Good music player app on Android?

For music on my phone. No streaming service shit.

I've been using pic related just because it's simple enough and it just werks.
Well, I thought it just werks. Decided to use Chromecast to play it through my TV instead of the phone speakers. Refused to play it. Refuses to take the phone form my audio, it autistically wants everything from the internet, so it wants me to upload all the music to GPM online first.

Fucking piece of shit. I want a good, clean app that has as little botnet as possible. Only need the basics really, I'm not autistic about EQ and sort by folder and themes n shit.

Attached: Google-Play-Music-watermark-840x473[1].jpg (840x473, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

f-droid.org/app/org.gateshipone.odyssey
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

you could try VLC media player for android. I haven't used the android version yet, but it's what I would try if I wanted a music player.

I like "Odyssey" well enough.
Odyssey Music Player (Music player optimized for speed and simplicity? - Indeed.) - f-droid.org/app/org.gateshipone.odyssey

You can just search it on googleplay anything with noads/not connected into internet and chromecast requirement? There's a pulsar music player on top search or this user says vlc.

>Does music player have folder view
>no?
>It's shit.

>Does PowerAMP have folder view?
>Yes.
There you go.

Attached: random image from google.jpg (480x800, 145K)

i like "Shuttle"
it's a good app and i use it myself

Odyssey for FOSS on F-Droid
Blackplayer EX on Google Play is the most customizable

I like Vanilla Music.

I use Vinyl Music Player, it's available on f-droid.

black player

Neutron is autistic, but in a good way.

Shuttle pro, worth the money. Odyssey looks like a decent alternative tho

Attached: Screenshot_20180414-204658.png (720x1280, 685K)

Just use the lineageOS default player, you can even use it if you don't use lineageOS, it just werks, it's fast and botnet free.

Musicolet is the only no-ads no-bullshit app there is. It doesn't even require internet permissions.

VLC

This. It's phonograph without the paywall limitations.

poweramp or jetaudio. in combination with viper4android you cant go too wrong

PlayerPro

Vinyl Music Player a best
- floss
- eyecandy
- features
- fdroid
- gratis
- no botnet

i use Musicolet but i hate the gap between songs. Any way to correct that?

Are there any good player that support xspf playlists and music streaming?
I mostly listen to online radio, when I'm trying to be productive, but currently VLC is my only choice.
I'd like to only have one app for stored music and streaming.

Attached: c175.png (175x175, 8K)

>floss

Attached: file.png (700x466, 423K)

foobar
just works

ui's ugly, but it's a great player

>being a musicolet

What gap between songs?

Why would you use that piece of shit if there are better alternatives around?

I use Eleven, the LineageOS default player. Supports everything a music player should plus it gives you a queue.

>anything with noads/not connected into internet
lel, I hope he has infinite time. I'd rather install F-Droid and do a search there.

the half second gap between songs playing sequentially. makes listening to full albums or playlists just a little annoying

OP here
Settled on Shuttle+

Fuck jewgle and their shitty autism

Although i currently don't have any music on my phone at the moment, Blackplayer EX has been my go-to for music playing. Simple ui, customizable, and just overall clean.

Attached: Screenshot_20180414-165242_BlackPlayer EX.jpg (1440x2960, 136K)

Black Player

>not using Phonograph or any of its forks
Explain yourselves.

Shuttle+ is good.
I've also liked DoubleTwist, though it's Android Auto functionality is absolutely retarded, to the extent that I think a literal retard programmed it.

Rocket Music player is less good on it's own, but the best I've found for Android Auto.

If anyone has other recommendations for Android Auto support, I'd be pleased to see them

I use this pretty dope one called Retro Music Player
ad-free and has a good aesthetic to it

>Shuttle
lol, this shit is buggy as fuck and wastes battery like hell. Not to mention its interface is just a shitty, sluggish version of Vanilla

>he has to pay for features Vinyl gives you ootb

Solid Explorer can cast.

>or any of its forks
are you retarded by any chance

who da hell uses folder view? we're not in the 90's where each band puts out an album full of music.

my lvl 110 paladin can too

just write your own fucking app you fucking loser

dis tbqh

>on Jow Forums calling someone else a loser :^)

Poweramp is the only valid answer. literally the only paid application that i ever had in my phone.

gmmp>poweramp
albums=/=folders. folder view is super useful if you want to sort your music into categories according to your tastes and aren't a streamnigger or itunesnigger who buys digital music

Foobar2000 if you care about sound quality sacrificing a good UI.

Poweramp if you care abouth both and want to pay a little bit.

Anything else if you only care about the UI.

Black Player EX > everything else

this

Too bad it's abandonware now, and the new version that will be released soon™ will look like shit.

dude, pls... in folders, a music can only be in one folder. categories implies that restriction doesn't have to exist. it's amazing that you don't get that your organizations is a subset of something more generic.

your organization*

Music (Remix) is what I use a lot. Simply because you can change the song no matter what app you are in with a swipe up gesture from the bottom. Also it's simple.

it's good for having songs from multiple bands in one place, certainly better than assigning a custom genre to each file. you can just have your folders like so:
>rock
>house
>chill
>work
>commute
>audiobooks
and just go into a folder for a specific occasion without fucking around with playlists or arranging a queue every single time.
but of course your sperg ass has to chimp out about people wanting to use this feature
>waah you don't need that, no one should be able to have this feature because I don't like it >:(

Vinyl has folder view and is FLOSS

Attached: dental-floss.jpg (224x234, 16K)

>folder view is super useful if you want to sort your music into categories according to your tastes

Isn't that what playlists are for?

don't tell him

This
Vanilla music master race

why

still can't see that
>your organization is a subset of something more generic.
let me give you synonyms: more flexible, that accepts more use cases, less restrictive, involves more organization styles

my last hope is this post

>ctrl+f "droidsound-e"
>Phrase not found
>60 replies

Y'all are fucking stupid AND incredibly ignorant

no u

>fucking around with naming and arranging playlists
vs
>dragging and dropping your shit into a folder when you copy your music to your phone
also
>not having the option to just go to your downloads folder instead of having to edit metadata in case you download something on your phone
>not accepting that x feature has its place and some people might want it
>trying to act as if I was the one too stupid to understand something instead of using an actual argument

VLC, all other apps assume I actually organize my music correctly.

Attached: Screenshot_20180414-173247.png (1440x2560, 310K)

what an absolutely horrible taste in music

this

>stop liking what i dont like

>65540176
>pls dnt maek fun f me i cry

Any app that can edit the tags in any audio file? Tried some but they just changed the info of the file in the app, not actually *write* into the file

poweramp does that, and album art as well, but the player itself looks like ass. I use gonemad music player for listening to music, and have poweramp installed just for editing the files

You know we have these crazy things called id3 tags, right grandpa?

Vanilla

Iuse Google play or newpipe

>multiple Rihanna albums
uhhh...

I like pulsar.

No one told you to stop liking this bullshit, you faggot. Your taste just suck.

AIMP
Gratis
Botnet free,no ads
Simple interface
Plays a lotta formats including opus

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-15-04-13-24-387_com.aimp.player.png (1080x1920, 871K)

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-15-04-13-33-230_com.aimp.player.png (1080x1920, 242K)

I use Hiki player player for lossless. Plus It has folder view.

It's gotten bloated throughout the years. I've used it since 2.2 Froyo.

This. It's aesthetic as fuck and fully featured. Can play opus files with R128 flawlessly too, but you need to rename the extension to .ogg first.

Onkyo player is as simple as it gets, and the sound quality is good. Also it has parametric eq.

Black Player Ex is the king for me

>file name

the UI is straight out of 2011, no fucking thanks

What other player is as good and has folder view?

What's wrong with Foobar?

Also many apps lack the bare minimum to be decent, like gapless support or a folder view.

Attached: foobar2000-Mobile-Coming-to-iOS-Android-Windows-Phone-437009-2.jpg (750x500, 30K)

mpsyt
mpv+mc
spotify

Aimp

Blackplayer EX is decent.

Attached: Screenshot_20180415-112807.png (1080x1920, 151K)

literally every player that has been updated since 2013

Last time when i was using my huawei i just downloaded mp3 on my pc and transfer it

But I don't want decent, I want a good one.

So do they have as many features and have better audio quality than PowerAMP then?

Poweramp is the only answer

blackplayer
it just werks

Poweramp beta.