Cell phone charging addiction

Is it just me or am I simply a skeptic where sites like batteryuniversity.com are saying things like:

"You have to charge keep your phone at 20% minimum to 80% maximum to prolong your battery life." As a ruse to get cell phone users to keep in contact with their phones day in and out.

Personally, I use my device during the day and turn it off at night charged to 80% or above. My alarm clock works fine enough to wake me.

Attached: Addiction3-300x225.png (300x225, 38K)

>"You have to charge keep your phone at 20% minimum to 80% maximum to prolong your battery life." As a ruse to get cell phone users to keep in contact with their phones day in and out.
They are correct, learn how Lipo/Li-ion batteries work before posting again

I have read battery university's "facts" and don't believe them. I think we are fine turning off our phones and going radio silent. Don't get addicted and let your bedtime be for sleeping.

Attached: wide-cell-phone-bed.jpg (1000x525, 158K)

Are you a braindead ape, what stops you from charging it to 80% and leaving it off at night?

That's true though. If you cycle your battery from 100-0 every day you'll be lucky if it retains 60% capacity after a year.

I can easily make it through a day cycling my OP5T 70-40

What's the point of your thread if you don't believe facts? Fucking idiot namefag.

I try to limit my tech. usage and keep my sleep hygiene pristine.

Attached: images.jpg (274x184, 8K)

>having a smartphone

u dun goof'd

>me right now sitting on gf's couch
>shes out
>thinks its sexy im not a soyboy handling a phone all day
>implying i need soy updates day to day
>implying cool people stare at their phone while walking around
>implying you are not depressed escaping into virtual reality
>implying you have a brain that can keep you entertained without soy stimulation

lmao you are a fucking pleb, you are litereally a garbage human being and i look at people like you. and i fantasize about ripping you in half and being coated with your blood.

This was once true, but doesn't matter anymore. Modern batteries and charging circuits already account for it.

It's technically correct and was once something you had to do, these days however, just plug it in when it's low, charge it up how long you want and use until it starts bitching.

answer the question retard

These things are technically true but you need to do some research for the device you own. Moving forward we are going to see things that ship with an oversize battery and only operate within their sweet spot while still displaying a simple 0-100 charge counter.
There's also other software solutions such as my sony which limits the charge rate so it hovers around 90% until just before your alarm goes off, no matter when you plug it in.
And desu, a certain amount of not giving a fuck? I could go every day micromanaging my battery, or just not care and do a battery replacement in a few years if I need. It's not like it costs a lot or is difficult.

>Virgin detected

Samsung already does this on the S8 and up.

I'm always scared whether my new devices actually keep that for me. On my Thinkpad I just set the thresholds so I know they are there but I'm afraid for my tablet.

What type of phone has this new battery software?

>My alarm clock works fine enough to wake me.
ur phone is on at nite for ppl to call you

lithium ion does have limited charge cycles, so he's not wrong.

ssd's have limited write cycles too. like li po batteries, they won't degrade enough during 700-1000 days of usage to make a shit.

zerolemon makes great battery cases for when you need more than your stock shit can do. my G3 had new and extended batteries in it all the time, i probably have 50,000 mAh worth of batteries for it alone despite the simple fact that i never use it anymore. what a waste of batteries in hindsight.

v30 battery case just dropped, trying hard not to buy it. 50 bucks better spend elsewhere.

Disabling fast charging is the easiest way to extend battery durability. It's not like you need a battery raping 45 min charge speed when it's gonna be plugged in throughout the night.

i abuse the hell out of my OpO. Charge it at 2%, all the way to 100%, every day. Still happy with battery performance. Had it 3 years.

That's some mighty fine projection there, loser.

>care and do a battery replacement in a few years
But modern phones have non-removable batteries?

I drain mine to about 12%, charge overnight to 100%, zero fucks.

How are you posting right now? Does your gf think its cool and sexy when u use the laptop?