/wg/ - Microsoft Windows General

A thread for this lovely OS in which everything works and requires almost no configuration.

Ask questions, help other anons, and share info and news about Windows.

Attached: images.png (384x384, 5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2009/09/microsoft-teaches-best-buy-employees-how-to-troll-linux-users/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

First for GNU + Linux = Debian Master Race

Some facts to get started

Attached: fact1.jpg (736x382, 75K)

>facts
>being this retarded

Now a days, Linux has support for pretty much everything. Only thing it can’t do is accommodate /v/ fags. Even then they can just install a VM.

>everything works and requires almost no configuration.
Linux: just type in sudo apt-get install xf86-input-synaptics and nano /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/70-synaptics.conf to configure. Touchpad works like on Apple MacBook, but without Pinch-to-zoom cancer.
Windows: Every update shits your driver, official driver doesn't work properly, requires tweaking shit in registry, and totally not cool.

No reason to be upset Linux bros, we are part of the same PC-family. Our war is against Mac and other closed platforms. There's no need to fight between us.

retarded people should just stay on windows

In that era it was quite true, 2.6.27 didn't supported my USB-zip-disquette, however BIOS supported it good.

Let me crack my knuckles. To start, I use Google Cloud Platform, a managed Linux environment. Google Chrome on a stick, or Chromebit, is all I fucking need. TIRED OF YOUR SHIT!

Attached: fact2.png (620x400, 181K)

Just 'everything works and requires no configuration' is not true, unless you have Windows installed from factory.
And Mac is IBM-PC compatible indeed. It has fancy EFI... But it doesn't matter.

Attached: fact3.png (620x400, 203K)

this has to be ancient, nowadays GNU/Linux gets these updates (like recent Meltdown + Spectre mitigations) first and effortlessly

>advocating proprietary software that spies on you
I would insult you, but you must be mentally ill to defend a billion dollar corporation for FREE.

It's Windows 7 marketing material

this one is sort of true, not the documentation part of course, it's more hands on but it engages you atleast

Don't take the bait m8... It's an old microsoft FUD campaign for BestBuy employees.

ah ok not worth then, but imagine others stumbling over this preemptively lol

unironically upgraded for paint3d

>unironically
Is this the buzzword of late 2017 - early 2018?

it's been in use for much longer gramps

Should I take the pill and upgrade to the latest build of Windows from LTSB?

What features am I getting if I decide to do so?

>we are part of the same PC-family
so are macs dumbass

linux unironically sucked last decade, but it has been many years since it's on par with memedows. And now that Windows 10 is actively getting rid of legacy software support (including gayms) many linux distros will actually have more features than Windows.

This world is stupid.

arstechnica.com/information-technology/2009/09/microsoft-teaches-best-buy-employees-how-to-troll-linux-users/
Imagine using W7 on a netbook from 2009.

Attached: 1521366365132.jpg (1200x1146, 86K)

Is it normal that this pic makes my dick hard?

>The accused is Raymond Uadiale, 41, a naturalized US citizen of Nigerian descent, who currently works for Microsoft in Seattle since 2014, according to his LinkedIn page.
I wonder if he was a Prince.

Attached: CopyQ.h27469.png (915x236, 47K)

You have a year+ to decide so just sit on that decision until then.