How was youtube before being sold to google?

How was youtube before being sold to google?

Attached: 96f.png (396x400, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/RYQUsp-jxDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It was down 10% of the time and the max quality was 480p.

It was not pushing an agenda.

It had every episode of ever show available to watch in potato quality. Also there were a lot of Dragon Ball Z videos with Linkin Park music

It was just fun.

>were

Video response were fun, it was more interactive and had more discussion and wasn't that much about really big accounts. Miss them days.

Unregistered Hyper Cam 2 Runescape vids

Video response was a thing.

The UI wasn't ass cancer

UI made sense.
Title was on top, description on right, star ratings, video-answers (yes!) and it ran smoothly on Celeron 333MHz with 128 mb of RAM in 480p.
And good part was that they were forcing you to use non-real name!

This. It was great.
I just did a search of my old online alias that was tied to my youtube/runescape account, and found some old forum posts I made. The fucking stat tracker in my sig still updated from when played again back in January for a week.

better because there weren't giant channels that were trying to make a business out of their personality

>no youtubers spewing political BS and SJW pandering
>no let's play videos and vlogs
>no jewing for ad money with subscribers and views
>videos were fun and actually entertaining
And the list goes on. Things were simpler back then, before Google fucked it up with their political agendas and censorship.

Attached: jC7RkK4.png (1035x1073, 596K)

Worse than Google Video.

Row 2,.col 2. That Cannon rock video was fucking awesome, I remember it went viral on 2006... Miss those times when "viral" videos were worth to watch, unlike today's bullshit videos

Lots of kids playing guitar really badly

I just want DanielRadcliffe777 to come back, he's the only one who made youtube great.

>Anime show ep x (1/3)
Those were the golden days

Attached: 1481886200885.png (864x648, 414K)

Most watched video of all time had 27 mil views... maaaaan, good days

inanest comments, it was like /b/, seriously

Google Video had a better simpler UI than old Youtube.

youtu.be/RYQUsp-jxDQ

>mfw I watched the entirety of Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood on YouTube

Attached: 1520175737892.jpg (318x246, 29K)

he'll be back

he'll post his videos again then nuke his channel so nobody can see them again

Shit memes that would otherwise be on aggregation webpages, cats and personal videos. Modern YT at least has content with production value, even though it got all the business censorship that comes with it.

you didn't have to have a Google+ account to post comments. you were encouraged NOT to use your real name, as opposed to being harassed into using your real name. usernames were unique and could be found by typing it into the URL after "user/". the comments were by default sorted by "newest first", not by "most popular". you'd see the actual number of votes on videos instead of "2K" (although that's relatively recent). the comments were limited to 500 (i think) characters and you wouldn't have any bold/italic formatting. you wouldn't have comments like "@trumpomaniac i think you'll like this", which have nothing to do with the video itself, but appear on it because some guy shared it on his Google+ account.

>YouTube before Google
>front page has interesting videos covering a wide variety of topics: from the history of dance, sneezing pandas, car accidents, kids fucked up on novacaine

>YouTube after Google
>front page is Stephen Colbert, Seth Meyers, Jimmy Kimmel, Jimmy Fallon, Samantha Bee, The Young Turks, BuzzFeed, BuzzFeed blue, BuzzFeed yellow, tranny makeup tutorials, paid advertisements by Disney, and propaganda

you searched for videos and watched them
it was a different time

and they will never come back

Now the videos search for you and you don't watch them.

Leave me alone shooting range videos!

>Now the videos search for you and you don't watch them.
I was actually pretending to be retarded but shit, you're right.

>youtube/runescape account
Nani

mind blown

Remember those bluebackgrounds with text. Pepperidge Farms remembers.

Those are from Windows Movie Maker. Blue background with white text was the default for text.

That gave me the feels. Well said.

Attached: 1502127006775.jpg (610x660, 87K)

hey clip from tasha, anyone have sauce ?

It's funny how most of the nostalgic replies are about Google's Youtube and not the actual OG Youtube. They bought in 2006 you spergs.

it was nice. you can customize your own channel however you see fit

>mfw i watched Bleach up to 270 or something in 2013

Attached: 1518482202592.jpg (1920x800, 246K)

well, you could have a GIF profile avatar, for one

Any social network will be open, private, and nonpartisan when they're new because they need the user base. Once they are big, you need them more than they need you and they can turn off their APIs, rape your privacy, and purge political dissenters.

Remember when Google's motto was "don't be evil"?

Used the same name for both. Since then I've deleted my old youtube account use a completely different alias.

Urban ninja lol fuck yeah