Best chair for sitting at the computer?

Best chair for sitting at the computer?

i need a new chair as my current one decided to break after a year of use. i'm looking to see what other Jow Forums users have and would recommend.

Attached: 048-gm-49003-bl-5.jpg (1300x1300, 923K)

Other urls found in this thread:

btod.com/BTOD-100MC.php
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/fuo/d/steelcase-leap-v2-plus/6554178295.html
detroit.craigslist.org/okl/fuo/d/herman-miller-aeron-office/6554173502.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Attached: download.jpg (224x224, 5K)

looks uncomfortable but definitely cost effective

bumping, i got a creaky grandpas chair need a new one too

Get a used herman miller or steelcase office chair

I got one of these mesh desk chairs last week. So far, so good.

Attached: 51H3St2ercL[1].jpg (500x386, 50K)

Attached: pewdiepie-wallpaper_10.jpg (1920x1080, 92K)

I also need to know this

I got something from IKEA for €29, it's more than enough for the time I spend sitting on it.

Looking for a good comfy chair too, but why are they all so goddamn expensive?

>pewdiepie memes on gee
what is happen

Attached: ConfusedScreaming.jpg (342x342, 9K)

i'm shocked that no one wants to seriously answer in this thread. Jow Forums usually loves to spout personal opinion as if it were god given truth.

I also need a new chair. I want something extremely comfortable and durable. Preferably not mesh or race car autism

I use the Ikea millberget chair. Cheap and comfy for the price

I use an Okamura village w/ elbow rest.

4 legged wooden chair with arm rests and ass cishion, it's the best.

cushion*

Steelcase Leap

The herman miller aeron isn't as comfortable and it's only good for sitting straight and upright.

What's the best chair or platform for this sitting style?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 86K)

>LOG

Attached: images.jpg (370x398, 19K)

Attached: Screenshot_20180414-182815.png (1440x2560, 942K)

>try to pull myself closer to desk
>chair too high to fit under desk as armrests hit off the edge of the desk
>lower chair and slide it under the desk
>arms are now too low to comfortably use keyboard/mouse
How do we fix this problem?

jesus user my toilet seat cost more than that piece of shit

stop being a manlet

Been using these for over a decade. Best chair ever made.

Attached: 3592126346.jpg (365x490, 30K)

If it makes you happier, I have no idea what that meme means.

the core task-chair-buying audience is businesses, which can write chairs off as an expense, and any owner with any sense at all will separate himself legally from his company so he can spend as much as he wants without being held personally liable

weirdly shaped meme desks?
armless chairs?

What do you mean? I don't understand user.

I'm 6'2

is english not your first language or something?

What don't you like about the chair?

everything, it's ikea shit. look, i don't mean to offend you but not all of us are broke as fuck and can spend a little cash on a nice chair.

Nice chairs are 5 or 10 times more expensive though.

nah. $100-$150 buys you a nice chair. spend more than that and you're buying a meme.

What brands are you talking about?

You're not buying a meme. Expensive chairs are definitely better built and last long with longer, more reliable warranties, at least if you're a commercial entity.

But it's going to be more economical buying a cheap chair that lasts a few years and replacing it frequently than buying an expensive chair. My office has some ancient aerons that are still fine but obviously they're not like the new ones. Worn out, sagging mesh, some lack features/controls I think were introduced later. I personally would've replaced them but that's not how it works in business so... IMO it's better to just get a cheaper one unless you've used and REALLY like a certain chair.

Not to shill but BTOD has some cheaper chairs have some decent features found in higher end chairs, like
btod.com/BTOD-100MC.php
I can't personally vouch for their chairs but I did get the vertdesk v3 from them and it's pretty nice so I'd say I trust their products. I personally have an OM .Truly, which probably wasn't worth the price but it's built like a tank. I also use an Aeron at work and I've tried various other chairs while at meetings and conferences including Steelcase Leaps and other Herman Miller chairs and honestly there's not a huge leap in comfort over cheap chairs from like office depot.

I have this problem. Im convinced im getting RSI in my shoulders from it

The armrests obviously aren't meant to be used together with a keyboard and mouse... In fact, you shouldn't even have your elbows at the same level as your hands. It's best to have a slight downward angle so you don't get carpal tunnel from resting and flick your wrists around.

>But it's going to be more economical buying a cheap chair that lasts a few years and replacing it frequently than buying an expensive chair.

this is the truth

You need to mention a budget. Good chairs are expensive, but worth the money if you can afford it.

Anyone suggesting IKEA hasn't worked in a good chair for an extended period of time.

i'd be willing to spend up to $400

Attached: nerd neck.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

Well, I've no idea why they've set the headrest like that. I sure don't have it tilted that far forwards.

I got a refurbished Steelcase Please v2 for a bit under that. Very happy. It's comfy and great for posture.

If you're willing to go used / refurbished, check out Steelcase and Herman Miller.

You'll need to sit in a chair before deciding on it.

i wouldn't be opposed to buying used/refurb if it's in good shape. did you find your online or something?

thoughts on this?

detroit.craigslist.org/okl/fuo/d/steelcase-leap-v2-plus/6554178295.html

Attached: 00J0J_8u2qDMxypeF_600x450.jpg (291x450, 10K)

or this?

detroit.craigslist.org/okl/fuo/d/herman-miller-aeron-office/6554173502.html

I'm in the EU so I got mine off the UK eBay from 2ndhnd.com

Both the Leap and the Aeron are good chairs. Sit on them and decide.

A slightly used Aeron B goes for 1k EUR here. So I can't really comment on your prices anything more than I'm jealous. That's a really good chair if it fits you.

Because spending money on a good chair is not such a crazy idea if you're going to spend a lot of time sitting on it

Unless you work at home, I don't see how that's a problem.

Holy shit, that's a $1000 chair for $280. Fuck I gotta go check my local craigslist now.

Muh knees

As a kid I can remember my mom going to the nail salon and all the women there had these. They work great for short periods of use when you really need to lean forward.

Get a chair with adjustable arm rests you tard.

if you have alot of money 24hour chairs are a no-brainer

Attached: rec009-2T.jpg (345x496, 57K)

you live in metro detroit or detroit-detroit?

here ya go. it was built just for you op.

Attached: cs-3156hr.jpg (521x800, 44K)

Sitting is bad for the spine. The squat is the only superior healthy position that maintains the health of your body.

Attached: tCR7XMs_d.jpg (640x486, 32K)

that's a great price!

Seven dollars, how did I do?

Attached: R1995661_00.jpg (484x484, 15K)

Many people will meme you into very pricey chairs ITT I predict but one bit of advice I'd give is get one where the arms back fold back, that is all.

Are lumbar pillows any good?

Attached: 81opi6NeJ0L._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 168K)

Are there any chairs that will fix my shitty posture? I was thinking about a standing desk but I'm not sure if they are a meme

>2ndhnd.com
thanks for the link, legit site I will be using in the future

>arms back fold back

What do you mean?

kneeling chair will fix your posture if you can stand it

Having a chair to cross your legs on is a legit advantage

Attached: chair.png (524x436, 7K)

Actually, it's pronounced lumber.

Attached: lumber.png (400x300, 57K)

I always find myself lean towards the screen. Is that normal? Do you guys rest your back on the chair?

>$5.5k burgerbux base without "upgrades"
That looks comfy as fuck, but I'm not sure I could throw that much at a chair even if I was a moneyfag.
I'd sooner spend that on drugs or booze so I wouldn't notice I was sitting on a $50 piece of shit to begin with.

Deadlifts and squats will fix your shitty posture. A good chair will be uncomfortable to sit in properly until your muscles work as they should.

I got a Herman Miller Embody off of craigslist for 550. As one user said earlier in the thread about the aeron, it's kinda the same in the sense that it just forces you to sit upright, but imo, I don't really mind that and it's been pretty comfy.

This type of thing.

Attached: office-star-mesh-back-chair-with-folding-arms-213-e37p91f3-15.jpg (374x550, 60K)

I've also sat in it for a full day at one point and didn't really feel any discomfort after. But like everything else, just try out the chair you decide on first for a while and if you don't like it, return it or resell it.

You should not be using any single position for prolonged periods of time. Alternating between squatting, sitting cross-legged (or half-/full-lotus if you have the flexibility), and standing is probably way to go.

>mfw there's a woman at work who sits like this
Might as well sit on the floor

Slaaaaaaavvv

Metro Detroit. No one actually lives in Detroit, you know that.

Are there any decent fabric chairs with head support for a six foot tall humanoid? Every chair I've seen is either expensive and leather or the back ends below my shoulders if fabric.

>mfw bought a $150 head rest for an aeron

Attached: 1296481771138.jpg (318x262, 12K)

pi

Attached: 1506636876010.jpg (500x500, 36K)

i love how if you look for computer and gaming chairs online all you will get is DXracer and the likes. but if you go here, you will see no mention of such things.

anyway, i too need a good chair. for both playing for long hours and for writing endless texts for my degree.

so i'm seeing mostly steelcase leap and herman miller aeron. i also saw the steelcase please that looks good. are those good for both purposes?

Not OP but I have some questions about chairs with mesh backs.

Is (You)r back actually cooler/less prone to sweat?
Do you feel like the mesh can snap either over long term or maybe if you lean into it wrong with your elbow or something?

But I'm also looking for a chair with cushioned arm rests and preferably high/tall back.

Ok so I've been googling these chairs all night and a couple things keep coming up. The aeron is a great chair if you're going to be sitting in a upright position but if you try to lounge in it, it can be uncomfortable especially because of the hard frame which the mesh is attached to. So if you like sitting cross legged or something it won't be for you. The leap is definitely popular and offers better arm rest adjustability (if you get the model with adjustable arm rests) and is a little unique in how the chair leans backwards. It also isn't the coolest space age looking chair of the bunch, that title goes to the herman miller embody, but it is more easily repaired than the herman miller chairs and tend to break less. The mirra 2 is maybe the better chair from herman miller than the aeron for home use since it doesn't have that mesh seat which makes non traditional sitting positions uncomfortable.

These chairs are meant for office use which means they are designed to be used for many hours a day for years and years. You don't have to worry about the mesh breaking unless you're abusing the chair.

>noone said IKEA Markus

IKEA Markus
cheap and comfy

Attached: markus-krzes-o-obrotowe-czarny__0392583_PE564516_S4[1].jpg (500x500, 20K)

Damn, good research. Thanks for your info. +5
Is the embody any special?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Log, is in fact, WOOD/Log, or as I've recently taken to calling it, WOOD plus Log. Log is not an element of a tree unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning WOOD(en) system made useful by the WOOD texture, hardness and vital system characteristics comprising a full Log as defined by POSIX.

Attached: 1523463759464-g.jpg (480x376, 78K)

Attached: bc9080a23321ab83789e625aa70f38b5aa20a9c3.jpg (680x850, 28K)

I am currently sitting in one and it is shit.

Definitely the coolest looking but they aren't as easy to find used as the aeron and leap so they command a higher price. Cheapest I found a used one in my area was $700

Attached: 71DlPrRvDfL._SL1500_.jpg (1500x1500, 158K)

Attached: 1523386697639-pol.jpg (1160x1236, 677K)

This reeks of homosexuality

Wow how much of a closet homo are you that even a chair makes you think of gay sex?

Attached: Lahey.jpg (300x327, 42K)

Drool. That's some star trek shit right there.

right, never mind then.
i have some local sellers in my area for the leap and aeron. i'll check those out. try and sit in one. thanks.