I miss the time when mobile phones were big, chunky, had an aerial and some played Snake...

I miss the time when mobile phones were big, chunky, had an aerial and some played Snake, with people rarely having one and not constantly staring down into it's screen.
When computers were used mostly by office people and kids playing games. When being online meant something and wasn't the default state of people.
When people used to actually come together to do things. When the movie you rented had value because you had to go get it yourself or when a movie you wanted to see was on TV and you had to find time to watch it, alone or with friends and wait for the commercial break to go to the toilet to not miss anything. When "playing multiplayer" meant hooking up your friends computers over serial or LAN.

I hate remembering that world and knowing it's never coming back.

Attached: 0.jpg (450x300, 57K)

I like you OP

Attached: 1519690124933.gif (498x594, 97K)

T-Thanks...

>I miss
No you don't

Crts sucked though.

I like how you know what others feel.

It's a cultural problem, not a technological one.

Technological progression is a cultural problem?

That was a rather short period of time. About 10 years? 1995-2005?

That's it, we need to form a colony. Who wants to make the logo?

Topkek
Is it going to be male genitalia shaped to promote the male dominance of the colony?

Those where the days....I can proudly say, I'd a childhood where I played actual games instead of video games.

It was also the height of technological culture

feminine benis

I like all the technology around us today but I don't like the things it's doing to us. Cellphones are fucking great but I don't like how people are staring at them in drive-thrus and at stop-lights, there's always some unintended side effect to cool shit but oh well

Wrong colony.

[citation needed]

bad goy

Is this the new retro thread? OwO

no fuck off

Rude!

Post nostalgia!

Attached: Kf4lCOq.gif (500x632, 392K)

>me in the 80s
Why would I want anybody to call me when I am out of the home or office. I’m busy doing other things

>me now
Holy shit! What if somebody needs to get in touch or there is an emergency, I need my phone on me at all times.

Agree with OP senpai.

Attached: 1523699277540.jpg (732x713, 98K)

Comfy frogposter, based.

Attached: 1470594398410.jpg (1600x1200, 598K)

true
CRTs were literally cancer

Wow, you're nostalgic, who cares.
Get some good friends and you can still have fun like you had in your childhood/teen years

wut
CRTs made computers look alive and fun and not some cold, soulless chinkshit made by robots

I miss my Latitude c610 and doing all the upgrades on it to play Halflife online, was my first serious laptop

I did the same thing with my Lenovo E545 today but I mean those were the golden days, my friends and I would all organize a LAN party and they would bring their rigs and I was like, Dell laptop bitches I'm playing everything max res all eye candy, back when Unreal 99 was still a thing

I don't mind that computers and the web is mundane now, just that there's so much effort to try and make it seem as if its still exciting, which does nothing but frustrate me. Not to mention the cynical manipulation of dopamine release that all these companies employ to encourage this ball-and-chain addiction so many people have these days.

Attached: 1523571142192.png (518x391, 166K)

I'll be waiting for that citation.
Because all tests done indicate it to be a very low source of radiation compared to most technology used in daily life.

At least you got to see that world, OP. I was born in 1993. I was in third grade on 9/11. Facebook, iPhone and Obama all happened before I graduated high school. I'm tired of people talking about memories of better times because I know there's nothing good coming up for people my age. Society died before I was old enough to enjoy it.

Seems like you had a pretty good childhood though
Anything up to 2005 would have been great

I had a rough childhood due to shitty parents, I guess that's why I was always looking forward to having fun as an adult. I will say original Xbox was comfy though. But otherwise I can't remember anything particularly great about being a young child back then. For reference my mom didn't let me get the mail until high school because she was still scared of anthrax and I wasn't allowed to play WoW or read Harry Potter because they were satanic.

Aw shit nigga. No Runescape either?
Man I'm sorry.

I think the whole reason I even stay on this site is in the hope that it'll be just like how it was all those years ago. But that time has passed, and so too has the time where all those old sites I loved were alive and thriving, and not either abandoned or completely dead.

If I was to be honest with myself I'd admit that there's nothing really on the web that interests me any more, and not much in the realms of computers really either because it seems like all the news about them just makes me think "oh fuck. Now what?"

Maybe I should become one of those old people whose relationship with the webs and computers begins an ends at email and a word processor?

Take a break. Enjoy life.

You're mixing like 15 years of cell phones into one time.