What is the worst GNU+Linux distribution?

What is the worst GNU+Linux distribution?

Attached: Pic-2-285x300.jpg (285x300, 15K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

The one you like the most.

Debian

of the most common ones? probably mint

Because there is no such thing as GNU/Linux, your question is invalid.

mint isn't a distro, just a shit fork

Mint and Ubuntu

anything shipping Gnome

Mint and Manjaro are both poorly maintained.

Ubuntu, debian, fedora, other bloatware

they forget the whole fucking point of linux, which is to make an extremely fast minimalist lightweight OS
if you use them you might as well use fucking windows 7

>which is to make an extremely fast minimalist lightweight OS
According to who?

most distro creators think so
if that was not the whole point of linux then everybody would just stick to fucking windows and call it a day.

Fedora = Red Hat RAT for euphoric Ubuntu refugees
Ubuntu = Spyware
Manjaro = excuse me, what's the time?
Arch = broken bloat by design
Debian = didn't care about the users and went full systemd
Mint = Hacked together frankendebian
Alpine = computing for cripples
Slackware = where's my package manager?
Antergos = I heard you like bloat so I put bloat into your bloat
Manjaro = hey antergos, what's the time?
Manjaro = is anyone there?
Manjaro = pls respond

>if that was not the whole point of linux then everybody would just stick to fucking windows and call it a day.
You act like Windows is some kind of default. Have you considered that GNU+Linux may be better for tasks than Windows?
There is no specific point to the Linux kernel, it is versatile. You can use it however you want. There is no directive to be lightweight or minimal.

>You act like Windows is some kind of default
It is, wangblows has the os market share by the balls.
>Have you considered that GNU+Linux may be better for tasks than Windows?
Only two things
1.being a lightweight, fast booting, minimalistic desktop/internet browsing machine
2.a lightweight server

Everything else? windows does it better.

Attached: 1522572054779.jpg (758x698, 96K)

The most retarded post on Jow Forums.

Eat shit nigger, none of the shit i've said was false or inaccurate.

Attached: 1520390513443.png (648x182, 5K)

>Alpine = computing for cripples
Fuck off, we're the literal master race

Yes it is. Firstly windows having a large userbase doesn't make it a default in any way. Secondly, the only thing windows does better than GNU+Linux is play games and that is stupid anyway.

>Firstly windows having a large userbase doesn't make it a default in any way
this is where you're wrong, 99% of people know what windows is yet never heard or barely heard about linux
>the only thing windows does better than GNU+Linux is play games and that is stupid anyway.
no, again, the only thing linux has over windows is the lesser size and hardware usage making it a better server and and even better browser machine.
you can't do something better than windows if you don't even have the software to do that something.

but come on feel free to name some things that linux does better than windows.

Fuck, in fact, 90% of linux users are privacy concerned faggots and if one day windows stopped spying on it's users, linux would use 99.99% of it's user base

Attached: 1522825161972.jpg (500x500, 26K)

The one you don't like

embarrassing

Again, none of the shit i'm saying is wrong or inaccurate.
prove otherwise retard.

>manjaro doesn't know what time it is
idgi

Arch

If 99% of people didn’t know 1+1=2, does that make the equation wrong?

Any “fork” of a major distro (eg. Debian, Fedora, openSUSE, etc.) that simply adds new default programs and a new wallpaper. They’re unnecessary, bloated, and usually die within a year. Even worse, some have communities that honestly believe the distro is something special. This includes crunchbang, antegros, linux mint, and god knows what else.

>this is where you're wrong, 99% of people know what windows is yet never heard or barely heard about linux
That doesn't make it a default.
>but come on feel free to name some things that linux does better than windows.
Anything programming related, anything browser related, anything audio/visual related to name a few. Everything is better, really.

They told users to set back their system clocks to accept out of date packages.

didn’t they do it twice?

I think so.

>Anything programming related
Yeah that's why most IDEs work better on windows and you faggots are still stuck with stone age shit vi and literally begging notepad++ to be ported to linux?
>anything audio
Yeah that's why FL studio and ableton, two of the most basic, well known DAWs don't exist on linux?
>visual
Linux doesn't even have adobe suite.

Attached: 1519319345916.jpg (670x447, 84K)

>you don't use [inadequate software that I am accustomed to]? It must be bad!
The state of windows users.

This

>begging notepad++ to be ported to linux
How out of touch are you?

he's bating

Manjaro and Mint are probably the worst:
Manjaro are bad at handling security updates, and have fucked up majorly in the past asking users to change their system clocks to accept new pgp keys/certificates.
Mint withholds some vital kernel updates from the user by default and using updates the Mint devs do not recommend can brick your system.

Attached: distro_comparison.png (631x300, 139K)

Void should stay in front of debian on that picture

Somewhere between Red Hat and Debian (and therefore ubuntu)

>Yes it is. Firstly windows having a large userbase doesn't make it a default in any way.

Your logic is flawed, re-assigning the meanings of words is a cognitive disorder.

New computers ship with windows os, unless they have a proprietary os (apple, chromebooks etc). The majority ship with windows, therefore it *is* the default.

Attached: 1522171928625.jpg (706x706, 32K)

>he's never tried to dev on windows
>he doesn't care about FOSS

> Arch = broken bloat by design
Wait, isn't the point of Arch supposed to be that it's lightweight?

it's lightweight possibilities, with some interesting ways that it can easily be bloated. Like how optional packages aren't always optional. Or AUR.

I'm on arch btw, big fan, it's just that I know this could be more lightweight. No h8.

>therefore it *is* the default.
On those machines, yes. In general? No. It is retarded to think there is a default OS.

Arch is lightweight, it's just a bunch of kids with a hateboner for it because of its popularity who spread the idea that it's bloated.

Those machines are the over-arching majority.

Your little brain doesn't work correctly, someday you may score a job & you will wake up to a reality you choose not to accept.

Do you even know what default means?

I prefer the term GNU + l***x

a preselected option adopted by a computer program or other mechanism when no alternative is specified by the user or programmer.

New machines don't have a default option to install gentoo.

This is the stupidest post I've seen here in a while

So now you see why saying a default OS exists is retarded.

How so?

The retard is arguing about the "whole fucking point of Linux" but can't provide anything to support this "point" other than his own opinion. It's retarded.

I didn't say what you quoted. Linux was written originally as just a component for Linus' OS. No goal of being lightweight. But to act like there exists an explicit goal for software is retarded, as that goal is tied to the user or developer, not the software itself. Software can have any number of applications, regardless of any expressed goal.

Every machine comes with an out of the box with an installed OS. You can pretend that's not the case if you want to though.

Are you also a flat earther?

>Every machine comes with an out of the box with an installed OS.
Even if that were true, there would still be no default OS.

Umm, they do & it is.

Sorry it doesn't mesh with your values.

Continue to be retarded and unable to understand the concept of a default.

Wait are you the same retard because the "the whole fucking point of Linux" retard wasn't saying what you're saying now. He was talking about some shared purpose of linux to be lightweight and shit which is of course not true since everyone just uses it how they see fit and it's being developed as a very general purpose kernel.

The point of linux is FREEDOM you faggot.

You quoted my post here () saying it was stupid. Was that a mistake?

That wasn't me faggot. Are you new? Do you think everyone named "Anonymous" is the same person?

That's wrong. Turning back the system clock was a suggested workaround to access the forums which had an expired SSL certificate.

Ok, then explain how a default loaded os with no preshipped software option to install another os isn't default.

Then why did you jump in to something that doesn't involve you?

It is made the default only on a machine designated by the manufacturer once installed. That doesn't make it the default in general, just specifically.

But linux is nonfree user.

nice dub trips mate

Ubuntu I guess, unstable shit.

I'm sure there are more people who could be better with Linux

Attached: poo.jpg (478x457, 27K)

Yes, grasshopper... welcome to the land of reason.

WSL, since it uses only GNU and says Linux.

the real question is, which is the best?

Any, that works on your machine.

>arch is bloated
t. actually idiot

fedora is a fork of debian

>yum
>apt
>fork
kek

It is newfag.

lists.archlinux.org/pipermail/arch-general/2015-July/039443.html

fug

Who gives a fuck about this guy's opinion. Most of his projects are Rust.

Arch

Your linux distro most likely uses non free blobs
shut the fuck up