/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/5XrUEbBK

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread:

Attached: f55e6eed83a03ed37bedec40f46cbb94.jpg (562x800, 160K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA
youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE
youtube.com/watch?v=jyt-nhGJl2c
amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Multimedia-Digital-Headset-Microphone/dp/B001BYOY42/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1523871723&sr=8-16&keywords=beyerdynamic headset
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Attached: F1E660B4-4C4B-44A8-AC8C-3424D0EB736D.jpg (3693x3024, 2.02M)

floor user is a faggot

Attached: happyseija.jpg (238x251, 32K)

hey guys someone recomened me these yesterday but reading the reviews people say they where really unconfortable and wouldn't fit right.
and i have a large head so i doubt they'd work for me
are there similar headphones to that but larger?
amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA
i'll be using them mainly on a ps4

I love floor user

Cute umbrella

Attached: 1519609644277.jpg (798x809, 48K)

>4 ips
unfortunately no one actually loves you but yourself floor user

Attached: 1502290578270.png (579x761, 719K)

HD569 would be ideal for your abnormal head and inability to withstand lack of comfort

>$150
anything for $80 or less? i'v already got 2 headsets my self in they where terrible and now broken

Attached: jsqAUyT 7890-980-9- hellsing re.png (887x1097, 860K)

get something durable like a beyer then

>anything for $80 or less? i'v already got 2 headsets my self in they where terrible and now broken
You keep breaking them because you keep buying shit. If it's your third headphone don't even buy the CAL either, it's not a very durable build, it sounds good but it's like the sort of headphone to recommend to a newcomer or someone who absolutely wants the best sound and literally has no money. If you're a long term headphone user just bite the bullet and buy something decent. Good headphones can last a long time and have easily replaceable parts. Don't end up spending $500 over five years buying garbage to replace garbage.

Attached: t2.jpg (1000x1414, 748K)

youtube.com/watch?v=mX39noNkJeE

rare good advice in this general

(((cheap))) is a trick to make you replace it every few months. Buy nice things that last

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Random: InnerFidelity apparently reviewed LCD-2c. I missed that until now somehow
youtube.com/watch?v=jyt-nhGJl2c

Attached: 1495140250513.png (1280x720, 27K)

install drm-next, also no one cares about the lcd-2c now that they are $800

Attached: 1488042969158.jpg (600x810, 116K)

Is there a way to fix the common issue where I have no sound in only one of my earbuds? I hate having to spend money all the time and this happens over and over, despite me treating them well.
You surely know the issue, where one goes silent and if you fiddle with the cable you can get it to work as long as you hold it.

it's the wires getting crossed/loose inside the jack. you can cut the jack off and solder a new one onto it. this is why you buy detachable IEMs

I really can't spend over $100
Can you hook them to a ps4 via usb? i hate plugging into the controller
i already have a turtlebeach box thing for volume and mic control but i don't really know how headsets work

>Can you hook them to a ps4 via usb?
I don't know, I'm not a console gaming fuccboi. I've heard the name Mixamp thrown around a bunch, I'm sure that's what people are using them for

Focal utopia

>I really can't spend over $100
You've already bought two headsets before this you said. You -can- spend over $100, you're just not willing to wait until you can do it. So instead of being patient and buying something good once you can afford it, you just keep on buying things that break over and over to get that quick fix.

isn't even just for gaming use it as a media device period
my last headset fucking broke in half because it was so small was a piece of shit all round though

Jow Forums is not your personal /v/ tech support board, i'm ignoring your posts now

buy beyer stop wasting money

currently not at home, so only portable gear
what's your portable setup like, user?

Attached: memes.jpg (1280x720, 482K)

it's been over the course of a year and one was $60 the other was $80
okay
these aren't good are they?
amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-Multimedia-Digital-Headset-Microphone/dp/B001BYOY42/ref=sr_1_16?ie=UTF8&qid=1523871723&sr=8-16&keywords=beyerdynamic headset

This and mobile phone. No DAC/AMP needed.

Attached: outdoor.jpg (4608x3456, 1.45M)

I bought a pair of SuperLux HD681 for a friend the other day. He only has a motherboard with an integrated sound card, and it couldn't drive them. My Note 8, on the other hand, could.

We also tried my M50x on his computer and they were perfectly fine, even though according to Google they have the same impedance.

Is this supposed to happen?

Is there any better replacement for Apple earpods?

All of the ones I found on Amazon seem to be shitty Chinese ones that break after a month

>it's been over the course of a year and one was $60 the other was $80
See, you really can afford more than $100. You spent $140 in one year. If instead of buying the first and second one you had waited until you had all $140 then you could have bought something that didn't fucking break and wouldn't be trying to get a third.

Pretty durable if you ask me. I still got my non plus edition and it's working fine.

Attached: monk plus spc.jpg (800x800, 67K)

Best earbuds/iem with neutral response around the $150-200 range?

fuck it recommend me something big and with a mic and i'll go $140
i hope i can return to amazon if i hate it

etys

Is the Sennheiser PXC550 a decent buy?
I study a lot in the library and having to turn up my IEMS to block out the sound is getting quite tedious. Been keeping away from NC so far because most of them sound like ass, but these seem alright.

it's a library, it's supposed to be quiet. But if you really have bonobos making sound, just keep in mind NC will always have a pretty shitty price/value ratio and is really meant for things like airplanes, just something with good isolation like Etys will probably do

Sabaj DA2 with random IEMs and my HD6XX when I can have a break

Attached: pls respond re 890.jpg (195x152, 16K)

What's wrong with Sennheiser products?

theres nothing good with a mic, buy a real headphone and buy a real mic

SHP9500 with boompro mic.

hey hes alright

hows the sabaj da2?
thinking of getting some cheapish amp/dac for my m40x and x2s.
Theyre both easy to drive but just want something a bit better than my mobo.

No, they should be pretty easy to drive

That's what I thought as well. Everything maxed out, the SuperLux are really quiet, but my M50xs are perfectly fine. Same with a S6 and Note 8, they both work well.

it's good, I like it. powers my HD6XX fine.
it's ridiculously small though, so if you don't need the form factor and are using it with a desktop, I'd advice getting the DA3 which has more power

Are there any review websites which have the weight of the headphones available in a list?

Attached: IMG_20180410_2303148262.jpg (1170x2080, 1.47M)

Does /hpg/ like to erp and pretend to be cute anime girls wearing headphones?

yes
lots of traditional reviews list the weight, read them

buypigs, all

Anyone got experience with Audiofly's? Thinking about getting the af180s cause the price in my local store was reduced by 40%

begone commie

Most manufacturers will list this on theire official websites on specific product pages. Shouldn't need a review for it.

ATH-CM7Ti

Good luck finding a pair.

>Audeze
>supposedly pronounced Audyssey
>always read and pronounce it Audeez

>>Audeze
>>supposedly well built and sounds good
>>always falls apart and sounds like garbage

Those are ear muffs not headphones retard

You have a lot to learn, young padawan.

Attached: 0abc9d6f07d234246dbd5ede4b0f4259.jpg (600x396, 104K)

I wanna erp with qt trap /hpg/ anons

Attached: 454DF7C0-E8BB-4767-B05A-26C2B56FD5A8.jpg (540x919, 220K)

Another variant of staying warm while listening to music.

Attached: 71Y+UDsJneL._SL1000_.jpg (1000x1000, 178K)

for classical music lover, is it a necessity to own a pair of HD600?

Now I have X2, K701 and HD700.
X2- the bass is pretty much ruined everything
K701- no good bass at all
HD700- I am satisfied with it. Good sound stage and really "clean" sound.

Is it true that HD600 can bring you the feeling of "in a concert hall"? Or all myth about HD600 is just bullshit.

>K701- no good bass at all
If you think the K701 has no bass, which I also think, then the HD600 is not a real option at all. They're more similar than different headphones, the AKG has a tad more treble and upper midrange energy but it's the closest kin the HD600 has from a competing manufacturer.
> feeling of "in a concert hall"?
If by that you mean soundstage, the HD600 have no soundstage. Going from the HD700 or AKG is going to disappoint you greatly.

Just got DT1990's in today. Time to listen to everything all over again.

Don't forget that pad swapping is done through inserting them on a notch and rotating them. It's very fast and easy if you understand that, if you try to put them on like on older beyer you will suffer. With that said, I'm happier with the bass boosted B pads (which are the ones already set on the headphone) and prefer them over the 880 style tuning of the A.

They already sound great out of the box, but I'll definitely check out the other pads after a few days I'm sure.

>Is it true that HD600 can bring you the feeling of "in a concert hall"? Or all myth about HD600 is just bullshit.
nobody says this about HD600. you want soundstage, sell all of that crap and buy an HD800.

and here again, the thread ended before I got off work so excuse me while I respond to posts from the previous thread like an autist.

>beyerdynamic dt240 pro
It seems like reviews are saying M40Xs are clearer. Are DT240s bigger at least? They actually seem smaller to me on photos but I don't have a way to properly compare.
They're nearly twice as expensive as M40Xs here and in retrospect isn't going past 100 freedombucks a waste with integrated audio anyway?
I don't necessarily buy memes but I do own some.
I dunno, from the research on M40Xs I did so far it seems that they're mostly comfortable until a certain head size past which they quickly get unbearable. You're probably past that point. The easiest way for me to find out where I fall on that scale would be to just buy them. I am tall but I don't think my head is big.

I am set on buying the M40Xs. In case scenario they're uncomfortable I'll return them and get shekels back.

Attached: headphone related content.jpg (1600x1200, 108K)

>in retrospect isn't going past 100 freedombucks a waste with integrated audio anyway?
No, and high impedance headphones are less degraded by the typical (for pcs, because macs tend to have really low imped) high output impedance of onboard setups. As long as they get loud enough for you then something like the 880 would still be a million times better than a m40x even if you have no amp.

I wanna lick her feet.

That's a god tier series, Idol Trash.

Attached: tlin.jpg (1280x720, 70K)

What would be the best headphones for ambient music in the 200$~? I can save for hd600 as long as its worth it though but how much of a difference am I going to see coming from superlux 330hd.

You should save for the HD600, they are the best headphones in the world after all.

which usb hub gives the best results? i tried the amazonbasics 4 port but it's a too muddy. should i be adding an extension for clarity?

Attached: liquidusb.png (752x196, 13K)

But HD600 has no bass.

>they are the best headphones in the world after all.
Well, I'm asking this because they get mentioned so often for being really good but they might as well be overrated. I'm trying to make the best decision considering the price and your sarcastic reply doesn't help.

SBAF is not that far from the audiophool cult in japan that installs its own utility poles to provide their own electricity to their home.

I'm thinking about getting the Audiofly AF1120's, are they worth the price or is there something better in the price range? I'm looking for an IEM that's neutral, has a decent bass presence, a great soundstage, and smooth mids/highs. Good comfort would also be nice.

Had been using my HD555 with an AV Receiver for years, and now that I'm looking into eventually upgrading to the HD600, I decided to get a cheap DAC+amp that's able to power them, so I got the SMSL M6. Honestly, I wasn't expecting to notice this much of a difference as I'm doing right now and I would have got a dedicated DAC/amp combo a long time ago if I knew that it was an actual upgrade even if I kept the same headphones.

>HD555
Extremely sensitive to high output impedance.
>AV Receiver
99% of which have high output impedance.
>SMSL M6
10 ohm output impedance, so technically there's still room to get something better out of your headphone. But the HD600 won't be affected by just 10 ohm so there's no reason to upgrade to an actually decent amp.

Ha! Those aren't even driver matched! Now, the HD 650s would be what you want; the best headphones this solar system has to offer and driver matched and hand picked by the gods of old to +/-1db! A sight to behold, truly

ur mom has no bass

>Those aren't even driver matched!
Please. Shut it. Stop. There, you're done, you've said enough. You're more obnoxious than the HD600 shitposters and you start even more endless streams of shitposting.

Nice budget set of headphones right there.

>yes
Okay how do we do this?

Are Beyers DT150s any good?

nice assessment there asswipe.

Let's be very clear here: he is merely exposing hd600 owner's militant autism for what it is. Don't go pointing the finger at him for doing the right thing.

>the absolute state of hd600 owner

fuck off

Post setups

Attached: fgjgjkhj.png (1344x958, 2.11M)

sbaf is worse because installing your own power line at least shows more dedication and is somewhat cooler, even if totally demented, than spending hours buypigging which usb magic box works better

I see you've moved on from calling people mutts to buypigs

Anyone has any clue? I am still puzzling over how the fuck this is possible. 32Ohm vs 38Ohm and it can't drive 32.

Could it be this pair is faulty? Or what in the fuck is going on?

Impedance is not sensitivity, look it up on audiobot

Sorry but what is audiobot? Also, how do I find out sensitivity? It's not listed anywhere? Either that I am blind.

Audiobot9000.com

Efficiency/Sensitivity is in SPL/mW

Oink

'buypigs' how gay lmao

Thanks.

I am not seeing how my friend's integrated mobo amp could drive my m50xs no problems but the superlux were super quiet. I am not too much into audio but if there was a big difference between them I'd like to think I would have noticed.

Attached: file.png (1162x954, 181K)