Elementary OS

Tell me what you think about it, Jow Forums.

Attached: 1200px-Elementary_logo.svg.png (1200x1200, 62K)

gnome sucks

could have been the new standard if they had a pr team to deal with retards attacking them for being 'greedy'

I like their initiative of "pay what you want" apps. It teaches normalfags that devs need to eat too.
Pantheon uses GTK+ bu is not GNOME.

@65551140
quality bait but no (You)'s for you, sweetie.

It's the fucking best and most polished Linux distro ever made.

/thread

GTK meme.

It's pretty good.

Stable.

Great default apps.

They do a better job making learning material for GTK3 (and Vala) than Gnome.

But I have a lot of problems with it:

Their design looks like poor man's Apple (but they are making it more unique with the last release).

It could be less resource hungry.

Bait aside, I never get why a lot of people was angry at them for adding a donation button.
>most polished
lol no. Last time I used it appcenter shat itself and plank had a memory leak.
I'm still waiting for Juno to come out because I think eOS has good potential to becoming a mainstream distro.

When it came out it was in fact the most polished distro ever made.
Since then others have vastly improved however and elementary has stagnated due to all the bad mojo.

It's no b8, it's reality you fucking mong.

I think it's just fine. I'm considering installing it on my girlfriend's laptop to replace arch because I don't want to constantly update it when she turns it on and she might turn it off before updates complete.

solid.

>It could be less resource hungry.
Agreed

>(but they are making it more unique with the last release).
Can't wait for juno tbqh finally no more blatant copycat syndrome

I used it for a while on an older laptop. It did everything I needed and gave me no issues. It is felt a little restricting on the customization end but overall was a rock solid intro to linux for me. I swapped it out for something a little lighter cause my laptop is old as fuck but honestly arch isn't running any better so i may go back.

They make me feel guilty to don't make any donation. In other news i would pirate any wangblows without giving a flying fuck, but their shit don't worth a penny anyway.

Attached: 31.jpg (900x900, 81K)

in english this time esteban

Nice try, Jamal.

meant for the thief

I have it as daily driver on college laptop. Works really well. Its just Ubuntu with Pandora or whatever the fuck de and is just overall polished.

>65552244 (You)

Luna was qt af, now that they decided to fuck it up, it's ruined, it was a good idea, but now it's dead unfortunately, though you can still install XFCE or Xubuntu to get a tiny feeling of how it was before freya

Buy one of their shirts or mugs if you feel guilty. They receive money and you get something useful.

Attached: mug_terminal_11oz.png (1000x1000, 119K)

the only reason vala still exists

fpbp

I have it installed on my xps 15. Pretty comfy, but i dont like the fact that some useful programs are needed to be manually added to the apps menu, like battery statistics. Also wished i had gotten the 4k screen just to feel that mac-like UI sharpness

I'd be using it right now if it didn't keep my monitor on 24/7. It shuts off and then turns back on displaying a blank screen. Unacceptable. Hopefully it works better in Juno.

Another shitty distro with an added layer of complexity and restrictions for the sake of user friendliness. Their icon theme is great tho

Costs too much.

void from uganda (ubantoo)

> not realising this whole thread is their PR team shilling

A shit distro with a thousand fucking papercuts. Looks great till you try to use it. Also, they suffer from gnome "You might want to change something? FUCK YOU!!" syndrome. Except these faggots don't even let you add PPAs.

my GF loves it, she uses it on her x201. I prefer Xubuntu.

eh, you can unlock PPAs forever in literally 10 seconds running a simple command. Many distros are implementing this to prevent normalfags from ruining the system.