/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, user?

Previous thread:

Attached: 144.png (2015x2204, 704K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mentalhelp.net/
lrrpublic.cli.det.nsw.edu.au/lrrSecure/Sites/Web/mychangingworld/my_changing_world/lo/3277/3277_01.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

too early cunt

not early enough
>anime
hi. thank you

Attached: remember - no objects.png (1280x720, 1.26M)

Rust is a programming language, prove me wrong

I love naime.

Attached: 1523195663679.png (372x343, 198K)

you got me.

extremely british man is so proportional

mna give interviewees bresenham algorithm instead of fizzbuzz from now on

spj is a giant and basically you're just a manlet

Attached: haskalman transparent.png (1920x1080, 1.24M)

I can see that pit stain from the thumbnail

>tfw using gruvbox light mode
I didn't know light themes were this comfy. It's actually much easier on my eyes when switching back and forth between code and documentation. The sad part is, I don't look like a hacker anymore.

that's shadow you baka

Attached: 1488494056684.jpg (534x566, 33K)

thank you for posting an anime related image.

yeah right

>not using manpages
>not browsing online/html docs with w3m.
>not using emacs.

xD

>getting drafted, low chance of dodging military service
>will spend a year in the russian army
>afraid that when i come back i'll have forgotten everything about programming

Is this a reasonable fear?
Does anyone have experience being away from the craft for a long period of time? How was it?

Attached: 1492973629229.jpg (127x103, 3K)

your PNG is now optimized

Attached: 33.png (2015x2204, 198K)

>implying Rust has manpages
>implying w3m supports JavaScript
>implying emacs is better than vim

i'm vlado from croatia and i have been in the same situation
don't worry about it

Russia has 1 year mandatory service?

imagine if USA had that.

>implying Rust isn't a software project
>implying w3m is not a browser
>implying vim is better than emacs

It's only mandatory if you're not in higher education any time between 18 and 27 years old. I dropped out like a retard.

>removing the soul from the image

russia only does do infantry?
You have no choice of a programming role?

why not get one of those extensions for your browser that make the background dark and text light?

>can't tell the difference in naked eye

The original picture didn't had a soul

won't matter
you'll die in syria
and russian news will say you weren't part of russia's military but a mercenary

if somehow you get lucky and dont die, no, you'll be just fine. You'll have to re-learn some specifics, syntax, libraries, but otherwise learning to program is like learning to ride a bike, IME.

wrong it had a soul and its name was roli

mentalhelp.net/

There's an option to be in some comms related shit, but it's not an option for me anymore. But it's basically infantry plus additional work.
For actual cool shit they recruit themselves from high tier schools and universities.

I don't think they send random dudes with zero training to Syria or Ukraine. If that is the case then sue me, I'm not going.
I have a friend who's been to Syria, actually. Barely older than me, already a proper veteran. That life ain't me.

I tried, but those extensions work like crap. It only works on the most basic websites like Wikipedia.
Anyway, I'm happy with my light theme.

Attached: roli.png (73x85, 12K)

>
>

Attached: roli.png (73x85, 15K)

why aren't you in school tho

>added 3KB

does it even have a difference? I thought pngcrush was lossless and worked by finding better compression dictionaries or something.

Does anyone know of a method that can check for a certain shape?

Say I have a list of points and I want to check if they adhere to a shape so I can reject a measurement if it does not make sense.
I don't know how to describe it, so I made this picture, if you know a term I can search for, please let me know.

Attached: shape_check.png (536x261, 13K)

Convex hull?

Attached: book.jpg (333x499, 27K)

i didn't use pngcrush.

pic related

Attached: ffff.png (73x85, 5K)

Dropped out of a computer science course in a good uni. Regrets starting to kick in right about now.

Attached: ![140]1363988232201.gif (500x385, 494K)

I wish I could go to a real university instead of the community college hell on earth. Going to graduate with a useless computer programming associates degree at 26.
Four semesters and I've had 2 classes that actually required programming. What a fucking joke.
One math class, intermediate algebra. It was difficult because high school was a long time ago and I didn't even take past algebra 2 back then.
I imagine you actually write lots of code and go beyond the basics of syntax, objects, search and sort algorithms in a real school right?

Attached: 1522585522645.png (624x950, 705K)

I have reached the point in my career where i have to fuck around with C, do i just go wild with emacs/vim+gcc or i have to know something else first?

Depending on what you want it can become really fucking complicated. Do all the points have lines? do you have to place the lines or does the input have the lines placed?

Convex hull isn't quite what he's going for because the star isn't convex.

try to transfer credits to a real uni, fagit

>graduating with an associates
finish up a ba at a university you baka.

>going to college because social norms dictate so

if the employers ask, say you didn't have money and just work on a good portfolio

I genuinely don't get america's community college system

optipng ?

>Achievement Unlocked: Baby's First Steps

what point is that?

phD?

So what are you doing? setting the least significant bit to 0?

>going to college to delay the wagecuck life a little longer
ftfy

Never had to go low level before.

Driver development.

if you're good you don't need to apply for jobs.
They came to you.

My parents are dead so really I'm lucky to have a chance to go to any school at all. Even if I got accepted to real school I'd have no way to move my things there, you can't live in dorms year round so I would need to some how also find a full time job and transition from here(free rent in a half way house) to there, and basically it would just be impossible to practically pull off.
I've wanted to go to college my whole life but learning from one four foot three five hundred pound SJW female who only wants to teach SQL and gets off on making things arbitrarily hard was not what I had in mind. 80% of her test questions are about the UI of whatever IDE.
They're just smaller schools that only offer up to a two year degree, and some times certifications. Usually one in each county. They rarely have dorms. Mine is extremely bad. There is only one "computer" teacher, and in my classes we're down to 4 kids.

What kind of drivers? You can do some in a high level language like C#

>go to college
>drop out
>go to college
>drop out
>Okay fine, I'll study programming, god
>tfw 27 years old and never had a real job

>you don't need to do X, just be an autistic savant github master who has been coding since elementary, haha

This is Jow Forums's version of just beeing yourself

I don't fucking want a job!
How hard is that to understand ?

>My parents are dead so really I'm lucky to have a chance to go to any school at all. Even if I got accepted to real school I'd have no way to move my things there, you can't live in dorms year round so I would need to some how also find a full time job and transition from here(free rent in a half way house) to there, and basically it would just be impossible to practically pull off.
tough shit mate, better make the best of it - just do enough to keep decent grades and increase your chances of employment (learn relevant skills on your own, prep for looking for internships ahead of time, etc)
also, budget a bit of time to build a social support network, seems like you're living life on hard mode

just die already then

nice fallacy.

better get ready for academia-tier office politics then

Most of the driver won't be in C it's just a small part that also include some inline assembler.

Well the points are ordered, I drew the lines because then it makes visual sense.
An example of the rejected would be where one tip "overlaps" another tip, but it could be so many things.
I already check if a tip overlaps another tip, so my false positives are not as bad as my example, but since I am running it on live data, anything can happen and it is hard to reproduce.
Simply storing samples and doing it offline removes problems.

what's the actual domain problem that's requiring such an algorithm?

Computer vision

this for a college programming assignment, isn't it?

Whats a social support network?
Also I'm in a rural town so no such thing as an internship. I only really have transportation to the college. I did some bullshit internship at the college where I manned the help desk but the phone didn't ring once the 4 months I was there.
I was just planning to apply all over the country when I graduate, leave my stuff here with a friend(i have exactly 1!), go take the job and be homeless until my first paycheck, and then take it from there.

>implying all universities are like the U.S.
dumb nigger.

A way to check for a star would be to check that the lines don't overlap and that points alternate between convex and concave (past a certain angle, to check for "sharpness").

more specifically?

>implying tribal apes in rapefugeeland are different than the tribal apes in corpcuckland

>you can't live in dorms year round
at my school you were able to. They were priced about the same as shitty apartments though. Difference being that they were on campus instead of in the ghetto.

Might wanna consider the military though. You'll have to enlist because no ba but you might be able to become an engineer in the military and get your school payed for.

Who ever though GCC should implement inline assembly as fucking string literals instead of a block (like MSVC does) needs a 30 meter vibrating dildo penetrating him from mouth to anus with sonic speed.

No, I'm the guy who programmed the tomahawks we fired at Syria last night

got fight that fight for Israel

>Whats a social support network?
lrrpublic.cli.det.nsw.edu.au/lrrSecure/Sites/Web/mychangingworld/my_changing_world/lo/3277/3277_01.htm
>I was just planning to apply all over the country when I graduate, leave my stuff here with a friend(i have exactly 1!), go take the job and be homeless until my first paycheck, and then take it from there.
It's a plan.
Swing by Jow Forumscscareerquestions and they might be able to be less than useless.

70% got shot down
you fucked up

int square(int i) {
asm("mov %rdi, %rax\n\t"
"imul %rax, %rax\n\t");
}

I can get tuition payed for no problem with all kinds of programs. There's just no way to pay for living without also working full time which I would be unable to do because I can barely do just school.
Also can't get into the military because I have a history of IV drug use.
I will check that out. I just want to be a code monkey for like at least $1600 a month.

>AT&T syntax
Disgusting

I am doing an inspection of a hand. My algorithm finds a lot of POI (finger tips, joints, gaps etc) and then constructs a model of the hand from a single image.
A lot of things can go wrong, so I reject poor estimates along with estimates of other objects.
I want to improve the way I reject images, because simply comparing directions of the finger vectors for overlap and checking the length of the fingers is not good enough.

Use Deep learning
More nvidia GPU USA buy, more non-jews killer.

Sounds like you need proper CV knowledge.
/dpt/ wouldn't be my first choice.

My professor doesn't work on weekends.

I did bad!

Check if the lines cross not the "tips".

That's pretty good really.

you can't get student loans? If you can get tuition payed for, you'll be getting like 20k a year tops in debt for only two or three years. And that's without working a summer job or maybe a part time gig. If you are in college you'll be able to get an internship that pays like 20 or 25 an hour.

>he doesn't #include in his vectors

testfile.txt
{1, 2, 3},
{4, 5, 6},
{7, 8, 9}

file.c
int main()
{
int normals[3][3] = {
#include "testfile.txt"
};
int i,j;
for(i=0;i

not what I meant

that's FUCKED

>he doesn't just mixin at compile time

My very first implementation of mergesort, please be gentle:
#include
#include "nigger.h"

#undef merge
static void merge(int A[], int left, int split, int right);
#undef push
static void push(int x);
#undef pop
static int pop(void);

void msort(int A[], int left, int right)
{
if (left == right) {
return;
}
int split = (left + right) / 2;

msort(A, left, split);
msort(A, split + 1, right);
merge(A, left, split, right);
}

static void merge(int A[], int left, int split, int right)
{
int i = left;
int j = split + 1;

while ((i

>implementing your own fixed size stack
Why the fuck wouldn't you just use recursion?

Community college provides two types of education. Usually any one college will specialize in one type of education, or only offer the one type of education. Those are:
Vocational
Liberal Arts (in the traditional sense)

Then schools that specialize in the latter, they usually offer different liberal arts programs that either prepare you to go directly into the work force, with a liberal arts degree saying, "I am a bit more educated than someone with just a high school degree," or a program custom-tailored to satisfy liberal arts requirements at the states' colleges (so then you'd be taking primarily classes related only to your major once you transfer to the state college).

Sounds fucked. In my country good and bad colleges give the same classes and the same degrees, the only difference is the good schools usually have better teachers and better connections to tech companies.

msort() already uses recursion, and for merge() I just thought hey, lets use stack

Nah I don't think I can get student loans unless they're federal. My credit score is as low as humanly possible it's like 450 or something. And of course no co-signer because I'm a loner.
I didn't know you could make so much money at an internship.
I'm pretty good at programming though, I pick up concepts really quick. Kind of hoping I can just go write code for some company for peanuts with my associates degree.

Recursion uses the stack you numpty.