ReactOS is now #17 on Distrowatch

>ReactOS is now #17 on Distrowatch

Is ReactOS actually good now? Or is it still a broken alpha?

Attached: virtualpc.png (812x671, 119K)

Other urls found in this thread:

distrowatch.com/dwres.php?waitingdistro=462&resource=links
themeforest.net/item/porto-responsive-html5-template/4106987
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Yes

Fuck it, I'll install it on a VM.

No

Maybe.

2038 will be the year of the ReactOS desktop

Can you repeat the question?

I just run windows itself in vmware.
Can't go wrong with that, using a distro that's trying to be cancer is stupid, you either use linux or windows in a VM.

>using comic sans + meme circles on their website
eww wtf

Attached: Capture.png (1372x551, 163K)

distrowatch.com/dwres.php?waitingdistro=462&resource=links

Attached: Sat9iBHg_400x400.jpg (400x400, 13K)

It's interesting. Stick it in a VM and watch it go. We considered it for some niche applications at the UWaterloo where legacy Windows apps were necessary, but wouldn't run in compatibility mode. It was pretty buggy back then, haven't used it since but I've heard it's got a bit better.

>Is ReactOS actually good now?

Since GTA SA is perfectly playable on it now, absolutely. What else do you even need?

Even better!
>website is made in this niggerlicious style that every post-2012 soysite use
>download the OS
>It takes you back to the 90s/early 00s
You just cant make this shit up

It's a pet project that looks nice in your CV if you want a job in a company that works with wine or win32

I don't know

it seems that the guy is making money with clover and take the meme one step beyond

Attached: 1462486107472.jpg (207x253, 20K)

their website is literally an unmodified (with the exception of content + media) $16 themeforest html template
themeforest.net/item/porto-responsive-html5-template/4106987

I don't need facts. I am in internet.

are you fat guy stuck in internet

>GTA SA is perfectly playable on it now

Wtf I love ReactOS now.

I just need to lose 5 kilos

why would you use a reverse engineering of a 20 year old OS by some russian guys in their spare time?

>Windows 2000
>20 years old

lmao

Attached: react.png (700x854, 239K)

what is wrong about it?
if they paid it... nobody cares about the webdesign for an OS

>I'll talk about how their website looks rather than talk about the actual OS at all
the absolute state of soy/g/oys

that site is cancer, I can expect that from a normie company but really, reactos? just give me something like pic related

Attached: Capture.png (895x677, 145K)

>multiple desktop icons fixed
>task bar icons get removed when closed or crash
>app crash notification and creates a .txt log on the desktop now
>usb boot enabled
>experimental NTFS write support added
>mount/unmount network drives in explorer
>mount/eject options in explorer for hardware

Looks like a nice release.

>Or is it still a broken alpha?
dis

I don't see too much difference

Attached: reactoswebsite.jpg (1345x682, 93K)

>"Taskbar settings and dialogs have been rewritten by Giannis so now the auto-hide, toggle lock and always on top options work. These settings were visible before but as you might have noticed they've never been working at all. Meanwhile, David fixed several bugs and glitches of the notification area. Thanks to him, Giannis and Hermès, now balloon notifications are properly supported, queued and shown while a range of tooltip problems have been solved. Talking about the notification tray, due to Ged’s work, icons of killed and finished process are now automatically removed, even when apps crash. This is something that Windows doesn't even provide with Win10, and many Windows users may have noticed."

So those taskbar options haven't worked since the moment reactos has been released. Very interesting.

Multi-core support when?

This, like Haiku, will never amount to anything worthwhile because they operate on a dead paradigm of computing.

Even though FreeDOS is based on something far, FAR older it is ironically more useful because it has chosen an area and stuck with it. ReactOS, Haiku, Icaros, etc. all try to be part of the modern paradigm but don't even come close to where Windows, Mac, or Linux are and never will because of how fast everything moves and how varies people's demands are of computing these days. OSs like this belong to a time where a PC would spend 99% of its time totally offline and performing a single task. These days that is a wasted computer.

>experimental NTFS write
Wtf how?
Every Linux distro fully supports writing to NTFS formatted drives

I think that package was open source too how tf can they fail at it

What is the point of ReactOS? I hear about it all the time but I don't understand what you'd want to do with it.

Mostly just playing old DOS/Windows games without actually paying for Windows/Steam/Origin/GOG/etc, I'd imagine.

It's Windows for people who don't want Microsoft Windows. Like everything else that's not actual Windows, Mac, or Unix-based, it's in a perpetual alpha state.

A lot of Linux NTFS writes aren't recognizable by Windows. ReactOS probably aims to fix that.

>Like everything else that doesn't make real money, it's in a perpetual alpha state.

why is it called Windows 2000 if it's not even 2000 years old

its the 2000th windows retard

it's amazing for what it is
but it's hard to say if it's "good" or not, since there's nothing like it
there's no better foss windows clone, but it's not nearly complete or stable, so it's of little practical use

reactos can't just copy/paste ntfs-3g code, though they can certainly study it
plus there's things reactos needs to do that isn't part of ntfs-3g, like how ntfs actually interfaces with windows