/spg/ - Smartphone General - KFC edition

It's finger lickin' good!

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Software Recommendations
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/List_of_recommended_Android_software

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones
pastebin.com/eMtwGjJX

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

Previous:

Attached: Huawei-Enjoy-7-Plus-Special-Edition-Commemorative-KFC-Phone-image-2.jpg (960x640, 110K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/oreo-8-1-x-android-source-project-t3768679
forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/help/google-hdr-camera-software-xz1-xz1-t3680723
xda-developers.com/hmd-global-kernel-source-code-some-nokia-phones/
digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/vivo-apex-hands-on-review/
aliexpress.com/item/ChinaMobile-A3S-M653-Snapdragon-425-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-5-2inch-8MP-Android-7/32856717831.html
phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Samsung-Galaxy-S9,Honor-9,OnePlus-5/phones/10716,10544,10501
youtube.com/watch?v=wv0-T1CF_dI
forums.oneplus.net/threads/snapdragon-835-not-all-the-same.553782/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got Ressurection Remix on my XZ1 Compact. If anyone else has this phone now is the time to get a custom ROM. Currently there is only RR and LineageOS, both are stable enough for daily use.

I get better performance and battery life than gimped Sony firmware. I'd highly recommend this phone even in the US as there is fingerprint unlocking as well.

Attached: Screenshot_Settings_20180415-205231.png (720x1280, 82K)

Have you tried GCam?

To the user who had an issue with his screen last thread, an user a few threads ago repaired his screen with a lighter. Apparently, there are YT tutorials so you should check it out

I want the mi max 3

GCam is broken on Lineage based roms.
There is only support for camera2 api on AOSP, not sure about RAW but I think that too, but no HDR+ unless you get an AOSP based ROM.

First for Nokia 7 plus

I hope they release sources. This is my next buy!

is there a sexier phone out there that this?

Attached: img-7.jpg (1457x1279, 280K)

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/development/oreo-8-1-x-android-source-project-t3768679

forum.xda-developers.com/xperia-xz1-compact/help/google-hdr-camera-software-xz1-xz1-t3680723

They finally started releasing kernel sources for their phones, starting with Nokia 1 and 6, the other models should follow.
xda-developers.com/hmd-global-kernel-source-code-some-nokia-phones/

I got my 2 year old One Plus One repaired this week, which OS should I get for it, it's currently running on.
>Oxygen 1.0.0
>Android 5.0.2
Also it randomly crashes but I read that's a battery issue so I dunno. I'll be using it as a daily driver,I don't use many apps on it or play games with it.
Please help /spg/

Attached: 1520572788611.jpg (783x590, 82K)

SultanXDA's LineageOS

any way to automatically update APKs from apkmirror.com or I just have to watch those RSS feeds?

>goat of 2018 is coming and Jow Forums can't see it

Attached: HTC-U12-Full-Specs-List-Leaks-Ahead-Of-Official-Launch.png (800x420, 207K)

I hope it doesnt use outdated parts lel

They should've invested in some sort of clear plastic to match the overall look of the phone,.

What's the best camera app to install on sgs5?
I've tried to install gcam but without success.

>we will never have 100% screen because of faggot selfie camera

Attached: 1523720442-919.png (292x271, 52K)

Thanks dude just installed it, looks good so far never used Lineage on any phone.

Attached: 1490633046708.jpg (804x799, 36K)

I just bought Galaxy A8 2018.
Did I do good?

Xiaomi Mi6

yay or nay?

Depends on how much you paid for it

Yes, look for one called Mi Mix.

now install lineageos with microg its superior

240$

How can people pay more than 500 $ for an android shit phone ?
The iphone has
>the best mobile OS
>by far the most aesthetic form factor and design (state of the art design philosophies from jonathan ive )
>an appstore that isnt filled with pajeet trash level apps
>the longest update cycles
>worldwide support
honestly how can you justify the pricetag of an huawei p20 (which is a disgusting iphone x ripoff by the way) ??

When the fuck is nokia 9 dropping

I want a good android phone that isn't jewsung or jewgle

Which phone around 300$ or less has the best camera? What about Honor 7X?

are there any compact messaging (SMS) apps because my god why do I need to see someones picture and so much wasted space every single message

What about Nokia 8 Sirocco?

Why not make pop out cameras like TVs used to have?

Femanon here

This technology already exists. Check out the Vivo Apex

digitaltrends.com/cell-phone-reviews/vivo-apex-hands-on-review/

Attached: 2XTiiU95YSFtif58nJcsWj-650-80.gif (480x264, 2.39M)

I found the cheapest decent for everyday use chinkphone

aliexpress.com/item/ChinaMobile-A3S-M653-Snapdragon-425-Quad-Core-2GB-RAM-16GB-ROM-5-2inch-8MP-Android-7/32856717831.html

>Snapdragon 425
>Only 16GB storage

Into the trash it goes

Attached: IdiotGeekGirl.jpg (540x720, 60K)

Post your tits whore, or leave this place

Have LineageOS 14.1 on my Z1C can confirm, with this soft there is no reason to upgrade the phone, works like a charm.

when is the release of the Xiaomi redmi note 5 pro

Attached: 1428269511286.jpg (446x373, 65K)

WWYC: Nokia 1 vs. Xiaomi of equivalent price, maybe Redmi A4? Should I trust a Chinese manufacturer? I know that Xiaomi is a big brand there, but Nokia has Android One and they promised 2 years of updates and security, despite being lower in specs. TIA.

its so easy to make your own rom on sony devices
why in the fuck would you use some pajeet's rom instead?

My moto x just broke the other day so looking to get a new one. What would you guys suggest?
>America
>T-mobile
> ~$400 - $500
>headphone jack

not as important would be sd card slot or having a decent case. I do work outside and have dropped my phone a couple times.
Thanks!

Attached: NRiEDaIx.jpg (470x461, 139K)

Tell me how then

Nokia is chinkshit too

xiaomeme is just shilled around here a lot
never buy any of their products
go with the nokia, you get local support and updates

>5 to 5.5 inch LED display
>Front or stereo speakers
>Water resistant
>Decent battery / battery life

Is there such phone?

>best camera around $300
Galaxy S7, maybe Xiaomi Mi Note 3 if it works on your carrier (probably won't it if you're in US)

If you're looking at the Honor 7X you might as well go with Huawei Mate SE, it's the same phone, just with more RAM and storage.

Pixel 2

Thoughts on Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A?
Seems to be great phone for 120$

No point in getting the Note 5A for $120 when you can get the far superior Note 4 for just $20 more, or Redmi 5 Plus for $30 more.

That is price in my country, Redmi Note 4 is 180$ or 60$ more

Android 7.1.2.
>disgusted-white-dog.gif

MiA1 is ok-ish
Even their headphones are good phor the price... damn, I miss my Piston 3 :(

I'd still get the Note 4 (as long as it's not the Mediatek version).

Yes, but the OP was comparing it to Nokia 1, which is ~$100.

Sony anything

Their iems went to shit after that one.
1more still make kinda decent stuff at least.

Nokia 1 has 1 gb ram, 8gb storage and mtk processor..

Only idiot would pick nokia 1 over redmi 5A

Damn, both have huge bezels though.

I'm on nipland for studying. Since I'm a student and also under 25 years old, I can get a student discount. I'm on a fence between picking iPhone 8, Galaxy S8, or Xperia XZ Premium. Which one is the best? They're all about 5000 yen a month. I sorta want to pick iPhone since the camera seems to be the best looking one, but I might be wrong.

On that note, which provider is the best? It seems the most popular ones are Docomo, Au, and Soft Bank.

Attached: 1348164659930.png (206x304, 72K)

convince me not to get an iphone 8

Iphone X

It runs on the Go version of Google apps (which means it uses half the RAM required), no bloat, constant updates vs. some Chinese phone which is already outdated out of the box and never will be updated for this price range. Both have SD card slots.

imo it'd be the best phone in the world technology if you could get it running droid, OSX is worst OS

Doesnt the S8 has a good camera too?

S9. It's 5.8" but physically around the same size as most 5.2" phones, and smaller than regular 16:9 5.5" phones

phonearena.com/phones/size#/phones/size/Samsung-Galaxy-S9,Honor-9,OnePlus-5/phones/10716,10544,10501

It's quite similar, but technically most reviews I've seen said they're all looks great.

The reason why I'm leaning towards iPhone is because of this review youtube.com/watch?v=wv0-T1CF_dI

if you love shots that come out on the warmer side (mainly selfies/portraits which tends to make people look healthier) then yes the iphone
but otherwise you can't go wrong with any of their cameras they're all amazing, i think the deciding factor will be which phone OS+skin you prefer and which feels better in your hand
can't have an opinion on provider, sorry

>mfw I will never have a phone as functional, durable and comfy as my Q10

I used this phone for 4 years, all the while putting up with the dwindling app support. Having the BB10 WhatsApp support pulled out from under the rug finally did it for me, but everything else about it was great, the OS above all else. I've had the KeyOne for a few months now and while I appreciate the fingerprint scanner and the better camera, I still find the phone is ungainly and uncomfortable to carry, one-handed use is out of the question, and Android is a mess compared to BB10, stutters and lags on hardware that is leagues ahead of the Crapdragon S4 the Q10 had. I cannot fathom why people so vehemently defend Android against iOS, both environments seem like two sides of the same coin for me.

Attached: inhand-q10.jpg (700x457, 82K)

Sorry, no tits, but you can have a selfie ;)

Attached: selfie1.jpg (764x1024, 103K)

reminder that xiaomi wifi connectivity is atrocious and gets worse over time, 2 years down the line it will be beyond ridiculously bad
reminder that chink modems aren't as good as their western counterparts
forums.oneplus.net/threads/snapdragon-835-not-all-the-same.553782/

i only wish they released a followup with a more premium build kind of like how a bold felt in comparison to a curve but oh well
same with passport, im shocked they haven't released a new version with android running on it

ultimately in a just world, we would be debating between webOS, BB10, and Winphone, and not ios or android.

how many months of hormone replacement are you in?

I saw that review before I bought my iPhone 8 too. I honestly think the camera quality and the support for apps is enough to pick up an iPhone if you've always had Android. The only downside is battery if you're playing games obviously.

Can you easily jailbreak the modern iOS? My last experience with an Apple product was my iPod touch 4 and I couldn't said that I had a good time pirating shit, unlike with android.

best phone for £100?

Thats awesome
Made me want one... to bad Im poor :(

Someone told me about Tweakbox for installing you know, tweaks and stuff like that without the jailbreak stuff.

moto

you can JB 10.x and 11.0-11.1.x, if its running anything higher you're fucked for the foreseeable future, and then you can't upgrade your OS, so so much for apple's muh updates maymay

I don't think I will play games with it. Seems that you're recommend it, then it sounds good for me, thanks m8.

>tweakbox
Sorta like F-Droid?

As long as I can jailbreak it, it's always good. Not a fan for updates anyway.

whats the go to xiaomi right now? is the 5a any good?

Your transition looks great, Queen B.

what I'm saying is if your phone is a newer manufacture it may have shipped with a higher version of iOS and you're jewed

Fuck. Should I just stick with androids for my cheap ass necessities?

Attached: fucking_eyes.png (306x302, 204K)

It's definitely more versatile.

LOL did you ever try browsing web on android with 1GB of ram??

I already try it at my local store.. that phone is just trash
low screen.. slow processor
just playing in the setting it will lag

if you got maximum budget of under $90 seriously go for redmi 5A..
SD 425
720p
2GB RAM
16GB Storage
3000Mah battery

Dumb question here:
Whats that new/recent Xiaomi with both SIM card and also de slot for the sd card?

Yeah if your battery life isn't a huge concern then the iPhone lasts a good two days of normal phone activities. Of course Android has bigger screens too.

1gb ram is too fucking low even at that price
nu-nokia is chinese too

I do actually, I use a Lenovo A1000. And software is a much more important issue than hardware.

>Lenovo A1000
if you use lenovo A1000 yes you can 'upgrade' to Nokia 1..

Attached: d941b8a5-8301-4f38-8ca6-f6266f7bcded.jpg (1040x585, 62K)

is it worth to pay 40$ more to get the 4gb RAM version over the 3gb verison ?

Attached: Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus.jpg (800x800, 112K)

>buying xiaomi products in 2018
its like you want to waste your $100

nice bait

>t. just ordered a shitmi

RAM itself is only half of the equation. Putting more RAM in a bad OS is not really fixing the problem, only hiding it.

I mean we're already with 8GB android phones and they're still pretty awful.

I want to like HTC, and wanted the U11, but the killed the headphone jack and now they went full me and put that awful notch there

RIP HTC

>budget; $450
what phone to get Jow Forums?

Will the OnePlus 6 be good? Anyone planning on getting it?

Wait for Surface Phone.