Escaping Facebook

Is anyone using Hello.com or FoxSake.com?

Both are apparently the new social network for people interested in privacy and not selling user data.

Attached: hfx.jpg (864x316, 125K)

never heard of either
plus i dont use social networking

>i dont use social networking
>while posting on Jow Forums

nobody's social here

How are they financing their servers?

I don't wanna see the holiday photos of no one

Minds
Diaspora
Mastodon
Gnu Social

Facebook is very aggressive when it comes to applying new datamining tactics, so everything is better than FB. But that doesn't mean anything other than FB is saint.

>Social Media
>Privacy
Pick one.

why do you have to change if all the people you know use Facebook? they sell your data? who doesn't?

>..., for Foxsake.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

I had a friend like that, she would literally take off her pants and start pissing and told us to not look at her...

Just go under a tree not in front of us, obviously we gonna look.

wrong thread?

No, it was on the side of Privacy and Social Media

If you want privacy then don't have a social media account.

What's the point

Oh, I couldn't make the connection
Im retarded, carry on

Not really, if you publish something you should be able to decide who's going to see it (all vs. personal storage vs. selected people+put trust in them). In case of Facebook it's always its datamining machinery. This doesn't need to be the case if cryptography is involved and provider can only see encrypted data. In edge cases provider could not know who your contacts are and not be able to construct your social graph. And obviously not analyzing everything you type. Some logs are always possible such as log in times or connections to servers, you probably can't avoid malicious nodes at all but the underlying protocols and encryption can diminish what malicious node can do.

Social Media also consist of publishing content and getting audience for it. Compare Facebook where you can literally pay thousands of fake accounts to promote your shit with what Minds.com did. Although in case of Minds.com I'm not really sure who hosts all those vids and how they profit from it.

We should all just use Vero

Attached: hellothere.png (1562x516, 110K)

Sorry kid everyone except for tech retards moved on from facebook about 5 years ago. Twitter is the new hip social media platform.

>Both are apparently the new social network for people interested in privacy and not selling user data.
>.com
How cucked are you?

>cucked soyboi uses twitter
>instead of mastodon

>for people interested in privacy

FUCK THOSE PEOPLE

IT'S USUALLY CONSPIRACY THEORISTS AND RACISTS FLOODING THESE PLATFORMS.

I HAVE NO INTEREST IN BEING AROUND THOSE ASSHOLES

Attached: 1521405261500.png (750x1334, 1.62M)

>mastodon
I don't really have the need to circlejerk with weebs and alt-right retards

>Jow Forums

I think she wanted u to look user

mastodon is so trash because it ruins the entire purpose of a complete social network
i dont need self-contained echo chambers

besides, majority of people who use mastodon just use it once every couple of months at best (if they haven't dropped it completely post-2017)

>i dont need self-contained echo chambers
Use any server, or run your own server.
The whole point is that it's federated, and so you're not tied to one server and can interact with people on any, about any topic.
>besides, majority of people who use mastodon just use it once every couple of months at best (if they haven't dropped it completely post-2017)
It's big in Japan. World's biggest mastodon is, AIUI, the one run by pixiv.

since fucking when was social networking a necessity its like people giving you Gatorade every meal

>user wants to be friend with you, accept it?
>yes
>no

no

Use VK.

Attached: 1280px-VK.com-logo.svg.png (1280x1280, 47K)

Facebook has no actual benefit, competitors to a waste of time, are still wastes of time.

No idea. I assume the Hello.com guy is using money he got from selling Orkut to Google.

Yikes. How're they gonna be privacy focused running FB connect?

He started Orkut while he was at Google as a 20% project, to learn C# and Microsoft SQL server. It was a pain to support for years because it didn't run on the standard infrastructure. They finally got it migrated to Mono, so they didn't have to run Windows VMs, but it was still very buggy.

A fun fact; for a long time Orkut's services would respond to the internal "emergency shutdown" commands sent in from the outside. They weren't properly filtering, and anyone could disable nodes with a simple unauthenticated https request.

> A fun fact; for a long time Orkut's services would respond to the internal "emergency shutdown" commands sent in from the outside. They weren't properly filtering, and anyone could disable nodes with a simple unauthenticated https request.

Wow. Not so fun for them. These days all you have to worry about are terabyte scale DDOS attacks :D

What's it look like for the other one?

It would be more accurate to describe Jow Forums as anti-social media.