What does Jow Forums think about the raspberry pi

what does Jow Forums think about the raspberry pi

Attached: Welcome_To_4chan.jpg (1024x576, 103K)

It's a computer, I guess. If that's your thing it's cool.

thanks i didn't knew that thanks dude

Attached: You're_welcome.gif (650x450, 41K)

It's a cheap single-board-computer. What exactly are you looking for from us?

OP is probobly looking forward to buying one and he wants our opinions to guide him.

its the future of humanity

Attached: 1465786445037.png (800x1024, 1.13M)

You can shitpost on it safely without intlel or ayymd spying on you.

Attached: 1523699277540.jpg (732x713, 98K)

i used to use it to host an http page and idle on irc, now i just use it to move files around on the network

It has far better support than any other SBC.
Try getting a case for your Orange Pi Zero.

Why do you need a case?

I use mine for a pihole, I already have a vps so I don't really use it for hosting.

I have a zero that I can SSH into from my main PC and then run alone when I want to do a project. It's nice to have around and once I'm farther along in my degree I hope to use it for other personal projects.

Attached: IMG_20180215_161319.jpg (450x445, 45K)

I got one for Christmas and it was a solution looking for a problem. Read up on pihole, but ended up installing that on an Ubuntu VM. Works great.

As for the raspberry pi, finally loaded retropie and have a bunch of old Atari 2600 and assorted other roms on there. Synched up a PS4 controller and got a mini Bluetooth keyboard. I've taken it to friends places and it's been a hit. One USB power and an hdmi cable are all I need.

it's still has proprietary firmware though. it's also needed to boot just like intel/amd cpus

You can watercool a raspberry pi?

There's no need. It's not that high end a processor, nor can you overclock it that much where you'd need to.

>literally a guy dressed as vegeta
>Not /a/
Hmm

Good for cleaning out your anal cavity.

They great if you need a really powerful embedded computer running Linux or BSD with lots of I/O. There's a fair amount of software ported to Debian ARM, so you won't have to do much compiling, if any at all. They're pretty comfy as tiny desktops if you buy a proper case, a SATA adapter, a 1TB HDD, and you install BSD on them. Shit like is just soymale garbage. You don't need anything more than a drop of Arctic Silver 5 and a small heat sink, or maybe a tiny fan.

Attached: 1521839261281.jpg (600x600, 102K)

They make good dust collectors. Seriously, you're better off making your own computer or device from components for a specialty project. It seems like using a PI has become a novelty hobbie. Ie. "raspberry PI in space", or "raspberry PI weather ballon". You can get much more efficient and custom hardware by doing it yourself.
They would also be the best SBC (as a low grade desktop computer) if they weren't produced by Broadcom.

my prof said that u-boot actually supports the raspberry and you dont need the proprietary blobs anymore, but i havent looked it up yet.

It's nice ssh server for storing files and downloading torrents.

>not spending 20 bucks more for a libre computer

Kys cianigger

Attached: ePeNa-Cool-Water-Column-Ladder-Dynamic-Liquid-Cooled-Phone-Cases-For-iPhone-6-6s-6S-Plus.jpg (500x500, 58K)

Okay Jow Forums. Tell me. What's the BEST Pi distro?

you can watercool everything.
armbian
that anime is pretty good btw