Kickstarter for beige desktop case

Kickstarter for beige desktop case

How many millions will I make?

Attached: 14011.jpg (640x359, 187K)

0. Null. ze ro

About three fiddy.

Is it bad I instantly recognized that as a Compaq Deskpro from the thumbnail?

na, that badge style is really distinctive

probably not that much, the market is just not there to mass produce. I personally dig the old look. But thats probably just fond memories. I still have a BBS on an old 386.

Make one for the Soyberry Pi 3 B+ and I'll buy it. I use one as a mini desktop already.

Add the option to sale it "vintage-ready": beige yellowed plastic (double the prize, but if the buyer sends a pic related selfie, he gets a free carton coaster.

Attached: over there.jpg (400x400, 30K)

Make it with a turbo button and I'll buy it.

don't forget the jumper-configured 7-segment display

-- even better, have it hooked up over serial or something so you can update it to the current frequency in realtime
and have the turbo in there too, so you can use it toggle the performance scheduler on and off

there aren't that many numale soyboys

You have a BBS on a old 386? Dial-up or through telnet?

Not much.

I can hit a garage sale and grab a $5 beige-box Windows 98 PC that's ATX compatible. As long as I'm not trying to cram an i9 and 2 1080s in it, I can't imagine heat being an issue with a moderate i7/Rhyzen 7 with decent cooler and a 1070.

You'd have to offer some sort of serious benefit outside of easily obtainable aesthetics, before you'd find much of a niche. Maybe offer "working vintage tech" to entice people. USB driven 7-segment display displaying X.X for the clock speed after installing the Windows/Linux driver. A power lock that actually disables powering the system on or off. Included Beige DVD/Blu-Ray drive. Vertical Mini-Tower or Lay-Flat Under-Monitor design. Removable large-square "Badge" with template to print and place your own.

i would buy one just for the increased cooling, if you think old beige boxes can handle an i7/1070 you are wrong, they have near 0 cooling aside from maybe a single fan on the back, if he offers a beige box, with fans that are hidden on the bottom to pull air and the fan on the back to push it i would buy

>Make one for the Soyberry Pi 3 B+ and I'll buy it. I use one as a mini desktop already.
That's a really good idea, more feasible too

But why though. Having lived during the phase of beige (and later, yellow-beige) boxes I can't see the appeal. I distinctly remember when most commerical tech moved away from beige to that blackish dark gray color on everything. I fucking loved black computers.

I find it boring that everything is one color now.
Are your clothes all black too?

Is that Blahino?

Everything isn't one color though. Consider Applel, they're all white. Look at all of the differently colored non-Apple laptops as well.

And because you asked, about a 3rd of my clothing is dark (not specifically black). Dark gray is my favorite color so I usually build around that.

Gray/grey isn't a colour/color.

Dark gray-ish blue/navy then? I've painted my walls this one for instance.

Attached: dark gray navy.png (336x280, 107)

>Consider Applel,
Whoever they are... some offshoot of Micro$oft?

Attached: macrosoft.jpg (473x448, 46K)

>you will never own a beige case colored by years of smoking

Make it for raspberry pi or some other SoB.
There is not a lot of good raspberry pi cases with hardware buttons, external USB and internal space for HDDs.
The closest thing I could find was the Nespi, but I'm not using my pi for emulation.

I've been looking for a beige Dell Dimension XPS case for ages. It seems like they've all been fed to the landfill, because the only ones I can find are on ebay for ridiculous prices.

Attached: dell-dimension-xps-d300.jpg (1280x960, 51K)

The beige actually comes from the plastic sweating out bromide-based flame retardant

*The yellowing

Funny how things like Amiga are getting crowdfunded cases but no desktop ATX beige cases.