Is it fake g?

is it fake g?

youtube.com/watch?v=zBnDWSvaQ1I

Attached: g.png (465x191, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)
archive.is/OBGB1
archive.is/tW6fu
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U
archive.is/CEvKh
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh
archive.is/MB0Yy
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

no, it's real and legit. what are you going to do about it?

nothing because i don't use chrome

You use android retard

Without the botnet, though.

not possible bud
the botnet sits in the proprietary radio rom, not just android itself

Hot damn. That's some freaky shit right there.

would like to know which piece of software was he running in background that does that
is it maybe that opt-out config in Chrom{e,ium} to continue running in background after closed?

Wait a sec, how is this related to chrome? he closes chrome and talks about dog toys, then reopens it and finds ads for dog toys from adsense, rather than a chrome issue is more like a windows 10 issue, though I don't use chrome nor windows 10 so I don't know whether chrome keeps a recording service in the background or it's microsoft who sends your audio recordings to google.

This needs more testing tbqh.

>the botnet sits in the proprietary radio rom
Activate the kill switch

Attached: 1497325814239.png (700x393, 231K)

>grug dont see window open program must be close

Attached: grug.jpg (353x400, 127K)

I don't use windows 10 so I'm not familiar with its interface but when a program from the taskbar is open, the icon of the program should become highlighted if they haven't changed from windows 7.

Attached: forgotpic.png (552x290, 10K)

Holy shit, it's Microshaft wiretapping

> 2016 Pasta

Microsoft is part of NSA's mass surveillance program "PRISM":
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PRISM_(surveillance_program)

Microsoft informs the NSA about bugs before fixing them:
archive.is/OBGB1

Microsoft openly offeres cloud data to support PRISM:
archive.is/tW6fu

Microsoft has backdoored its disk encryption:
archive.is/2XIvX
archive.is/qLRZx

Windows snoops on the users' files, text input, voice input,
location, contacts, calendar records and web browsing history,
even after related settings are turned off:
archive.is/thsGd
archive.is/sz1nt
archive.is/g3QdQ
archive.is/ko469
archive.is/l6pmO
archive.is/zK93U

Micrcrosoft automatically downloads Windows 10 on PCs running
Windows 7 or Windows 8.1 (between 3.5GB and 6GB), even if
users have not opted-in:
archive.is/CEvKh

Windows 10 scans for illegal/pirated software:
archive.is/vhjwm
archive.is/2jehd
archive.is/KQsBh

Microsoft proudly presents surveillance statistics:
archive.is/MB0Yy

> Over 82 billion photos viewed.
> Gamers spent over 4 billion hours playing PC games.
> 44.5 billion minutes/month spent in Microsoft Edge.
> Over 2.5 billion questions asked of Cortana since launch.
> Windows 10 now active on over 200 million devices.

REAL EXPLANATION

The dude was literally streaming his voice to YouTube. Everything you say in a video can and will be used for targeted advertisement.

Google does not listen to your computer's mic when Chrome is closed. That's 1) impossible without a process running 2) would be easy to detect and create backlash.

It's not fake, it's just a very stupid experiment. Google listens to you when you send them your live video. No shit.

SPOOPY

Attached: chill skeleton.jpg (900x900, 57K)

He may have a phone in his vicinity, possibly a google home device too.

I have nothing to hide.

Occam's razor applies.

WARNING: Disregarding razors may lead to paranoia, conspiracy theories, and being wrong on the internet.

What if he's running Copperhead/Replicant?

And in the case of Sailfish?

Am I affected? I use gentoo with the google chrome binary and systemd. But I always keep tape over my microphone

Tape doesn't block out your microphone.
And if you have speakers, they can function as a mic too, so that's just pointless.

I only have my speakers connected to my desktop when I play media
Other than that it is disconnected

>He still believes he's human, and not a cybernetic entity, wired into the botnet
Get a load of guy

Please note that tape is still not enough. If you don't record audio often, you may want to simply disconnect the mic or blacklist the drivers.

Furthermore, you fuckers need to get yourself a firefox quantum.

My desktop has no mic connected, the speakers are disconnected when not using media, I use Cloudflare DNS, and my main browser is Cyberfox
Rate me

>not having a microphone with a physical off switch

Attached: 1440632905465.jpg (286x288, 24K)

I think it's fake or he's not telling the whole truth (or doesn't realize he's not telling the whole truth, for example he has a malicious non-Google app on his phone that's using microphone permissions).
I tried this and I got a friend in the US to try it at as well (I'm in Ireland). I tested it on Windows 10 with an Android phone in my hand, Chrome was open on both devices and I was logged into my Google account on Android and in Chrome on Windows 10. I went on for far longer than he did about wanting to go on holiday to Spain and looking for flights. I saw a couple travel things afterwards but they were drowned in a sea of unrelated ads, nothing directly related to Spain and several things that were travel related but in the wrong direction (i.e. ads for skiing, Canada and a travel jacket). I also tried it with dog toys and vacuum cleaners and got absolutely zero related ads for either. My friend had pretty much the same setup except he was using Windows 7, he got even fewer results than I did, a singular barely related ad that would be expected on the website where it was observed (a health food ad on a recipes website after talking about diets for a while).
I'm surprised honestly, after all the pretty damning reports and then this video I really expected to find a smoking gun, but I got nothing.

Good opsec, 8/10 if you have a phone, 9 otherwise.

>8/10 if you have a phone
Fuck, oh well still better than expected
Also basically no social media presence whatsoever, a LinkedIn and I don't even fuck with it really

>trusting the physical off switch

Attached: 63744241b996d9ffefa8b274be3a1f37.jpg (435x640, 52K)

>not trusting a device that purposefully stops the flow of electrons

Attached: Screenshot_33-620x349.jpg (620x349, 24K)

Normally i'd think that's staged, but i actually had this happen to me

>had facebook app installed on my Nexus 5
>went out drinking with friends one night
>talked about a pretty obscure whisky for a couple of minutes (while everyone's phones were in their pockets)
>wake up next morning
>the first ad i see in the browser is of that particular whisky
>the sponsored page i see immediately upon opening facebook up on the phone is, you guessed it, that one whisky
that kind of opened my eyes

>physically off
>no application or operating system registers it
>but somehow wangblows or google is still able to access it

Attached: 1469820645257.png (640x352, 378K)

>not knowing about the quantum tunneling backdoors

>making shit up for the sake of argument
Fuck off Piers

Attached: jeremy_clarkson_reuters.jpg (635x475, 41K)

I know someone who analysed what the facebook apps (facebook, instagram, etc..) where sending back to their servers and it's literally everything they have permission to.

Oh wait I though that's what we were doing the whole time ;^)

Damn this autism

It's not Chrome it's Cortana. I wonder if someone could do the test with Chromium, Firefox, etc, and get the same result.

chrome on windows now has a built in antivirus
at this point, google has turned chrome into a pseudo-OS within windows
microsoft would never share data with google lmao that's a stupid theory why literally devalue the data by giving it to a competitor

I don't.

>Google does not listen to your computer's mic when Chrome is closed. That's 1) impossible without a process running
Problem is, by default chrome continues to run in background even when closed. You can change this through settings, but it's under advanced meaning most people (including the person in video) probably haven't done so.

>2018
>not using a computer that respects your privacy

It wouldn't be cortana because microsoft has their own ad network. Stop being retarded. Google has a million ways to listen to what the fuck you're doing, chrome, phones, social networks, it's pretty easy at this point.

That's true, and you should already know what the solution is. Throw Chrome away and get yourself some personal freedoms back.

>didn't have wireshark open
>closed chrome
>using botnet 10
>clicked an ad which ruined the rest of the experiment
I bet you anything this is a windows 10 thing, but the retard doesn't know how to test

>all these posters trying to shift the blame away from google
Y I K E S

So do it again yourself

Why is his the only attempt of this

>yikes
You have to go straight fucking back
>installing botnet 10 to test if its that
>installing fucking chrome to test if its that
I'd rather keep my system free of spyware, why don't /you/ do it?

Are you all so tech illiterate to believe OP's video?
Conspiratards are the easiest to deceive.
Just point finger to some corp doing something nefarious and you'll all believe it without verifying it.
Dumb fucks.

Google Chrome also installs Google (((Updater))) and that is always running in the background, even if you close Chrome. In fact it's listed in the Startup in Task Manager.

Someone please tell me how to disable the built-in mic on my laptop

>
umm, sweatie...

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-04-14 at 23.48.42.png (1114x711, 204K)

same thing happened to me. Was out with my Portuguese friend who was speaking his native language to his girlfriend. Came home to see a microsoft edge window mysteriously open with a google search result page of "Portuguese language".

Yeah, I hate jewgle and I don't believe the video at all. As shitty as they are the way they spy on people would never be that stupid and obvious.

>open case
>locate the mic
>rip the connection out of the board
>mic is now disabled

>googshill
>You have to go straight fucking back
cringe

Really makes ya think

Attached: chrome.png (691x78, 5K)

I don't use Chrome and my mic has an offswitch.

damn chrome users are out in full force today

Chrome runs in background by default even if it's closed.

Processes don't need to have UI, user. Ever heard of background services?

99,5% of chrome's users don't even realize the program has a settings menu, let alone this option

You have to go back because of your use of yikes.
I hate google like most people here, but without proper proof dumb shit like this video just hurts messages of privacy, it makes us (privacy conscious users) look dumb.

see

What's your point?

Because I don't have a YouTube channel desu

I am going to do it on my own, just won't really have a way to share the results other then telling about it

you sound like a fucking cop
>I, LIKE MOST PEOPLE AROUND HERE, enjoy piracy and I definitely am hashtag TEAMPIRACY
fucking kike kys

Post it here, make a throwaway account, make a ribbit account and post it.
>p-please believe this incredibly flawed test, you are a cop if you believe things should be held to a high level of scrutiny
Windows 10 spies on you
Google chrome spies on you
Without wireshark open or actual proper testing, it is hard to tell which botnet is causing the harvesting.
Are they working together?
Does chrome stay open?
Is it just windows 10?
These are pretty normal questions, why do you have such an issue asking them?
Or such an issue with blaming microsoft? :^)

Attached: 1518748577109.jpg (936x960, 302K)

He's right though, anybody who goes to replicate this will find they can't and then they will turn around go "I knew those piracy advocates were paranoid crackpots".
And even if I missed something in my testing and this is legitimate, it's still an objectively shit video. He doesn't mention what devices are in the room to hear him. Does he know a Google Home device? It's not clear. He doesn't specify if he uses Cortana, Siri or Google Assistant to any degree. He doesn't establish for us whether or not Chrome still has background processes running when he does his prepared speech about dog toys. He doesn't even clarify whether or not he has an Android phone!

Does he own* oops.

>piracy
can you read? he said privacy

Don't reply to (Me), I didn't say a word about piracy.

Oh wait I did I can't read. I meant privacy anyways.

bamp

Brainlets need to leave.

disabling microphone drivers wouldn't prevent this from occurring, correct?

It would.

Because it establishes a clear red line. Anything enabling a driver against your will is clear malware, and that will stand up in court in front of the most moronic judge you could pluck out of middle of Nowhere, TX.

That's windows 10

Windows 10 by itself will do that. Running that operating system in the background does that.

This

>2018
>owning microphones
asking for it 2bqh

If it's Windows 10 then why couldn't I replicate the results doing the exact same thing in front of a Windows 10 machine with a good microphone?

Have tried it, in three languages - this shit doesn't want to listen. No sex toyes ads for me. GNU/Linux + Chrome.

Tests with spyware windows that listens to everything

Tests are inconclusive.
I suggest trying them yourself, only instead of discussing how you want to buy dog toys, say something among the lines of "I'm so glad I kidnapped my neighbors daughter" or "My plan to blow up (relevant landmark) is should be finalized by this weekend".

He's a sensationalist retard. Even if the video isn't fake (unlikely) he likely has all sorts of botnet shit enabled without realizing, e.g. on is phone. Also note how he's logged into chrome, is using win10 and other botnet garbage. Fucking retarded.

>not disabling background services in chrome settings
>signing into chrome
>having a fucking mic connected to your desktop

Needs to be done asap.

Does it matter which botnet is actually spying on him?

Well, he's only blaming google, so yes

have you noticed how these shitposters never ever actually acknowledge the trash happening and instead just spew a lot of whataboutism?
>hey google is doing this fucked up thing
>YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT WINDOWS
>hey chrome is invading our privacy
>YEAH BUT WHAT ABOUT YOUR PHONES, GOTTEM

>how these shitposters never ever actually acknowledge the trash happening
Because it's what everyone has been repeating since 2008 anyway. Or did you think that "google is a botnet" was just a joke all the time?

Yet why does this thread have more defenders than anything else? Seems like something has changed "since 2008" to the point where "botnet" has become a running joke more than anything else. Especially when combined with all this whataboutism, it's way too fucking sketchy to actually be organic.

That option's not enough to make chrome cleanly exit, it keeps hanging out in the background.

It's just stockholm syndrome. Same reason why almost everyone here also uses Win10

With how popular Jow Forums is now, I'm at least partially expecting some malicious activities. There's no way everyone here is just naive but also uses just the right propagandist tactics to get people to stop talking about the main issue (the fact that our privacy is being overtly fucked), and start talking about brands.

Everything Google is without the botnet. Jow Forums is just full fucking retard and doesn't know what a goddamn botnet actually is.