pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

Last thread

Attached: Left handed Ortho.jpg (1200x800, 699K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switch/dp/B01FXF7HFC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523845656&sr=8-4&keywords=e element mechanical keyboard
amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ANZRT4M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15CBTP5BTSNTZ&psc=1
amazon.ca/gp/product/B01K72SBWY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3GH6DZ64KS4YP&psc=1
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

So it's all settled that

Ortholinear = grid/matrix
Columnar staggered = ergodox etc
Staggered = traditional

>be me ceo of unicomp
>see that the keyboard community that like buckling spring keyboards (my main and only product that I sell) are going crazy over this "kishsaver" model
>See that it would require a WHOPPING $200 to adjust our tooling to make it
>fuckthat.jpg
>contact my friend the factory owner in Guangzhou (a city in china)
>he says that he could make the case, PCB, and all we would need to provide are the plate and the switches
>start sweating
>ask how much that would cost
>uhhh 20 dorra per keebu mista ceo of unicompah
>whatthefuck.png
>kindly refuse
>I would only have a 80% profit margin if I made those and sold them at inflated hipster prices, what an awful deal!
>amazing business sense saves me from another blunder

Attached: 1523836861400.jpg (4032x3024, 2.78M)

How is the quality for Unicomp? Do they use the same tech as IBM Model M or is the original still best

that's the problem, they use the same exact tooling. so it hasn't been updated in over 20 years

They're about the same quality as the 90's Lexmark IBM M's, which makes sense because it's the same factory.

>Matrix Edition
that's clearly a parallel matrix not a matrix use the proper defenitions

Attached: IMG_20180409_182605_HHT.jpg (4000x3000, 2.62M)

So I can be a hipster for a bit less than an IBM refurb?

Or I might just jump on a modern Cherry Ducky

POORFAGS BTFO BY BASED CHINKS

Attached: DSC_8557.jpg (3139x1533, 320K)

Unicomp has updated the keyboards to add window keys and USB support, plus they also have an option for a slimmer case. otherwise just get a used model m since they're cheaper. just know that unicomp hasn't updated the membrane so it's still 2kro

R8 and Deb8
Worst than Shit Tier
>Romer - G (HOW THE FUCK IS SOMETHING SHITIER THAN CHERRY BROWNS)
Shit Tier
>Cherry Browns
>Standard Outermu
>Outemu purples
>Standard Greetech
>Standard Kalih
>any other chink made shit besides gaterons
Ok Tier
>Standard Gateron
>Outemu ice series
>Standard Cherry besides clears and browns
Good Tier
>Hako Switches (Kalih boxes made for IC)
>Halo Trues + Clears
>Cherry Clears
>Kalih Speed + heavy
>Mod Switches
>NIZ Topre Clone
>Matias (Simplified Alps Clones v 2.0) - I am still keeping this here, better than cherry and standard gaterons, but still not good enough for top.
Top Tier
>Kalih Box
>Kalih heavy box
>Kalih Thiccbar box

Meme Tier (I honestly don't know what to call this, some people like them while other people don't)
>Topre (debatable)
>Membrane Buckling Springs
>Zealios + Tealios (cause it is sold by fucking scammers)

shit and ded, Thank god
>Cherry ml
>All those fucking rubber domes slider

Good but ded
>SMK switches
>Black Alps, White SKCM alps, all the other alps
>BTC dome (90% Topre Clone)

you can get a used unicomp for cheaper than a model m but shhhhhhh dont tell anyone

you would've been correct if it wasn't for that enter key

>

what's wrong with dome w/ slider?

So those $90 IBM Ms are legit? I'm afraid if they're fakes

you mean the ones unicomp has, yes they are

Please tell me you don't leave the house with that thing

Stop spamming this autistic list in every thread

Which is better for gaming + typing?

Cherry Brown/Red

or

Cherry Blue Black

We need new autistic ranking lists of all keyboard manufacturers, commercial and custom

the LEDs animate too. I think I have the most pimp keyboard on Jow Forums

Attached: IMG_20180402_143948.jpg (2016x1512, 1.49M)

Is grainy texture inherent to PBT keycaps or can some of them have smooth texture too?

thats a personal preference thing. by default I always recommend cherry blue tho. Its the OG for a reason

>blue
>OG
This is what newfags actually believe

What's the deal with topre? Why do the people who don't care for it hate it so much? The price?

My son turned black just from looking at this. Now everyone will think I'm a cuck.

Blue sounds good to me + satisfying click is what I'm looking for.

I hear the linear Cherry's are good for faster click, but I wonder if that's BS. I only play casually anyway. I'm more into programming/art uses.

>told that rubber dome = bad
>topre = rubber dome
>topre = bad

ofc not its fucking 2cm to big, piece of shit wont fit now i have to spend 15$ on a smaller case...

I would use this ironically.

Get a real keyboard you fucking faggot

Attached: 1523791547235.jpg (744x752, 72K)

Topre is a love or hate thing, the people who foam at the mouth over it's mention here are doing so as a reaction to the people that don't stop sucking it's dick.

no, yes

nigga I am making a beginner's guide. I don't want u fucks autistically screaming when I slightly fuck up somewhere.

why you even care, just make it and don't expect anything back, that's how fourchin works.

is this just a compilation of other people's opinions (that may or may not be backed up by experience) or did you actually try all of these switches?

If it's the former, what's the point?
If it's the latter, to be truly useful we'll need some actual text describing said switches, from your testing.

I doubt that since half of the alps switches I've tried suck, and most people tend to agree.

>be me faggot that keeps making those shitty posts
>never fuck off
>no one likes me
fuck off faggot

kailh box tactiles are shit tier

currently using my model m ssk on the talking floor of the library and some chink is insecurely banging away on his chiclet as loud as possible

Attached: 1497489188271.gif (423x234, 1.69M)

That's pretty badass, I'd buy a board like that.

Attached: Yes+we+must+the+werewolf+_eef05270e2f5678c2fb0b5a915c5bfe3.jpg (1600x1200, 119K)

fuck, im an asshole
he's using some 60% cuck mech

What do you mean blue black? Both switches on the same keyboard? 2 keyboards, one for gaming and one for typing?

I prefer Blacks the most out of those

CONSTRUCTIVE criticism welcomed, pls be nice. :n)

Attached: classy as frig.jpg (2600x1733, 1.5M)

Replace blue LEDs with Red or Green

>? Both switches on the same keyboard?
holy shit user you just created a big blackhole on reddit with that statement. some guys are just cuting swithces in half and fusing them with other switches creating Silver/Blues where depending on the force you apply to the switch it will trigger one keycode or two! omg what have you done!

>:n)
whats that shit? you never post emojjis, must be a impersonator!!!

>doesn't know what emojis are

Attached: 🤔.png (680x680, 53K)

get a reproduction model F

Attached: DSC_8607.jpg (3312x1448, 227K)

what keyboard is it?

looks like
amazon.com/Element-Mechanical-Gaming-Keyboard-Switch/dp/B01FXF7HFC/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1523845656&sr=8-4&keywords=e element mechanical keyboard
to me, but I could be wrong

How come mechanical keyboards get hipster cred but ball mice don't

they do tho

Do cherry reds have any clickiness whatsoever? i like browns for public places but I want something that feels the same but is just a little quieter.

they make a nice clack when you bottom out, but no they're a linear switch

Attached: cherry mx force curve.png (480x378, 9K)

So is that top line cherry whites? Looks like the same frequency as browns if that gold line is cherry browns

They don't?

Attached: PC107048.jpg (1000x667, 489K)

you should get your eyes checked cause that's not the same """frequency""" also those are clears

No, it's MX clear. MX whites & greens are just blues with a heavier spring.

What you want, then, is something heavier, like clears, so you won't bottom out as easily and make so much noise

I don't mean that... Just like a normal mouse with a ball on the bottom instead of an optical sensor like we all had when we were kids, that's kind of mechanical too isn't it?

ball mice actually use lasers, to track moment

Back in the day they had little wheels that rolled with the ball and they'd always get all gunked up and you'd have to open it up and clean it every so often

>65555719
>Zealios + Tealios (cause it is sold by fucking scammers)

u fukn wat m8?

$1 per switch is robbery.

[GB] R10 Purple Zealio Switches (Tactile)

$0.75$1.00

I've never paid $1 per switch

It's definitely the stabilizer. Right side isn't holding it properly, though how ever I orientate it it still persists. Should I just get a new stabilizer?
Also pic

Attached: plum8755g.jpg (2048x1536, 217K)

It's a meme you dip

The only thing that keyboard's missing is rims.

Attached: 1505891471016.jpg (640x480, 89K)

I automatically dislike legends that are darker on dark or a similarly low-contrast, low-readability color scheme. One of the reasons I dislike Miami, actually, is that the modifiers are incredibly poorly thought out. The modifiers are similarly worthless on your keyboard, just in a less offensive way

>/csg/ visits /mkg/
and I like it

>tfw fell for the MX Browns meme

Attached: the risk.jpg (554x390, 62K)

you were warned.

you were all warned.

I'm finally planning on building my first board this summer. Any recs for a good soldering iron, desoldering pump and actual solder to use?
amazon.ca/gp/product/B00ANZRT4M/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A15CBTP5BTSNTZ&psc=1
This one is the one I'm looking at for the iron. Do I need to buy any extra tips for it?

I have the same iron, it's pretty good. For soldering switches you won't need anything besides the standard chisel tip. If you don't mind spending the extra dosh, get an FR300 for the desoldering iron. Makes things far easier and cleaner. As for solder I use some kester 63/37 rosin core/noclean.

>not owning a vortex race 3 with silver switches
so poor that you have to own a second hand model f, pathetic pleb

Holy crap the FR300 is 400 leaf bucks. I could really use it but it's way out of my budget sadly. I got rec'd this desoldering pump, not sure if it's good:
amazon.ca/gp/product/B01K72SBWY/ref=ox_sc_act_title_2?smid=A3GH6DZ64KS4YP&psc=1

I think I paid around 360 syrupbux for mine off ebay (just gotta make sure the listing is for 120V input voltage). That said a solder sucker like that should also work fine. If you ever plan on desoldering a bunch of shit in the future, the FR300 will be worth it.

Thank user. Should I get some desoldering wick too just in case? Or is the pump good enough?

I found desoldering braid to just be a pain in the ass to be honest. It does work, but whether or not the pin will actually be free or still stuck to the pad with a bit of solder is a bit of a crapshoot in my experience.

Ok, good to know. I just have a last question before I plan the orders for my build. I'm gonna use the kbd75 pcb and I want to get genuine cherry stabilizers for them. Would I need to solder them in as well? Or is better to use the gmk screw in stabilizers instead? I actually am not too familiar with the differences between plate, pcb and screw in stabs.

Cherry stabs either clip into the plate or the PCB itself. All the custom boards I've seen have plates compatible with PCB mount cherry stabs, so no point in getting the plate mount ones really. There are also PCB mount ones that screw down, but I haven't really seen them aside from those custom made transparent stabs.

Are Topres 45g on HHKB really better than membrane and regular rubber domes?

99% of keyboards lag 30ms I use a q700 (same as b700) bloody that runs at 0.2ms.

No.

Is there any keyboard I can buy in Europe that's
- TKL or full sized
- cherry browns or equivalent
- stock POM or PBT caps

Alternatively, any trusted sellers from China? I used to buy from Qtan but his stock is rather underwhelming lately.

why are most mech keyboards without a numpad

Hurts usability unless you're a data input monkey or an accountant.

how does it hurt usability? do you mean portability?

>center keyboard around the alphanumeric cluster
>usable mouse space is shunted over at least 5 inches

ok that's a fair point, though i'd argue you're the monkey if your desk is so small a numpad makes a difference

you don't know how much you like desk space until you have it m8 :^)))))

Mouse hits it a lot unless you angle your keyboard like a weirdo or you have freakishly long arms.

I like cherry browns

show video with your fingers disappointedly pressing down on them

never in my life have i had that problem, what kind of sensitivity do you have?

3200 DPI, 1000 Hz polling, default mouse sensitivity, and mouse acceleration enabled.

>no
Care to elaborate?

sometimes i feel like i don't have autism because i don't think about/am not bothered by a lot of ergonomic related stuff like some people here

Maybe you just don't use the mouse a lot. I dented my old 100% from accidentally hitting it so much.