Things you hate in case design

>Things you hate in case design
Brushed aluminum or brushed plastic
It's fucking ugly and looks as bad as piano glossy finishes when they are dusty or fingerprinty

Attached: a5_012418.jpg (350x350, 58K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zTOSxgOQG74
youtube.com/watch?v=1hTgjiJ7CpU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

aluminum anything. If I wanted my case to bend like its made out of cheese then Id make it out of a shit material myself because I clearly wouldn't give a fuck what it looked like
Also aluminum almost entirely eliminates the possibility to weld in something in the future.
Sure welding aluminum is possible but you need a specialized tig machine or 0 fucks on the spool gun (which would probably just blow holes in the thin aluminum anyway)

Any non-functional deviation from a rectangular prism is ugly.

this but not because of the material itself, but because of the insistence on covering the entire given surface of the case with it to the point that it just becomes a featureless slab of nothingness that bores you to tears and just looks plain fucking ugly

fractal shit and similar "minimalist" designs are fucking cancerous

u want pray gayme?

Inconvenient designs like PSU basements that are closed off on one side. I don't mind that there is a separation, but having the component side of the case be closed off when you want to swap out a drive or add another cable to the PSU is just inconvenient.

Would like to see some decent SATA backplanes in cases too. Having to run and fiddle with cables when you're swapping out or adding drives is annoying. Once my PC is built, I want to spend the least amount of time on it.

I think it looks fine, I bet you're that guy that complains about everything, fuck off.

/stg/ - Shit Taste General

>have op case
>cat keep jumping on top of it pushing the power button down putting the computer to sleep at least 10 times a day

Attached: 1490288537146.jpg (567x437, 142K)

You shouldnt let your cat get on electronics.

RGB and cases that have random bulges, rough edges and trangles to show off that they're gayming machines.

*triangles

yeah,my cat a dick so I put a piece of cardboard on top of it so he can't push it down but the cunt play with the cardboard and throw it on the floor.

>if someone doesn't like what I like, then he's just complaining about everything.

>Been this retarded
op made an entire thread just to bitch and complain, try again

You fucked up.
Cats are like women. You must show them who is the boss early on or they will never respect you, let alone listen to you.

Try put some lemon peels on top of your case. It might never go near it

I don't mind the brushed aluminium so, but brushed plastic is trying to be something its not. What bugs me is the gaymer designs and sticking rbg leds on everything.

does the citric acid fuck up aluminum?
Theres some metal that reacts very poorly to some shit like that and I cant recall what

You can actually configure your power button in Windows not to do anything. Then you cat can mash it all day.

Attached: 1425232263432.jpg (746x746, 174K)

I hate the payment theme too. Why the fuck do I need rgb when I'll just hide my case away. Right now, I'm still looking for another case that is quiet, has dust filters and can fit aio in it, but my current setup still doing pretty well....

You can just tape a piece of cardboard on top and place the peel on it right?

Guess i should do that,why i didn't think about it before...

Attached: 1519046658729.jpg (480x336, 25K)

How often do you fucking weld shit to your PC case?

oh Im not him, I was just inquiring about the damage about to be done if any.
you know, lol delete system 32 and rub gallium on your aluminum case to repel the cat XD

Buttons and ports on the top of the case. What if I want to put that shit on top of my desk? I would have to stand to access them.

I havnt yet because Im being an overly sentimental bitch about some old cases, but I will be adding some more 3.5" bays to at least one of my cases here soon.
I also intended to cut a 5.25 bay or two into a case that has none, adding some supports would involve welding in that mod too, but Ive changed my mind since acquiring a 2x eSATAp card that allows me to just plug in a 5.25" dvd drive like its a usb drive.

Ugly generic black box like pic related

i hate the trend that cases are going to ugly 90s shit tier design

Attached: 7b76937a-6360-4fa2-af2d-24d3856d699a.jpg (1000x1000, 333K)

RGB gaymin case.
Monolith is the best.

What's the point if The system still powers off after holding it for 5 seconds?

Step 1. Open case
Step 2. Disconnect case power button from f-panel
Step 3. ???
Step 4. Profit

I find this aesthetic more mysterious and far less gaudy than the attention-whore-tire cases coming out.
It is a literal "black box". You may find it regressive but I think it adds character to computing.

A back panel, 4 rods, and a transparent side?
No thanks. We all know what a fucking computer looks like post-ISA slots.

>find someone whos pet is rfid chipped
>put together noobduino rfid reader to flip a transistor when the pets rfid is read
>hook transistor up to motherboards power header
>whenever pet gets near their computer, the computer will shut off or go to sleep

>bonus points for hiding it in a couch cushion and tying it into an lirc setup to really fuck with everything they have

Honestly, I dislike the "tower" design. I am so done with it. It's not intrinsically bad or ineffective, and can support some good airflow solutions, but there has to be a better way.

Give me:
A) Mac "Trashcan" wind tunnel
B) Two-chamber modular cubes
C) Mini-ITX toaster ovens
D) HTPC experiments

Just, please, anything. Give me anything else.

Couldn't agree more.
My Linux server's case very similar for those purposes.

Simplistic designs age better and are more mysterious.
Plain colors really compliment the sharp lines and edges to make it stand out from the average windblows RBG window angular boxes.

Geometric features are trash.
White/black or contrast-y finishes are garbage as well.

Attached: 11-139-074-01.jpg (640x480, 20K)

You may not like it, but this is what peak case performance looks like.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1117, 523K)

anything with gay man's window

>Things you hate in case design
Autistic people freaking our about cases. My case is an ugly as fuck cooler master case from 2012/and I don't care. You know why? Because I don't stare at my case.

and then there are these guys

Attached: Hakko FX-888D.jpg (751x540, 92K)

Cases having hardly any hard drive bays, the most retarded shit ever.

- solid (no mesh) front
- top looking usb ports
- hi-fi chrome feet
- transparent panels

Pretty much every non-oem case is ugly as fuck these days. Don't know why is it so hard to pay actual industrial designer to do something in oem lenovo/dell/hp workstation style.

>lenovo/dell/hp workstation style
Those are much bigger companies with way more sales volume and much bigger budgets that lets them spend more on design .

>urgh why is this case designed specifically for silent compute with dense soundproof materials so generic and box'y

k y s, this case is far more aesthetic than any glass panel bullshit we have had forced down our throats lately.

youtube.com/watch?v=zTOSxgOQG74

Attached: uuuu.png (564x624, 251K)

Brushed al is fine. Plastic in this day and age is however completely unacceptable.

My personal niggle is fan filters that require disassembly to access.

Less is more.

the real solution here is to beat the shit out of the cat once so it remembers whos boss

I just want beige back on the menu.

Attached: IMG_4862_zps7a36c8e6.jpg (1024x768, 48K)

What is the computer case equivalent of a fat PS2?

weak bait, kys

>all of the butthurt fractalshills that (You)ed this
he’s not wrong, technology should look like technology, not a block of featureless aluminum or a three dimensional lite brite

the false dichtomy of either being a 14 year old gamer faggot or a pretentious twat who thinks taste is being irrationally triggered by hard disk access lamps is getting old as fuck and it’s one of the main reasons I don’t build anymore, whitebox hardware just looks like shit because of these retards

kek'd

PC case should look like PC case, not Christmas tree.

>turbo

Attached: 1378118846161.jpg (211x290, 16K)

Plastic is not the problem.
Cheap, thin plastic is.
The reason why OEM cases from IBM look better is that they're using HQ plastic.
Same with razor-thin aluminum vs. solid steel.

Attached: ibm-smartcube.jpg (420x460, 48K)

Lack of hdd bays in most cases.
In general how no cases are set up for hard mods.

Plastic windows
Lack of airflow
Lack of psu shroud (again airflow)

What? Turbo was useful

Leds and windows, logos, anything non-functional

>windows
FTFY

I dont mind tinted windows too much actually. Looks nice on my meshify c

>hating brushed aluminium
i bet you like rgb lighting.

the cat is trying to save electricity

This, now shut down your computer and use the money you save to buy your cat some treats.

Not him but both are shit.

Shovelware cases like FractalDesign and virtually any other mass-produced cases use the cheapest aluminum coating.

Hard-coated aluminum however would look great

Attached: rugere10-1.jpg (1000x700, 146K)

Tucked away hard drive cages with no air flow (read: no 140mm fan support, just shitty disgusting 120mm fan support)

You can change that in MOBO settings

lack of vibration deletion of hard drives

my fractal shitsign boxes vibrate like crazy and it can be heard in other rooms because the vibrations multiply through the walls and floors

NZXT is even worse because they have no rubber, just plain metal on metal on even their most expensive cases

>lack of duckted air intake
>lack of noise isolating padding
>side windows
>alien spaceship design

>Drive bay rattle
>No dust filters
>No 5.25" bays
Basically I'd want a boring, silent, clean Fractal Define without the FUCKING rattle when I don't put something on the drive bay. And I do possess the R4.

Really? 68 fukcning replys and no mention of the lack of vertical computer chassi?

Attached: raven-rv02-4l[1].jpg (1280x960, 314K)

How is fractal design shovelware? Theres not a lot of good case manufactures and for the most part fd is on point

Nzxt is just awful all around

>sucking dust from underneath

Just stick the drives into the case with double sided sticky foam-take, can even use more than obe layer.

It will objectively better than any rubber mount can be.

English, isn't my native language (sorry). Could you draw your description in a painting program?

>rectangular prism
You mean a cuboid?

white cases that are powder coated

>close side panel
>white paint is scraped off immediately
>slot hard drive caddy into drive cage
>white paint is scraped off imeediatly
>tighten a screw anywhere on the case
>white paint is scraped off immeidaltly

aaAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

You have to be an absolute fucking autist to care about the paint on theinternal surfaces, surface of the drive cage and under the screw head.

And if you are then apply grease to surfaces engaged in friction.

That is just a crappy powdercoat though.

>I like ricer 'gaymer' shit
Go away child.

Blue LEDs.
LEDs without brightness settings in general.
Tiny fans.
Top-mount PSUs.

They're shit.
No one else does it for a good reason.
Heatpipes need gravity to return fluid back to the cold plate.
Most of the useful heatpipes for the GPU and half of the heatpipes on a CPU heatsink will be effectively useless since the fluid will remain trapped at the end of the heatpipes.

Desktop is actually the most logical solution.
Desktop with a GPU turned on the side like those flashy new 'gaymur' tower cases have, would actually be the ultimate, since all heatpipes on CPU and GPU should be working their best.

PSU shrouds are fucking stupid and an excuse for shitty cable management also shitty airflow and non rubber groments

I want horizontal board cases. The obly one is that shitty haf case

>eliminates the possibility to weld in something in the future
>welding shit to folded sheet metal

That is the single most retarded thing I've ever read on Jow Forums.

Chieftec Dragon
stainless steel with high quality matte coating
polycarbonate plastic, high quality, matte
12kg empty weight

Chieftec should update it already, with noise dampening and vibration-isolated hard drive cages

Attached: chieftec dragon.jpg (460x535, 31K)

>rfid chip cat
>do the same thing with arduino but make it so power button doesn't work when cat is nearby
>cat can't press button

your cat wants you to stop shitposting, good cat

dumb retard with adhd needs to look at pretty shapes every single moment of his life or else he screams and makes a post about it on a tech imageboard

>case

youtube.com/watch?v=1hTgjiJ7CpU

They did update it, they turned it into this piece of shit

Attached: dx-02b-op.png (500x500, 177K)

Sad

>Heatpipes need gravity to return fluid back to the cold plate.
>Most of the useful heatpipes for the GPU and half of the heatpipes on a CPU heatsink will be effectively useless since the fluid will remain trapped at the end of the heatpipes.

This was a major problem with the first GPU I used in my FT02.
Second one worked fine due to a different heat pipe layout (which I picked carefully that time).

The one I have now (pic related) even works perfectly, despite the vertical heat pipes.
Before buying I even contacted Asus support to make sure it would work vertically, they said it was no problem.
I am actually surprised how quiet it stays under load, I can easily sleep in the same room while rendering.

I guess heat pipes have come a long way in recent years, although I would still check specific models.

Attached: asus-geforce-gtx-1080-ti-strix-oc-11gb.jpg (1920x1409, 478K)

the absolute state of the 3D printing fad.

There are dust filters you can easily remove and clean.

I'm using a similar case for 8 years now and never had more than the faintest dust on the electronics, never so much to have to clean the inside.
And I live in a very dusty apartment.

Attached: silverstone-fortress-bottom-fan-filters_maxwidth.jpg (550x275, 108K)

What went wrong?
What happened?

Attached: tn_.png (1290x1282, 1.37M)

What are you gonna do? Give it wings?

same. my cat loved walking over all my shit so bad i had to use boxes and furniture as a physical deterrent or to block her from doing such. i left bottlecaps on top of the power button so it couldn't be pushed but eventually just configured it to do nothing instead. she also puked a hairball down the side of my right speaker and down the back of my PC cables once which was a nigger to clean up.

turned out my cat had a flea allergy i wasn't told about when i adopted her. she just didn't want to be on the carpet. stopped climbing things after i started treating her skin and now she sleeps on the carpet/furniture normally and is perfectly healthy again.