ARCH is the way to go when it comes to linux...

ARCH is the way to go when it comes to linux. it offers deep configuration which force you to actually learn how your os works. not having an installer is good, it both serves as an initial hurdle to keep tech illiterates at bay and offers you the greatest possible way to configure to get a minimal and fast operating system.
literally the only distro that matters. you might as well stay on wangblows if you use any other distro since all you do is holding back progress for the rest of us

inb4 impotent plebuntu rage

Attached: arch.png (2000x2000, 137K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many
voidlinux.eu/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I'm waiting for the timesink meme posts and xorg config breaking posts like every one of these threads get.

Never had xorg break, dumb meme heads

Install Debian just werks

nigga pls

Attached: Void_Linux_logo.svg.png (1200x989, 62K)

The only thing that matters is that Arch has the best repo. That's it. No other reasons necessary.
Maybe if you really care about systemd, use void, but otherwise use Arch.

A thread died for this

A thread died for this.

I am an illiterate at linux, just installed Lite Linux. Now I am thinking of jumping to Arch. Is that a good idea?

Yes
There are plenty of gui installers you can use if you don't like command line

Attached: mylittlevoid.png (1920x1080, 75K)

A thread died for this.
t. Arch user

so some dude made a stupid theme for void. What is your point?

The devs are well known ponyfuckers.

>amd64 only
trash tier

because they included ponysay in the official repos? It's included on gentoo as well. Does that make the gentoo devs ponyfuckers too?

Yes, that's why i use LFS

>not using a distro because a package is in the repos
ok

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1492638431480.jpg (470x313, 14K)

SystemD/Arch/GNU+Linux?

HANNAH MONTANA is the way to go when it comes to linux. it offers deep configuration which force you to actually learn how your os works. not having an installer is good, it both serves as an initial hurdle to keep tech illiterates at bay and offers you the greatest possible way to configure to get a minimal and fast operating system.
literally the only distro that matters. you might as well stay on wangblows if you use any other distro since all you do is holding back progress for the rest of us

inb4 impotent plebieber rage

>not modifying it thoroughly

I recommend like Antergos for this.

gnu.org/gnu/gnu-linux-faq.html#many

Arch is great, just don't update.

It installs so nicely, only takes 4hrs.

And wow is there ever so much to do with it!

>2k18
>relying on distributions.

>just don't update
What did he mean by this?

Attached: 1515834896453.jpg (288x358, 46K)

I use both Arch and Void. Arch on my x86_64 machines and Void on my ARM machines.

Bro, do you even arch?

Updating has broken many packages recently.

Name just a couple.

>systemd

Attached: 1296002963715.jpg (400x484, 48K)

nice

Attached: sock.png (223x250, 90K)

That was an April fools joke.
voidlinux.eu/news/2018/04/my-little-void.html

LOL last time it broke Python, systemd and fucked my kernel. I had to recover it.

Now I just don't update unless I have to and I do one package at a time. Surely they got better but this was a few months ago.

Arch is good but not user friendly and not for normes.

Literally the worst posters on this board.

I can tell you don't know what you're talking about because you're not being specific with what problems developed. Basically, stick to Ubuntu

still better than the devs being furries like the palememe devs
yes you could argue that bronies are furries, but i disgree

No, Richard, it's 'Linux', not 'GNU/Linux'. The most important contributions that the FSF made to Linux were the creation of the GPL and the GCC compiler. Those are fine and inspired products. GCC is a monumental achievement and has earned you, RMS, and the Free Software Foundation countless kudos and much appreciation.

Following are some reasons for you to mull over, including some already answered in your FAQ.

One guy, Linus Torvalds, used GCC to make his operating system (yes, Linux is an OS -- more on this later). He named it 'Linux' with a little help from his friends. Why doesn't he call it GNU/Linux? Because he wrote it, with more help from his friends, not you. You named your stuff, I named my stuff -- including the software I wrote using GCC -- and Linus named his stuff. The proper name is Linux because Linus Torvalds says so. Linus has spoken. Accept his authority. To do otherwise is to become a nag. You don't want to be known as a nag, do you?

>no firewall by default
>no MAC without using a custom kernel and installing apparmor or SELinux enabled packages from AUR cancer (e.g. not officially supported)
DROPPED
Use NixOS or Gentoo. Or if you don't want to configure things yourself, use openSUSE tumbleweed

>has ponies
>but no systemd
Still better than Arch

kys reddit

Was 6 months ago. I updated with pacman. Didn't work out.

Fuck lubuntu it doesn't do what arch does, which is provide a fast loading, headless server and music box in my garage. As I said, you have to be careful updating arch.

Go ahead, use pacman to do a global update. See you in 8hrs.

this

>nixos
>not superior GuixSD

>tfw Jow Forums can't tell I used an installer to install Arch
>tfw Arch fags got told

Attached: 2018-04-15-154150_1746x1740_scrot.png (1746x1740, 493K)

Imagine actually using your distro of choice and not worrying what someone else says?

Attached: thonk.png (680x680, 401K)

user, this is your mom here. Should I cancel your meetings? I heard Xorg was broken again.

What's the current Jow Forums irc channels?
I got the main 3 but where's the desktop thread guys at?

I like binary blobs that allow my hardware to work, thank you very much

>LOL last time it broke Python, systemd and fucked my kernel.
Sure it did, buddy. Seems like you just don't know enough about what you're doing, especially since your problems are about as vague as they come. There's always Mint.

>Go ahead, use pacman to do a global update.
You mean that thing that people do all the time without incident, for years on end?

>Alienware
You've made no effort to hide that you're underage.

I'm not underage, I'm over 30.

OF COURSE YOU FUCKING DUMB BITCH! NOW GO MAKE ME THOSE TENDIES, I AM STARVING FOR LIKE TWO HOURS!!!

Oh, and take the piss bottles to the trash, ok?

Jordan has been on Jow Forums probably since you've been in diapers, my dude.

gentoo

If I'm gonna invest all my time setting up my distro I expect it not to then break on it's own. For that reason Slackware > Arch pic
Pic related

Attached: slackpenguinlogo.jpg (655x771, 45K)

why did everyone fall for such obvious bait

Well adjusted and successful people with jobs and family use Windows 10/OSX because they aren't a sperg who has hours to tinker with computers while waiting for mommies tendies.

Nice LARP.

Manjaro

this. one month after antergos installation i tried the arch install following a guide. it's not hard as it seems and after two years i never had a problem

>Does that make the gentoo devs ponyfuckers too?

Attached: jose-mourinho-ironic-smile.jpg (768x432, 57K)

Attached: pep.jpg (620x342, 14K)

I actually installed Arch today. (I'm actually posting from a SystemRescueCD live enviroment right now because it is fucked up in multiple ways and I can't get it to run long enough to look up stuff in the wiki in order to fix it--I have learned alot though)

btw I've used linux for 10+ years and used arch off and on in those years but they got rid of the nice installation guide and now I am verfluked

which installer did u use?

Is Linux arch really worth installing? I'm currently using mint and was wondering if the switch would be worthwhile or a complete waste of time.

>hurr durr forces you to learn how your OS works
no, what it forces you to do is learn some commands that'll make your thing "werk" without you actually knowing what the fuck it actually does or how and why it works with the rest of the system.

Double that.
The only binary distro that's not shit. (even though not perfect. Where is my MUSL version of TeXlive? Where is my 64-bit wine?)

I'm surprised you got it installed with the installers because they're all fucking garbage or force some meme themes and snowflake packages.
Architect Linux used to be the best but now it's outdated as shit and does not even work. Anarchy is also trash now, forces those dumb as fuck themes and also breaks if you try to install a certain DE with it (I can't remember which one but it fails to execute a pacman -S command and just tells you to fuck off)
The rest of them are trash not worthy of mention, it's literally easier to just follow Arch's guide than to use those god forsaken scripts.
Still, my favorite meme is:
>I'm gonna make a rolling distro installer / install script and not update it after I get bored of it!

>Implying Stallman isn't the very definition of a redditor

>implying you're better because you can install arch

btw i use arch

>be me
>W7 fag
>follow a bunch of instructions from a bunch of different sources, mostly YT videos
>learn what commands do
>succesfully install twice and can maintain it without help now
step it up senpai
if a literal newfag can do it so can you

I'm trying to do full disk encryption (with swap and /tmp using /dev/urandom as a keyfile)
My main problem though is that it "soft hangs" for 30 seconds at a time (even when I'm only running tmux at the command line--so it's not something big taking up resources) So I'm thinking it's something (like microcode) that I need to install (even though I have AMD and it says I don't need microcode) or maybe an irq problem

as someone that's using ubuntu (used to use windows 10) and enjoying themselves, why should I care about systemd?

Installed Debian in that hope. Tried to mount networkshare on boot. Didn't wait for network to be initiated causing mount to fail. -> uninstall debian. Identical fstab has worked for me in Arch and ubuntu but not in debian. Tried even two different debian releases. "Just werks" bullshit

You shouldn't.

Anarchy. In the end it didn't boot but I just had to fix grub myself

What about the cum bottles, honey?

>cum bottles
>not cum on the already cum encrusted yellowish white thinkpad directly

>more packages = better
Jow Forums bait tactic, the OS is deeply flawed:
>Male alienation as proto-soy affect
>Appeals to emasculated, isolated wanting virgins
>80s neo /v/eddit video game aesthetic
>Systemd
>dishonest user repositories
>Pseudokino affectations (to arouse the sub 115 IQ Distrowatch population)
The installation process defragments capeshit meta narrative as means to the soy psyche, its run time is self conscious whilst its aesthetic laid imbued with post apple futurism as soy affect, no doubt misapproriated by vileueve sycopants who rush to middle brow estrogen-as-suburban-culture enabled by 'pacman -S to install' ADHD. IN truth they're simply dopamine whores for kinesthetic simulation in proto desktop imagination and miasma as perpetriatic post iphone consciousness.

>Pseudokino affectations
wat

i installed arch like 4 times and it's absolute shit. It's only good if you prefer spending all the time ricing it like an underaged autist,instead of beeing productive and use your computer for actuall work.

>It installs so nicely, only takes 4hrs.

pleb

Truth hurts don't it desu

Tryhard pretentious faggotry in plainer english.

the definition of meme distro lol

Fuck off faglet

Attached: arch_users.jpg (991x1184, 76K)

This post is nothing but inane usage of buzzwords

Welcome to /tv/.

> offers deep configuration which force you to actually learn how your os works.

lol fucking lies , not even an LFS and BLFS teach you how your OS works, they only way its to inspect the kermel and learn to use the files inside /proc directly to really have an understanding. Arch is fucking easy for any sysadmin. The reason I use arch is simply because comes without shit.

This

Attached: neofetch201804141057062559_0.png (1366x768, 498K)

gentoo takes 4hrs,arch takes 20 mins

Nice bait :')
Since when arch is considered a decent os? Enjoy your systemdick and broken packages every update

>systemd
Install Gentoo with openrc like a true gnu/Chad instead of being a cock monger

Hi Jordan, u r a fag

>it offers deep configuration
yes, because that's what I need, spending weeks trying to set basic stuff into movement is exactly how I want to spent my short life