How much do you spend a month on a VPS anons?

I spend about 1 euro a month on just a basic VPS from aruba cloud to run my personal website.

Attached: image001-300x188.png (300x188, 81K)

9,67 €
40 GB SSD KVM pic related

Attached: 1.png (719x139, 8K)

15 USD on 4 small Vultr Alpine instances.

I would spend more but mine just runs a personal website and a php script that lets my upload screenshots to it using sharex

Crank that swappiness, lad.
You're running short on cache.

Attached: 1523088907758.jpg (436x410, 40K)

$5/month

NY based VPS

$25 a month for 200gb hdd, dual core @ 2.4ghz, 3gb ram, and it's KVM, not openvz.

i know i could get this for half the price elsewhere, but reason it's expensive is because it's unmetered 1gbps, most vps are either 100mbit or metered 1gbit networks, some that claim are unmetered 1gbit, but throttle you down to 100mbit after awhile.

Attached: QPHSy96.png (147x429, 7K)

I get metered(1tb monthly) 1gbps promised but in actuality I see 2000-3000mbps+ during off peak hours.

yeah, that extra speed would be nice for me, but, i use 1tb in 2-3days, I'm using up to 14tb a month, so like I said, I pay the premium, haven't found another vps host who lets me hit that usage at 1gbps without paying a lot more in extra bandwidth fees, and rarely drop below 800mbit up/down, some 1gbit port vps I was getting 350mbit depending on the day and never broke 650mbit despite being promised 1gbit dedicated, most people probably don't care.

who is your vps host?

Attached: Gx6FdG4.png (210x59, 5K)

Digital Ocean hosted in NYC so there is a metric fuckton of bandwidth available. Though during peak hours it will occasionally drop to around 500mbps.

I'm mainly using my VPS to avoid my ISPs shitty peering, youtube and Netflix are unwatchable during evening hours with my ISP and their normal peering routes, but shunting traffic through my VPS in New York alleviates the congestion instantly.

I usually am only using 200-300gb a month, well below the 1tb limit.

Any UK-hosted dedi servers people here can recommend?

Kimsufi has cheap servers in france

have you by any chance load tested the server? how much web traffic could a small VPS handle?

I mainly use it to host my personal website but speedtest.net can give anywhere from 1gbit off peak to 500mbit on peak.

Tree euros fiddy cents, well, actually it's €3,49.

Few hundred euro per month on hetzner.

I don't host anything the in united states of soyboy's, hence I avoid garbage like aws or digitalocean.

what do you want to host?
if you server static files there are very little limits.
20k visitors ramming you 24/7, nginx, small 512mb vps is not a problem. so ask you question again.

amazon aws is free if you're running something small

(((free)))

back to hackernews.
also, it's harder to understand aws shitty ui, billing etc than doing taxes. when you reach the (((limits))) they milk you empty.

>hetzner
not into US botnet but into GER botnet.
Use extravm

>extravm
seriously suggesting some "gaming server" as an alternative?

$15 a month for a dedicated 2012 xeon 8 core server

>not hosting it static via s3 or github.

That's not a VPS, thats a PS