit, bagami-as pula in xubuntu ca nu mergea sa ii dau live boot ca era marit ca dracu.

>linux users

Thanks guys but I've solved the problem with

ai belit pula baiatu

>Implying windows is retard proof
Its even less retard proof because you have to install all programs from the internet and you'll probably get some sort of virus or malware if you don't know what you are doing.
>Inb4 windows store
Shit has more mobile apps than actual useful shit. Plus no one uses it.

I seriously can't tell if this is bait. Summer came early this year I guess

no prob mah dude. Also change DPI if you want smaller scaled stuff. Doesn't work too well to just crank rez down.

pres alt+mouse1 to move the window

Serious question doesn’t Linux have a 30 seconds window of time after which the resolution changes will be reverted unless the user confirms them? This is a pretty bad thing from a UX point of view

Attached: 1359625138298.png (960x730, 200K)

that's what you get for using xfeces

that's actually a good thing

This.
The absolute state of XFECES.

Attached: Screenshot_20180414_135111.png (640x360, 47K)

This. holding alt and clicking with mouse in the window will allow you to move the window without holding the titlebar

>if you don't know what you are doing.
this is the issue
you don't need a computer degree to learn to use Windows safely
for Lunix on the other hand...

lxrandr

Attached: 2018-04-14-202840_1680x1050_scrot.png (351x134, 8K)

they are not that different

Attached: 1471506645763.jpg (540x403, 52K)

I’m fucking dying here.

Lmao

triplets of the truth

You broke it. Buy a new computer

Fucking gypsy

>fags like it big

tty
$HOME/.config/xfce4/xfconf/xfce-perchannel-xml/displays.xml
youre a faggot

came here to post this

same shit happens on Windows
>game crashes
>desktop stuck at 320x200
>window way too tall to fit on screen

hell, just running at low res is a problem because there's no alt+drag (plus, the window title gets nudged back down if off-screen), and loads of settings dialogs expect a 720 high display, minimum

Satan doesn't lie.

Lel i end up my windows xp and vista back in the day like op fucking ati driver, really easy to fix boot to safe mode, or unplugged display put into another display output port vga to dvi etc, for laptop there must be a hotkey or plug in external display.

He tap ok not apply, so no revert, glad op fix it.

install windows

How has this not gotten more attention?

I can't argue with that, because I'm a computer scientist