/cyb/ + /sec/ - Cyberpunk and Cybersecurity General

Rising from the ashes.

◙ Cypherpunk Manifesto >>activism.net/cypherpunk/manifesto.html

◘ Cyberpunk Manifesto >>project.cyberpunk.ru/idb/cyberpunk_manifesto.html

∆ Hacker Manifesto >>phrack.org/issues/7/3.html

± Guerilla Open Access Manifesto >>archive.org/stream/GuerillaOpenAccessManifesto/Goamjuly2008_djvu.txt

▓ Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

░ What is cyberpunk >>pastebin.com/hHN5cBXB

▀ The importance of a cyberpunk mindset applied to a cybersecurity skillset.: >youtube.com/watch?v=pcSlowAhvUk

● Cyberpunk directory: >pastebin.com/VAWNxkxH

▬ Cyberpunk resources >pastebin.com/Dqfa6uXx

▐ Cybersecurity essentials/resources >pastebin.com/SCUbhpjP
>pastebin.com/VTXRAPxM

Cntrl + F Basic Knowledges, Basic Training, Arms/Arm >pastebin.com/rMw4WbhX

▼ Endware: Heavy armor for anons, by anons >>endchan.xyz/os/res/32.html

⦿ Shit just got real: >pastebin.com/rqrLK6X0

S archive: textfiles.com

Cybersecurity essentials/resources:
Reference books:
>mega.nz/#F!YigVhZCZ!RznVxTiA0iN-N6Ps01pEJw
>PASSWORD : ABD52oM8T1fghmY0

ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

=== /cyb sec/ News:
>BBC - Culture - Film review: Ready Player One
bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one

>Sex doll 'brothel': Paris council to decide on future of Xdolls games centre
bbc.com/news/world-europe-43463625

>Life as a cyborg
bbc.com/storyworks/future/innovation-at-the-edge/life-as-a-cyborg

>Robot Wrangler jobs
ftp://collectivecomputers.org:21212/Books/Cyberpunk/

>Staying one step ahead of the cyber-spies
bbc.com/news/business-43259900

>Guccifer 2.0 outed
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/24/security_roundup/

Attached: file.png (1024x640, 1.2M)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md
libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=0D73CF9818D7DA4F6260217301B663DA
bbc.com/news/technology-43747421
github.com/carrotIndustries/pluto
github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent
electronicsweekly.com/news/research-news/berkeley-engineers-build-smallest-wireless-nerve-stimulator-2018-04/
bbc.com/news/technology-43581624
bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43711477
hackthebox.eu
bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
bbc.com/news/world-europe-43463625
bbc.com/storyworks/future/innovation-at-the-edge/life-as-a-cyborg
bbc.com/news/business-43259900
theregister.co.uk/2018/03/24/security_roundup/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

So now that TLS 1.3 is finally standardized, are we gonna start seeing it actually deployed? Cloudflare negotiated 1.3 for at least a while, but I think that was a test, I haven't seen anything but 1.2 anywhere for quite some time.

I just started Count Zero and I like it but it seems to lack the spark Neuromancer had. Does it pick up in pace?

Why do I feel most /cyb/ when I'm trading crypto? I fire up bittrex, binance, cryptopia, get some charts going, start my bot. Got about 4 screens going, playing some mood music from YouTube. I feel like Arthur fucking Jensen. I didn't ask for this.

Attached: 741500FC-8815-434F-970B-DFDFAF23C788.png (1536x2048, 96K)

adam jensen*

but yea crypto is VERY internet culture and you're working with something that has tangible value in a digital space

It's been a long time but I seem to remember it starting off slowly and then getting better. But, I mean come on man. It's never going to be Neuromancer. Still very good though.
Yeah, that guy. Haha. Arthur's work is the subject of a different conversation.

cyberpunk... more like millenialpunk.
don't forget to bump this dead horse thread hipsterpunks

Started back on OvertheWire, feels good mang

I've just finished reading Neuromancer last night, was Matrix was influenced by that novel since it's about going into different worlds?

Attached: 1457749400071.jpg (353x357, 40K)

>*Tips Fedora*

just about everything is influenced by Neuromancer, its the granddaddy of the genre.
how did you like the ending? Wintermute and Neuromancer merging into an omnipotent being made me almost question my atheism kek.

Literally all cyber shit is

The fact that he was a weeb who set it in Japan resulted in the Asian feel you get to movies like blade runner, with kanji everywhere

question it some more

thanks to my insomnia, i rediscovered the thread

I need some books to read besides my school textbooks. I have a monthly ebook sub, but I can't find any good titles worth a shit that will actually teach me something worthwhile. All I see are books for beginners or collections of personal stories/anecdotes. Something more advanced in the cryptography/digital forensics field pref, since that's what I want to do

Are bug bounties worth it?

You can get the bounty only once, while you can sell an exploit multiple times :^)
If you meant the fun factor, yes, bug hunting it's totally worth it.

anyone here doing NCL or other CTF's?

why is there no Jow Forums CTF general?

(how the fuck do i use radare2?)

>not Bitmex

Stay poor pupper

Updated security guide github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/SECURITY.md

Attached: Prokhor-Zakharov-132481-large.jpg (140x167, 21K)

>don't forget to bump
roger

Attached: autobump.jpg (1280x720, 80K)

not sure if this is the right general but how does one anonymize after years of normie life? Im not looking to get off the grid or hiding from the govt for shady shit. Is it possible to hide from major third party (usually advertising) companies after youve exposed yourself.

I have emails with my name and some old social media account. Even if i delete them, the (((companies))) probably keep the information right?

>Even if i delete them
There is no such thing as "deletion". Once you gave away your information, it's never gonna be truly "deleted".
If you want to start caring about your privacy, start small, install something like uMatrix, understand how it works and why you should use it. Even pihole can help. And not using win10 helps too.
If you are only bothered by advertisers, that would work.

>tfw no correct answer

b

Attached: 1523547899235.jpg (1280x1024, 88K)

>pihole
wew thanks for this

>Something more advanced in the cryptography/digital forensics field pref
im not a huge crypto nerd but i heard good things about this one

libgen.io/book/index.php?md5=0D73CF9818D7DA4F6260217301B663DA

Is there any way to accurately figure out the wavelength emitted by (probably infrared) LEDs? One of the cities I frequent is installing what appear to be IR floodlights with license plate reader systems. They might also be just general purpose night-vision cameras.

=== /sec/ news
When every thing in your home is spying on your every move
bbc.com/news/technology-43747421

Bump with the ideal /cyb/watch
github.com/carrotIndustries/pluto

This is still going? Holy shit.

Take a close picture and reverse image search it. You might find make/model, and dig more into the tech specs.

Why of course, this is the number one most comfy thread in here. I guess you must have been away for a while; we have a pretty good FAQ that has been built up the last 6 months or so.

What's the most comfy modern password strategy?

I use a single keepass database shared on multiple comp and my phone.
Just had a security alert (finally it was just google that thought my phone was an unknown device.. really strange but yeah.), and changed all my important password. Now almost all the important are protected by 2FA so it wasn't all that important..

I'm thinking having a keepass database for stuff protected by 2FA, important stuff without 2FA with separate password and a third one with all unimportant stuff which has its password in the "important stuff w/o 2FA"

I'd get the 2FA protected db on everydevice, the important stuff backed up in many places but I'd only type the password on linux

i had to search for this thread too long so I decided to revive it

im a newfag to this whole topic too so im not sure i'll be able to provide such great news links in the OP if i have to keep it up

Store password databases on separate USBs?

>ideal /cyb/watch
Why?

The database are encrypted, it's really about where I open them, I wish my phone could give me one time pad for most sites

The Internet-of-Aids

>not having a windows VM with GPU passthrough where you handle all your botnet activities aka facebook/google/amazon

I'm just surprised because I'm the old school OP and had to give up because the demand of trying to keep the tread up was too time consuming in the end.
So, I'm pleasantly surprised it still exists.

Attached: 636246609695207564.jpg (1000x1600, 271K)

I don't even have a gpu on my laptop.

What do you use as VM soft on linux that can run games?

>I feel like Adam Jensen
A shitty JC Denton wannabe?

That is based on the terrorist-watch. excellent way to be flagged and arrested.

Aha, the user who was going to compile all the links? While the FAQ covers a lot of ground, and is still growing, there were many links that are not yet part of it.

For instance one user put up a large collection of screen caps from TRON, I wish those had been put up on the FTP site.

>Aha, the user who was going to compile all the links?
I posted a Mega I no longer have that had access to all my work as OP.
>While the FAQ covers a lot of ground, and is still growing, there were many links that are not yet part of it.
It's impressive considering what it was.

Looks like is time to build an information sharing system. This is the age of decentralization, we should be able to use something like GitTorrent to backup and distribute information like the OP.

why is that people interested in cyber meme shit are always so boring

This is what I am talking about github.com/mfyuce/GitTorrent

Is it just a dream?

define boring

>Arthur [Adam] Jensen

literally a cop? and also a corporate bootlicker?

Attached: jensen not so tough after being molested.jpg (774x999, 506K)

100%, shit image

Nigga shiiit. I ain't fucking with leverage. More like BitREKT amirightlmao
Okay. Case. Or Dixie Flatline before his unfortunate, um, you know. Even better, the protagonist from Accelerando. That dude was Jow Forums Jow Forums personified.

>Looks like is time to build an information sharing system.
OH was supposed to that. Also knowledge management systems have been discussed, much needed when you are deep in wide ranging info.

Also, page 9.

Time to bring it back? Imagine the possibilities for sharing info, see ProQuest Dialog.

Don't know a shit about /sec/ or CS, but I fucking like those topics. Where or how I can start?

>Time to bring it back?
OH? Probably but I never got to see it before it went off the net. We have a lot on the FTP site but I never knew what was on OH that was not also on the FTP site.

>Imagine the possibilities for sharing info, see ProQuest Dialog.
Accessible information is essential, most new knowledge is built on what is learned. Proquest looks good but also expensive, is there a free version?

>OH? Probably but I never got to see it before it went off the net. We have a lot on the FTP site but I never knew what was on OH that was not also on the FTP site.
I have an idea, why not share torrents from I2P while we put some thinking on how to share information? It covers a few /sec/ points and is easy to setup so we could all participate.
>Accessible information is essential, most new knowledge is built on what is learned. Proquest looks good but also expensive, is there a free version?
Dialog is one massive online database, and indexed. Is also centralized and behind a paywall, to have an alternative the community should come up with its own decentralized alternative. The guys behind the Aletheia project attempt at making a distributed scientific journal to exchange academic papers with ipfs, inspired by Aaron Schwartz, and I believe this is the way but we need something for the now so another idea is using just gopher inside I2P and let jugtail index what is out there. A distributed, decentralized information exchange that is also indexed is a juicy idea and is not wishful thinking if we put some effort to it, I wish more people would put some effort so we can all enjoy that.

>I have an idea, why not share torrents from I2P
Around here the ISP flags up any torrent. FTP is safe though.

=== /cyb/ News:

>Berkeley engineers build smallest wireless nerve stimulator
electronicsweekly.com/news/research-news/berkeley-engineers-build-smallest-wireless-nerve-stimulator-2018-04/
>The device wraps around a nerve and can stimulate as well as record, transmit and receive data.

One step closer to neural jacks.

But I2P is encrypted user, end-to-end encryption. We should share a couple links in the OP so people try new technologies and move things forward.

sticky diggy do

Are we sure we want mind hacking be a real thing?

Look at it on the bright side, at least I get to live in my cyber dystopia

;_;

In due time neural interfaces can be a good thing. There can be unintented consequences, ref. Eudeamon.

What I am certain about is that I will never install Microsoft Brain Driver version 0.1 beta.

Matrix borrowed heavily from Neuromancer and Ghost in the Shell, and the latter probably also got a lot of inspiration from Neuromancer.

If you are good, yes
bbc.com/news/technology-43581624

>I posted a Mega I no longer have that had access to all my work as OP.
Is that the mega in the OP post?

BBC continues to be a fountain of disturbing news.

=== /sec/ News:
>WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work
bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43711477
>A pioneering fingerprint technique used to convict a drugs gang from a WhatsApp message "is the future" of how police approach evidence to catch criminals.

Essentially an image of your finger is now enough to track you and have you convicted. Biometrics and privacy is not fully appreciated. How soon before someone steals genetic fingerprints as a business model? I'll give it 2 years.

How did I miss you guys? Usually I'm early.

What's everyone's favorite Wargame? I'm currently working on this:

hackthebox.eu

They have traditional challenges as well as several live lab environments. It's pretty solid.

Check the sticky

Thanks. I did. It's has a list of wargames. I'm asking for everyone's favorite

No idea but we are always hungry for inputs and a comfy time in this thread.

Well, I sadly can't contribute a lot. I'm studying the CompTIA+ book for fun, but since I lack study habit and my memory is the shit I'm working on it really slow.

cryptocurrency exchanges, when you win you get a nice price money :D

what are some small /cyb/ programs i can write
im bored desu

Thumbnails in the terminal, file manager like what ranger do but displaying multiple pics.

There is a huge need for knowledge management programs. There is a lot of talk and power point abuse but little to show for.

Do you ever thought to yourself that X thought you had was LARPing? Lately I'm trying to materialize my thoughts about the world and such, and the more I try, the more I think I'm LARPing myself but I can't feel it like that. Am I derp?

>cryptocurrency exchanges
how do i get started with this? i've been genuinely interested for a while but every time i try googling i find so much shit and udemy courses made by fucking pajeets so i dont know where to start.

1) read source
2) find vulnerability
3) exploit

lmao i was talking about trading crypto, but sure that's also a good plan.

You defined it

>Fables, realities, prophecies and mythology of a community:

What does that even mean? Its like a preface to schizophrenia, retarded prick.

what actually do you mean with knowledge management

I have several GB with files that represents some form of knowledge (graphics, PDF, plain text and more) and often I want to locate some of the information for references or inclusion in other documents I work on. Finding these is hard. Sure you can use search but that does not allow for synonyms or typos.

Also annotations is hard. Say I get an email about X and think this is useful for project Y, then I have no way of connecting these other than remembering it as metadata.

Even worse if I have to share knowledge files with colleagues using slightly different terminology and different organisation of files. I have about 10 GB of email in a carefully organised folder structure. Other just put it all in one heap and hope searching will locate what they are looking for. Searching is not enough and it is important that we share information with others.

Then you might be searching for something but you don't quite know the terms used in this field.

And then you multiply this by all the languages used.

"Information wants to be free, " they say, but turning files into useful knowledge is costly.

and what do you expect that program to do/how to work

>while you can sell an exploit multiple times
where would you sell exploits?

I can point to the problems. I can say I want a solution that allows me to store, locate, use. reuse and share knowledge.

Trouble is, I do not know how best to do that. The solution will probably be obvious in hindsight but just now I don't know how to do it.

Many systems allow tagging but that depends on a rigorous tagging structure and dictionary which will quickly end up as a straight jacket. And searching is fine if you know exactly what you are looking for but that is not always the case.

The FTP site is becoming a pile of interesting files having for the most part nondescriptive names. And Cyberpunk files are now in two very different parts of the site. And moving Cyberpunk to a subdirectory under Books was a bad move but here we are now.

the only solution for that is tagging i guess? well that could be done automatically with some sort of AI but thats out of my reach

>>BBC - Culture - Film review: Ready Player One
>bbc.com/culture/story/20180320-film-review-ready-player-one
>
>>Sex doll 'brothel': Paris council to decide on future of Xdolls games centre
>bbc.com/news/world-europe-43463625
>
>>Life as a cyborg
>bbc.com/storyworks/future/innovation-at-the-edge/life-as-a-cyborg
>
>>Staying one step ahead of the cyber-spies
>bbc.com/news/business-43259900

>When every thing in your home is spying on your every move
>bbc.com/news/technology-43747421

>bbc.com/news/technology-43581624

>>WhatsApp photo drug dealer caught by 'groundbreaking' work
>bbc.com/news/uk-wales-43711477

>BBC
why are you guys posting links to a state-owned news service? why do you even trust the BBC?

>why are you guys posting links to a state-owned news service?
I ask for a news debate once each thread at least. But nobody never EVER try to follow it.

Those are summaries of the news in the previous thread. News are marked up as
>=== /sec/ /cyb/ News
and tagged with sec or cyb. It is just a coincidence BBC is the only source here, also The Register and LWN have been used in the past.

Those specific news items did not seem overly PC, in fact the one about sex dolls was quite the opposite. In what way do you find BBC questionable?

>theregister.co.uk/2018/03/24/security_roundup/
>Said шпиoн forgot to turn on their VPN to disguise their public IP address and location, when visiting either Twitter or WordPress, we're told, thus revealing to American investigators their true identity – a member of GRU, Russia's military intelligence arm.
this was said in the past about the russian "hackers" that spread phishing emails...
why do they always use the same argument? why are infosec companies a bunch of liars?

>In what way do you find BBC questionable?
they spread lies, similarly to RT and russian news sources in general

>they spread lies
give one (1) case/article where they were spreading lies

>they
they, who? RT? that's well known.

>I ask for a news debate once each thread at least. But nobody never EVER try to follow it.
Well, I for one appreciate you work. I am kind of obliged too since I contribute a fair fraction of the news items.

>they spread lies, similarly to RT and russian news sources in general
Cite?

In any case I don't expect many lies in terms of security when the news is un-PC.