Install Ubuntu on my new laptop

>Install Ubuntu on my new laptop
>"Are you really that retarded? Can't you install Debian like a man? You're such a kid"
>Install Debian
>"This is like the most overused and overrated distro of all times, stop being a sheep and install something else"
>Install Manjaro
>"That's one bloated distro, you're really stupid for installing that wannabe Arch shit"
>Install Arch
>"Why are you doing the same as these edgy teenagers on Reddit, Arch isn't even good!"
>Install Gentoo
>"Look at him, he's showing off so hard with his neckbeard distro. What a fucking nerd"
>Install Void
>"Wow, you're such a hipster that you fell for this meme? You should feel bad"

W-What am I supposed to do?
I just want to use my laptop without being insulted...

Attached: 48545428744855.png (620x640, 234K)

Just use Debian or Ubuntu and ignore the memes.

>W-What am I supposed to do?
>I just want to use my laptop without being insulted...
Just install Windows 10 LTSB, anyone who makes a fuss over what OS you use is a faggot.

buy a mac

Just use Xubuntu, its both comfy and geeky

Install Ubuntu you fucking imbecile.

Google most valuable engineer and Donald Knuth use Ubuntu, you know why? Because their time isn't worthless.

NixOS > Void > openSUSE > Solus > Gentoo > Arch
Pick one of those, everything else is shit tier

Google uses Gentoo to develop ChromeOS
So yes, Google loves timesink OS

Just use Ubuntu.

Attached: 1443595886899.png (1660x1940, 265K)

you shouldn't tell people what you install and just use what works for you personally
if you could please everyone then there'd only be one distro

> stop being a sheep
The most valid advice here.

After all the years I settled with Debian. The only meme you may face is "ancient" packages, which is easily debunked by showing off your Sid repo. What you get is a large and one of the oldest communities and an universal OS.

> Windows 10 LTSB
Doesn't support Bash on Windows as of now.

The only downside is that Debian has no alternative init option. I'm not a systemd hater, but I'm missing the option.

Listen to the memes, figure out the sanest conclusion that makes the best distribution, install it, repeat, till you always come to the same conclusion.

Or save time and install Debian.

No one cares what distro you use except autists.
The only real differences between them are packaging and how much effort initial setup is.
You're going to be running the same programs and window manager and whatever no matter where you go.
Just use whatever distro you like, works best on your machine, and packages the software you want to use so you don't have to go compile it yourself.

Just bee yourself lol

Really, just use what you use. I guess it's kinda like growing up but repeated at a smaller scale. You start out as a blank slate, no idea who you are, and then you are surrounded by others and try copying them so you fit in. But others notice this and mock you because you are just copying and are nothing by yourself. But after copying a fee different types of people you start to realize who you want to be. And then you just be that.

You come to g and see people with Linux desktops all riced out and copy, they mock you because you're a copying faggot. Eventually you try many and settle on what works best for you. For a lot of people it's roughly
Ubuntu -> Debian -> Arch -> provably more gay tryhard shit -> Ubuntu

That was the case for me. Using all the arch bleeding edge shit makes you learn and become familiar with cli. But we're in current year, it's absurd to use cli for everything, but it also will always have some relevance and is important to not be scared of.

I'm an anarchoprimitivist and I can make fun of you for using a laptop at all.

Wait, how did you post this? If you're an anprim (kek) then you shouldn't have a phone either.

I commune with the Great Earth Mother Wematanye to shitpost.

fedora

What said
Will move over once LGBT 2019 is out

Stop being a massive fag and start to ignore people who criticize your choice in software.

t. happy Mint pleb

>Caring about what Jow Forums says
Why would you even care if you have your own reason to use your favourite distro? Just fucking use what you like

Install Windows or buy an Apple MacBook Pro.

>Solus and arch
>isn't shit tier

>doesn't want to be insulted
Stop coming to Jow Forums.

Eh... Work at a web dev agency and 3 of the devs, one front end and two full stack, all use Arch. Rest are macfags. Maybe I'm falling for the meme but people definitely use arch in a professional setting.