Is there anything better than this beauty at its price point?

Is there anything better than this beauty at its price point?

Attached: 0117055428.png (800x707, 178K)

>12hrs of playback

Attached: 1381272681573.png (238x217, 70K)

I have that one
It's OK I guess
Software quality is the usual chinkshit stuff
Output is noisy/hissy.

All of these DAPs have similar playback times, no clue why they last such a shitty amount of time.

Because the amplifier suck fuckloads amount of energy. They run hot even.
And maybe the soc too, they all run on some chink mips soc.

Hissy? Well fuck that then.

Why not use your phone with a USB DAC?

Clunky.
I mean in the sense that there will be something hanging out of your phone.

I have a Cowon Plenue D; which has 96 hours of playback.

Other companies are just being lazy.

>spending shitloads on a dedicated portable music player
Talk about retarded

Attached: dogkek.jpg (804x805, 75K)

You have to be 18 or older to post here.

Are Sansa Clips not still the best choice? I still have mine, going strong for the last 7 years.

Nah, I have better uses for my money. I have a phone that plays music you see, so I spend my money on other things than a meme portable music player.

Just use your phone lol

They never were the "best" choice. They the cheap choice.

Dirt cheap, even.

/pmp/ thread

Attached: Shanling-M2-DAP-Hifi-Music-Player-DSD-192kHz-32bit-Lossless-FLAC-MP3.jpg (800x800, 691K)

That one uses a all in one codec chip, like the stuff used in phones (but simpler). The chip is a DAC+amp combo.
These things suck less power compared to discrete amp circuitry found in most other mid/high end DAPs.
Sony kinda does something similar, but they use their own discrete class D amp chip.

They are near extinction. They were never that good anyway, but back in 2011 they're great for $50.

I had that one too.
Software is pretty shitty.
Short battery life.
Runs hot.
High OI.

It’s just great to not spend your phone’s battery on music. Also to have a decent DAC/Amp wherever you go.

Some of these can even be used as dedicated DAC/Amps on PCs with a specific mode.

Attached: s-l640.jpg (640x447, 21K)

I have access to a phone charger most places I go and even when I don't I often carry my portable charger with me. Battery on my phone is literally never an issue. I can't fathom why you would spend inordinate amounts of money on portable audio quality when you most likely won't be comfortable enough to appreciate the quality anyway.

All of the things shown so far were entry level DAPs. They’re nowhere near crazy audiophile territory of prices.

They're lower mid range.
Entry ones are cheaper.