I INSTALLED LINUX MINT AND ITS ACTUALLY WORSE THAN MY WINDOWS 10 INSTALL IN MANY WAYS

>tried Linux Mint on a 4 year old laptop
>lt's not only uglier than Windows 10
>it's slower than Windows 10, taking more time to start programs and even browse menus
>the file manager is so ugly and basic that I feel like I'm using a kid's OS
>there's literally no difference between the CPU load on Windows 10 and Linux Mint, when Jow Forums told me that Linux would be way more efficient and not make my fan run as much which is only true about updates
>my battery life is more or less the same when Jow Forums told me I would see a significant improvement.

Is there is a version of GANOO LEENOX that isn't a steaming pile of shit that feels slower than Windows?

I have one more Linux install left in me before I give up and go to Windows 10 LTSB and just stay there since nothing else is worth installing anymore.

Don't fucking meme, me, Jow Forums.

Give me a distro that is actually going to make me drop Windows 10. Linux Mint didn't cut it.

Attached: No_linux.png (334x393, 44K)

Nice blog, fag.

Debian, my 2gb ram centrino HP compaqlaptop will run it

I prefer Debian Stable, but it usually has problems with new hardware.
If you're using older hardware, Debian should be fine. As a Desktop Env I'd recommend Xfce if you can deal with simple graphics, if you want cool animations use KDE or Gnome.

If you have newer hardware, like newer than a year or so, you should maybe try Fedora. Also, if you can deal with basic graphics, usr Xfce. If u want fancy shit, KDE or Gnome.

Clover OS, cockgoblin

I forgot to mention: Debian has a far longer support time than Fedora. You can use the same installation of debian for like 3 years and get updates while you basically have to reinstall fedora every half year to year.

ジェントゥーをインストールしろ

Stopped reading at linux mint

>the file manager is so ugly and basic that I feel like I'm using a kid's OS

It is the first time that I ever say this but surely OP must be a faggot..

Attached: Ts69WZC.jpg (228x344, 21K)

This

If you don't like it just rice it faglord

>the file manager is so ugly
install another one
>I feel like I'm using a kid's OS
You are
>there's literally no difference between the CPU load on Windows 10 and Linux Mint, when Jow Forums told me that Linux would be way more efficient
Linux is just the kernel, don't hate it just because you're using mint.

How about trying to learn how to use a tool before just using it?
Learn about the filesystem, package managers, creating users and groups, setting file permissions, managing network connections, bash scripting. Also the "man" command is a thing, fucking use it.

If you don't care enough to learn, then don't use linux.

I recommend Linux Essentials Second Edition, it's how I got into linux.

>thinly veiled best distro thread
Manjaro is pretty good

>Don't fucking meme, me, Jow Forums.
Also, I just want you to remember this is an imageboard, OP.
If you want less memes find better tech boards, although I'm sure they'd tell you to fuck off back to cuckchan

Who told you to install Linux Mint?
Point it out, who's that fucker giving /gee/ a bad image?

Use Debian with i3. My 14 year old laptop with 2gb of RAM and a Celeron M runs fine with it.

This.
Distro doesn't matter if you don't have a lightweight desktop.

>USING MEEMTOPS

NO, ASSHOLES

What have you got against window managers, guy?

>>my battery life is more or less the same when Jow Forums told me I would see a significant improvement.
I'm actually surprised because I would expect lower batter life on linux. Everything else is false though.

This blog post reminds me of youtube videos from like 2012 by liensux (I think it was spelled that way... not too sure) and his chronies where they would prove that linux sux by.... installing linux in vm and showing startup times of MS Office in wine and similar.... good old days.

Fedora has in place upgrades these days.

出て行って、自閉症的な白痴め

>Is there is a version of GANOO LEENOX that isn't a steaming pile of shit that feels slower than Windows?
GhostBSD, TrueOS or Alpine
avoid Debian, Ubuntu, Gentoo or Arch

the chemo that is curing Jow Forums

Debian

USE KDE NEON

> Fedora has in place upgrades these days.
So that means CentOS 8 will finally be on par with Debian in that regard. I hope. Just remembered that CentOS is shipped with SELinux turned on by default and other programs from their own repos are broken by it.

>choosing Mint
>Using a old laptop with old cpu
>using OS for looks
>comparing it to windows
>"doont fycking meme me /gee/"
>went back to Windows
Just buy a macbook, seems like you want your OS to be your fucking wife. Dont forget to use a condom.

>choosing Mint
>Using a old laptop with old cpu and expects it to run fast
>using OS for looks
>comparing it to windows
>"doont fycking meme me /gee/"
>went back to Windows
Just buy a macbook, seems like you want your OS to be your fucking wife. Dont forget to use a condom.

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1433636249392.jpg (750x563, 63K)

>4 year old CPU can't run an OS fast enough

fuck off.

lubuntu with arc theme and breeze icons
but try live cd first to see if it works, no need to install blindly
ubuntu and debian releases are not guaranteed to be bug free -- like 17.10 and whatever debian had at the time

arch
gentoo
void
alpine
parabola
slack

Not OP but I have some old fuck dual core celeron laptop with 1Gb ram
Which leenux will let me web browse decently?

Use deepin

Shouldn't have installed Mint.

deepin is botnet

*subscribe*

nice assessment there asswipe

We've warned you, don't use meme distro, that are made by bunch of neets.
Use serious stuff like Fedora, that is beta-version of RHEL (The paid distro), and OpenSUSE, that is SLE (paid) but without paid support.
Those stuff is used in business.

Si, instala Gentoo.

>Use serious stuff like Fedora

Not using shit I have to update every 6 months

Install tumbleweed then. Forever fresh.

>install mint xfce on my sisters 2GB piece of shit laptop
>no further complains
you probably fucked up the point and click install you brainlet

t.ns-a

I remember using Mint Cinnamon on my 1.6GHz Intel Atom and it worked just fine. Did Mint become bloated?

Bloated shit

kys op

What shit distro do you use?

gentoo
i3
emacs

Lying on the internet again, Pajeet?
So typically microshill.
Also, missed quads by 6. kys.

>not vim

Attached: 1519055294331.jpg (424x417, 23K)

>he fell for Jow Forums memes
>he actually expected a serious os
toplel

Report and move on. The format is changed, not the intention.

Attached: 1520749613634.jpg (6024x5624, 3.81M)

fuck off weeb. And no, Im not installing gentoo

you will