/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/Xn5kZYex

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: danbooru.donmai.us 173166 1girl brown_eyes brown_hair digital_media_player fostex headphones highres (1120x1600, 254K)

Other urls found in this thread:

massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?mode=guest_open
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: D1AF4808-1E2D-442C-807C-10F0F9E91A9F.jpg (1343x1714, 601K)

always less than 1 min before op
wtf

At this point I'm guessing he's got a spamming script.

I want to sex this red

Attached: P7uDnYE.jpg (1500x2000, 1.54M)

Engraving on the C5D looks insanely good.

Attached: 6297762.jpg (816x1228, 309K)

LCD-2 are really good for poorly mastered music. On things that are mastered well I would probably prefer the he500 but these have been getting way more use since I got them.
What are you listening to user?
That looks really cool, is it a new product from jdslabs?
yes, gorgeous

Attached: buypig-trashhoarder.jpg (2141x1205, 915K)

>the pastebin

Attached: Narumi.png (1280x720, 702K)

My Love Is Cool.
Great album, the variety and quality of every track is just amazing.

Attached: 1200x630bb.jpg (630x630, 25K)

It's an old portable amp/DAC from JDS. Not popular because it's not really cheap and quite bulky.

600 owner here. I prefer the 600's over teh 650's because they have more detail across the board. I add a alight sub bass eq, but even the they're cleaner than stock 650's. How do the 500's compare to your 650s? They seem like a highly rated headphone, but suffer from chink nastyness

They're far too different. HD650 is probably a better overall headphone for practical reasons. It's still in production, it's cheaper, it's 1/5th the weight, you don't have to mod it, and it's easier to drive.
I really like the way the he500 sounds though. The linear bass isn't quite as good as the lcd2 but it's still good and the recession in the upper mids makes female vocals sound very romantic. I also find it comfortable while most find it very uncomfortable.
If I were to suggest one to a friend I would suggest the hd650 but if I had to get rid of one of the two I would keep the he500.

Don't listen to this man, he traded his hairline for headphones in a deal with the devil.

Yeah I get where you're coming from. I fucking love my 600's, and the 650's were very close when I tried them. I guess I'm bored and just wanting some kind of upgrade, but I don't think it exists unless I have to spend crazy money

It's true. I obtain most things through illicit means such as deals with the devil.
I want to sell all my trash and get a clear to be honest with you hairline poster.
Yeah, makes sense as it's kind of hidden on their site. It's not even listed when you click store, you have to go to the amp/dac section.
If I were to buy a portable amp like that right now I think the topping nx5 is where it's at or maybe the new fiio with balanced.
I will try it out at some point tonight. Thanks user

recommend me an album to listen to

Ferry Corsten - Blueprint (without voice over)

>get a clear
hahaha

Best headphones currently available!

i just got the Massdrop Plus Universal IEMs, and they're amazing, the sound is pretty natural and detailed, bass just at the right level, they completely outclass the P1

Attached: Massdrop Plus Universal IEMs.jpg (955x637, 41K)

>get a clear
This may be the worst of many bad decisions you have made.

Boos/stand delivered for WA6-SE, still rollin rectifiers

Attached: 66D2B1CE-3452-4626-B8DD-F3C4D18C512A.jpg (3777x2505, 2.01M)

It has to be the case, he always post the same shitty HD650 with shit DIY tube amp as his first post too. If it's not a script/bot then he has no life because who else refreshes /hpg/ every second?

gonna piss off my neighbours with the bass with this one. thanks dad

I want them, where did you buy ?

>where did you buy ?
>Massdrop Plus Universal IEMs
>Massdrop

Attached: 1523592217597.jpg (542x540, 62K)

They haven't dropped since like 2 months and they shipped instantly. Just wondering.

customs is a bitch

nobody cares

Your best bet is to keep an eye on ebay, check like once a day or so. Then make posts on headfi and reddit looking to buy if you want them. I never buy massdrop stuff from massdrop. My hd6xx for example, I got for $200 new in box on ebay without having to wait all those months for shipping.
I couldn't decide between them or the er4sr and I eventually just said fuck it and put it off for a while.

does z review post here
if so: fuck you, fuck your anime, fuck who you are, die bitch

That’s great, cause my stereo DACT CT2 stepped attenuator also arrived to swap in the WA6-SE.

Attached: 34D1E305-987B-49E5-B994-7974DFF9A5A9.jpg (4032x3024, 3.1M)

Feel better now?

Are you not into computer audio? Why not move your set ups to a desk? I only listen to music while I'm on the computer, just sitting down to strictly listen to music isn't nearly stimulating enough.

So today I got my ATH m40x headphones and they seem alright, but I want to know if putting in a 2.5mm to 3.5mm jack adapter and using a 3rd party 3.5mm audio cable with volume control is going to decrease the sound quality. These are the first "high tier" heapdones that I bought and I want to enjoy them to the fullest.

No, don’t use computer for listening to music. I’ll usually be on iPad when first starting an cd/album and within a song or two close that and just enjoy the music.

yes

>"high tier"

do you fucker know what "" are used for?

literally good for you. New audio gear is exciting. It's just that I don't come here often anymore and I can;t tell if you're a troll or not

Listening to s.e.x drive hd800s. My he-500 are sounding especially nice with the s.e.x. too so they’ve been seeing a lot of use. Was gonna try my hand with Jerg pads mod today but lazy.

Attached: 1D98733A-71A2-480E-9DCF-54F23AE43CC1.jpg (3693x3024, 2.02M)

what do you guys think of the Dragonfly Red? should be enough to drive HD600 right?

you need some nice OTL for that HD800

Attached: TTP.jpg (600x877, 303K)

or should i go with schiit vali2 amp and modi 2 dac?

Just bought the 6XX from Massdrop. I've got a High-end motherboard with a decent integrated dac/amp combo is it really worth going out and buying something like an O2 amplifier or is it just a meme?

Gungnir multibit or Soekris 1541?

Gumby without a doubt.

Attached: Front.png (600x600, 700K)

It's a tiny improvement, and you shouldn't buy the o2 anymore, for that is the true meme these days pushed here by a few retards. The magni 3 is what you should be buying. Your dac is probably good enough.

What mobo? The 6XX are high enough impedance that I doubt your mobo will be able to adequately drive them. They'll "work" but will probably be too quiet.

Very true, I’m big fan of OTL amps. I’ll check it out. Currently I have a Bottlehead Crack OTL that I built, Valhalla 2, and Antique Sound Lab MG Head MkIII OTL.

Attached: B6ADFF39-4E77-41B3-AEB1-0C44432EEE8B.jpg (3024x4032, 2.26M)

Cheers
Asus X370 ROG-F

>m40x
>high tier
They aren't.

Neither of those.

Try it. I can't say whether you're going to notice a difference or not.

Attached: Pro 82, M40x.png (1480x462, 99K)

>It's a tiny improvement, and you shouldn't buy the o2 anymore, for that is the true meme these days pushed here by a few retards. The magni 3 is what you should be buying.
What's the difference between o2 and magni, mister not retard?

get a cheap DAC/amp, Sabaj DA2/DA3 are great for the price I think as long as you don't plan on using too power hungry stuff. I have the DA2 for portable use with my HD6XX and it works fine
O2 with your onboard could also work, but better amps (Monoprice) might be coming out soon for the same price

I'm always thinking about upgrading something. I want to try some different amps to see if there really is a notable difference between them.
Also want a darkvoice or crack for my hd650 and soon to be dt1990(saving up). I passed on a $250 unbuilt crack+speedball during the 20% ebay sale and I'm still kind of butt blasted about it.
Right now I have a magni 3 and it sounds good to me but yeah, always looking.

what do you recommend then? I'm not paying more than $250 for amp/dac for the HD600

probably something like the Topping D10/O2, Topping DX7s, JDS Element
never ever buy Schiit

A tiny bit more of everything. And it's cheaper.

cool those are all 350+ other than the first which I couldn't find a price for

fucking retard can't even read, opinion discarded

Start paying attention to the IP account after a thread is made.

poorfag

Yeah, me too. Been slowly researching other diy tube amps to try. Crack/hd650 is beautiful, plus there are lots of inexpensive mods you can try. Crack also responds to tube rolling and that can be fun.

Never heard the Magni 3, my Valhalla 2 isn’t in the same league as the Crack with hd650 though. Its just too polite sounding for my taste.

i can't work because i'm disabled, suck a dick idiot

>i'm disabled
I noticed that

How much does disability pay?

Are you implying that he made this thread? Cause he didn't, I did.

Attached: _20180413_175341.jpg (2448x3092, 1.4M)

No, I did.

Maki user was floor user all along, we wuz fooled

The long con

Attached: 1513226993698.jpg (705x700, 119K)

I mean, I wasn't implying it, I was outright stating it.

Nah, he didn't. Jow Forums doesn't count the OP's IP or something. Unless I'm a schizophrenic living in two places at once.

is that amp the little bear?
is it good?

I'm about to pull the trigger. Meme the best you can with regards to the HD600 so I can buy this memecans.

Idol trash here.
What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1505173737973.png (1870x1050, 91K)

No, it's a piece of crap. Loud popping on connection/disconnection, picks up wireless infetterance like crazy, makes dinging noises every time it's bumped, short battery life, bulky as fuck, gets hot, hiss on sensitive headphones and IEMs. But it's a cool piece of crap. And it sounds pretty good too.

Just pull the trigger from confidence.
Once you hear HD600, there's no going back.

There are better headphones at the same price.

>Loud popping on connection/disconnection, picks up wireless infetterance like crazy, makes dinging noises every time it's bumped, short battery life, bulky as fuck, gets hot, hiss on sensitive headphones and IEMs
so pretty much a tube amp?

Like what?

There is nothing that comes close near that price range. Don;t let the handful of faggots here convince you otherwise.

Basically. But it's meant to be portable which makes all the flaws worse.

Says the faggot

Are those your headphones? Do you like the 1more? I've been looking for a good portable forever and never really found one convincing enough but I'm tempted by that one because of tyll's review.

Cry more you piece of shit

HD6XX is better and can actually be had for less. They're on ebay for ~$250 if you don't want to have to wait for Massdrop, but is $200 from there.
massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-sennheiser-hd6xx?mode=guest_open

Attached: HD650.png (928x960, 104K)

If you do decide to go with the HD 600, you may as well go for the extra leap and buy HD 650s which are driver matched to +/-1db

Or the cheaper HD 6XX, if you so wish to

Or you can just skip this and buy better headphones, HD600.

Or you can just avoid HD6-- altogether

>Not even driver matched to +/-1db
OR, you can go the extra mile and buy HD 650s, if you do decide with the HD 600

this

buy HD800

>Shilling another senheis-
You know, I'm not even mad. At least it's something other than meme 600s.

:)

>Start paying attention to the IP account after a thread is made.
Let me tell you a little something: floor user doesn't really make threads. I've made many /hpg/ where he has the first post within less than a minute and that's despite not immediately posting >>newthread in the previous /hpg/. Dude really has either a spam script OR he's refreshing Jow Forums catalog in search for new /hpg/ as soon as post count hits 280~.

Attached: 1990.jpg (802x668, 166K)

HD650 have worse tonal balance and buying worse headphones just to EQ them to sound like better headphones is dumb.
Both are driver matched.

Attached: 1522783970052.png (1139x1269, 81K)

Ah, but are they driver matched to +/-1db? Thought not. Otherwise, prove to me using up-to-date statements from Sennheiser

Also, have they responded back to your email yet? :^)

>HD650 have worse tonal balance
They both have meh balance. HD600 has no bass, HD650 needs a treble push and still some sub push. I wouldn't care for either without EQ.

So, it seems E-mu is coming up with a new closed back model, any more info on this?

Attached: emu.jpg (2880x2160, 392K)

You may be able to EQ out a headphone's frequency response, but not quite as easily, a headphone's lack of solid driver matching