Galaxy S5 fag here

Galaxy S5 fag here.

Uhhhh... seriously. What the fuck is going on here?

Everythingis fucking slow, it takes like 30 seconds to open an app, my phone is so slow, I can't even answer calls in time sometime.

I moved all the apps to the SD card I could, but still no change.

Wtf?

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-15-03-34-01.png (1080x1920, 81K)

install lineageos

Install Gentoo mobile edition.

also, my phone is with AT&T and I get those forced updates sometimes.

>2018
>Using android
Kys

Out dated gpu binary driver I bet, outdated os I bet, outdated software in general I bet.

Feels comfy to be on iPhone 7Plus :^)

SD card has slower io than the internal memory

Real solutions here that you won't get from the ThinkPad faggots:

I dealt with a lot of S5s. The TouchWiz it uses is the last awful bloated one before it got slightly better. Best option is to make sure you're on latest firmware (Marshmallow), factory reset, do the basic TouchWiz thing where you disable all the memory hogging features, disable WiFi scanning, disable a bunch of Samsung system apps that phone home all the time.

I'd also highly recommend you get a different launcher and uninstall the Facebook app if you have it and use the browser instead. Don't use any of the Samsung apps, they are depreciated and unsafe to use generally.

Best solution however is to do what a few others have said and install LineageOS or Resurrection Remix. It's not hard and will make the most noticeable performance and battery life.

Attached: saLQryvSyrYw3VIlRyNrGM--mrfMqjCth9VhLBod0h0.jpg (720x960, 169K)

Yeah for now until Apple slows down your phone.

>he thinks Apple is the only one that slows their phones
lmao
that's what you get for using smartphones you absolute utter faggot

bBTFOtfo eternally

>replace battery
>runs like new again
>alternatively, just turn off the throttling software and deal with unexpected shutdowns
have fun with that bootlooping nexus 6p fag :^)

No one slows my phone you nigger. I don't use the factory botnet ROM garbage.

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180415-210935.png (469x108, 8K)

I didn't buy the 6p because it is a shit phone. I'm not saying iPhones aren't decent. I'm happy with my phone choice and you're happy with yours. You were just being a smug cunt

>You were just being a smug cunt
maybe you haven't caught on by now, but that's kinda what we do here.
hi, and welcome to Jow Forums.

Attached: smug anime face.png (593x540, 306K)

Install LineageOS

>he uses a custom rom made by some pajeet that made it using YouTube tutorials

>Look, Ma', I'm like the cool kids now!

:^) le meme!
You should follow up with Peep Frog, he's my favourite Jow Forums memester after Anime Girl, good show fellow 4channer

>implying anyone on The Chan is trying at all to be cool

Attached: smug face.jpg (660x387, 92K)

>He doesn't use one at all like a greasy neckbeard autist who never goes out.

Ok, even though my OS wasn't put together buy a curry muncher (they usually only mod stock firmwares), it's still more secure than most botnet phones and more secure than your ego

/thread
Just stop replying now.

>moving apps to the sdcard

here is your problem, the sd card have way slower read/write speeds than the phone's internal storage space.

I also have an s5 and it's working fine with the stock marshmallow rom.

Install LineageOS. We're getting an official 15.1 build (Oreo) very soon. They just closed out the last couple of blocking issues (camera related) and its only a matter of time now

Attached: Screenshot (Apr 15, 2018 8_24_17 AM).png (1080x1920, 106K)

LoS runs good on this phone but have a big issue that seems the pajeets didn't fix it yet - the low recording volume of the micrphone, so during calls you need to speak quite loud....

>using chrome which keeps running in the background instead of a better browser like brave

Also turn on nfc, bluetooth, location etc. only when you use them, don't let those enabled all the time, and disable the nearby device scanning from settings > more networks, those things are just wasting your battery for nothing when you don't use them.

I'm not worried about battery life. I have the 8500 mah extended battery. My phone will last all day with the screen on. Actually, lately it only lasts like half a day. But mostly I'm worried about memory.

ViPER4Android. Fairly straightforward to install through Magisk.

/thread

>We're getting an official 15.1 build (Oreo) very soon. They just closed out the last couple of blocking issues (camera related) and its only a matter of time now
Source? Also, the camera related issue was only relevant to the pre-installed app and it wouldn't save recorded videos. All third-party camera apps weren't affected.

>2018
>Not having kys already
Kys

eat shit and die fruitnigger

Thing is. I get storage warnings because I have so many apps. all stuff I need though:

>eBay
>Amazon
>my bank app
>Skype
>Google Voice
>Amazon
>Amazon Book Reader
>Chrome
>Snapchat
>Facebook
>Facebook Messenger
>Amperage (Amp reader)
>Sure TV remote
>ES File Explorer
>SC-OS (Secret Camera Operating System)
>Tinder
>POF
>OKCupid
>Walmart
>VLC
>Venmo
>YouMail
>Google Docs
>Call Recorder
>Etrade
>Remote Desktop Client
>Torque (an app that connects to your car for diagnostic readings)

I've been using some system cleaner called All-In-One system cleaner.

Shit, I don't even have any of the pic editing programs on there that I used to have

Probably some application running on background fucking everything up. Enable developer and check services running.

can you back up that claim?

You seem angry.
Are you angry?

Attached: smug painting.jpg (262x281, 18K)

>the other companies never admitted to it so obviously they never did it
how naive

I'm pretty sure a bunch of pre-Oreo phones have camcorder issues because of incompatible blobs.

So you can't, sad. Go play with your fruity dildo

Attached: 1522718399209.jpg (221x250, 5K)

>I'm pretty sure a bunch of pre-Oreo phones have camcorder issues because of incompatible blobs.
Fortunately only pre-installed camera app is affected. It is a known issue.

Wrong. Just some apps like Footej with non standard approach works. Quality is not so good tho

Serious response from phone tech:

1.) Download and install Nova from the playstore and set it as default launcher
2.) Uninstall/disable any apps you don't use/want
3.) Go to settings>dev options and set animations to 0.5x or off
4.) Go to settings>storage and wipe cache
5.) restart phone

Attached: 1523393632570.jpg (700x1497, 203K)

adding to this: get an A1 ~100MB/s certified mSD card like pic related

These have high IOPS which is very important for apps loading and writing small 1-10 MB files frequently

Attached: Screenshot_2018-04-15-15-09-29.png (720x1280, 369K)

the vast majority of phones slow down over time.
the ones that don't often end up in a bootloop or shutting down unexpectedly at 30% otherwise.
it's common sense, really.

Is it really that hard to believe that large companies that aren't Apple also do questionable things?
Imagine being that delusional.

Sad how most of the performance hit is due to never clearing cache and uninstalling apps you don't use. I have clients come with high end flagships like the Note 8 and LG V30 with like 2-3 GB of cache and thousands of apps their kids download to their phones spanning pages upon pages of app drawers.

Bad apps, misuse and shit companies like LG.

Can you back up your claims?

It's not available for any of my phones.

What are your phones?

Sprint S4, Verizon S7.

>an apple device slows down
>the ((((jews)))) did this, obviously
>what a big mean evil company Apple is

>flagship Android phone takes a performance hit
>w-well obviously it's the user's fault.
>can you even prove that sometimes electronic devices slow down at all? n-no? hmm...
>goolag never does anything wrong and neither do the chink companies
>b-btfo...

Attached: thinking emoji.png (160x160, 27K)

Galaxy S5 user here
>camera looks worse
>IR blaster doesn't work

if it wasn't because of these I'd have jumped already.

>Can you back up your claims?
Have you used literally any flagship Android device ever? After about 2 years they all start to slow to a crawl. This can be alleviated by rooting the phone, but you'd never have to resort to that with a brand new device.

To be fair, it was proved in court that apple does gimp older devices as iOS updates are applied.

However android would benefit from UIs with less resource consuming animations (ie touchwizz) and better handling of caches.

nice memes, faggot

nope, see root is only for undervolting/autism

>To be fair, it was proved in court that apple does gimp older devices as iOS updates are applied.
I never said otherwise, and I don't doubt that.
I'm just saying it would be nice if people would just admit the obvious and stop blindly defending giant corporations that obviously don't need their help.

That post is literally a shill post. Start thinking.
>is your phone slowing down?
>install this app and delete everything else
>see? doesn't that feel snappier? :3

>carrier phones
you played yourself

>That post is literally a shill post. Start thinking.
I wish, this is literally what I charge $40 to do.

>>is your phone slowing down?
>>install this app and delete everything else
>>see? doesn't that feel snappier? :3
lmao but for real people have too many apps they never use and mountains upon mountains of cache hogging internal nand OPs.

You device is old and you have two options here
1-find a debloated stock rom on xda with root access and use apps like greenify to keep shitty apps off
2-install an AOSP based rom and watch your phone fly

the only drawback using an AOSP rom is that the camera quality decreases but you don't need it you're ugly anyways

Android devices just slow down if you install a bunch of retard tier apps that are only allowed on Play Store because Google are jews and simply can't filter for shit. iPhones otherwise are willingly gimped by Apple, and they have already admitted that.

Can you explain how can rooting your phone make it faster? You clearly don't know what you talking about and are just shitposting.

>admit the obvious
Again, can you back up your claims?

Cleaner apps literally do the opposite they claim. Just retarded, tech illiterate normies fall for that shit.

>Quality is not so good tho
It isn't in pre-installed camera apps. Countless alternatives exist.

>Android devices just slow down if you install a bunch of retard tier apps that are only allowed on Play Store because Google are jews and simply can't filter for shit.
It's the user's fault. It's always the user's fault. :3

>root is only for undervolting/autism
Couldn't it be for uninstalling unnecessary system apps, ad blockers, powerful backup apps, firewalls and other root dependent apps? Clearly not, because everyone undervolts their phones, right?

Can't you read? It's both Google and user fault.

Attached: 1522718399209~01.jpg (221x250, 6K)

>you're such a sheep to not realize that android is perfect in literally every possible way

>:3
stop posting

Attached: mac_faggits.gif (320x180, 1.77M)

Android is a piece of shit, but it's the lesser of two evils.

Why don'tcha cum over here and make me. :^)

Attached: cute anime guy blinking.gif (720x846, 899K)

>Couldn't it be for uninstalling unnecessary system apps
In my experience most can be disabled or don't have a significant impact in overall system performance

>ad blockers
that too though in browser ad blockers do exist I can see why someone would want this for in-app ads

>powerful backup apps, firewalls and other root dependent apps? Clearly not, because everyone undervolts their phones, right?
autism

honestly I think iOS is like a giant, hard log of shit where passing it is like trying to pass an arizona tea can followed by four minutes of hotdog water meanwhile Android is the kind of painful, burning diarrhea that leaves your asshole looking like an upside down volcano.
you're going to have a bad time with both of them, no matter what, for totally different reasons.

i unironically love sheep. they're super interesting animals.

>Galaxy S5 fag here.
> phone is with AT&T

So, it's a G900A.
Root, unlock, flash lineage

>powerful backup apps, firewalls and other root dependent apps? Clearly not, because everyone undervolts their phones, right?
>autism
Any legitimate criticism is autism, of course.

Not OP but I've the same issues. Are there any decent launchers on f-droid that are as good as nova launcher?
Is my Sandisk Ultra A1 16GB good enough?

Not him but if you don't care about customization and like the Pixel 1/2 launcher, check out AOSP Launcher3 with Pixel mods (something like that, should be enough to find) on github. 2.1 for Pixel 1 version.

Not really, nothing I know of beats nova with animations disabled. Also the A1 is good enough though double check if it's actually rated for application performance 1, 16 GB seems kinda suspicious.

I been using this and Cyanogenmod before. Camera did not even work in beginning. One year later they got it working but it had problem focusing properly and pictures are mid tier quality at best. They never fix it... it got slightly better but not like stock.

Either you have a fast OS or a good camera, your choice.

Welcome to the future proof of android. As soon as the phone is out in the market you have no guarantee that your phone will ever get updated or fixed any of its exploits. Want to get the newest android with all the fixes that will came out in 2 weeks? Buy a new phone!

Will check it out, thanks.
The card says A1 on the front side, how could I verify that is actually is??

You have to go back.

Android One phones

The IR blaster works just fine on custom ROMs.
As for the camera I'm sure your pictures will look good enough to post on a trap CD thread on /b/.

It's 4 years right? Time to replace it m8

In any case, it's fixed upstream for the Galaxy S5

Open Camera looks great when you have light. It totally fails in low light situations on the Galaxy S5

so many fucking instructions coming from this thread