>Samsung's next phone will have a notch
androidauthority.com/samsung-display-notch-design-patent-855597/

Attached: E99UvAO.jpg (840x534, 29K)

>we want the iFag audience
>with a feature even they hate
>never mind they don't want to switch

Apfel needs to die a slow death

*WHEEZE*

Attached: 1523248646103.jpg (400x400, 20K)

I still hear friends talking about iPhoneX notch, how bad it is, how retarded apple is, how retarded people who buy it, and so on (all of them use androids), without realizing that all android phones now have notch. I'm sure those faggots will praise chinks for implementing such cool feature meanwhile apple just stole it from glorious chinks.

I wish they could see how they look from the side. (they are 26-27 yrs)

>No bixby button
Fake and gay

This could be for a J series or something else, the S9 was just released, if you honestly think a patent design means they're 100% making their next flagship to match that design, you're kind retarded to begin with.

But since this is obviously a samsung hate thread, I guess that doesn't matter.

Well, time to wait apple to do something really stupid like an issue where the phone use the case like a big capacitor that discharges thousands of volts on the user.

Attached: 1493118141831.jpg (1102x1289, 59K)

Thats how normies work. Praise what they have, talk shit about what they don't have. Doesn't seem to matter if what they're talking about is actually good or bad.

>shit apple
>my android chink shit botnet phone can do much better
> apple is overpriced shit, look at my cool features that are just buzzwords

i think the notch is actually cool, it takes some useless space that was always unused anyway (the center of the status bar)

Don't forget to compared the specs of two very different classes of hardware.

>the S9 was just released
You have no idea how the phone industry works: the S10 should be in its final preparation stages and they already know what S11 will be.

S7 is the best from the series. For reasons like this. Fuck them.

>should be in its final preparation stages
Lol, confirmed for a faggot moron.

No, that's not how it works at all, they're at best halfway done on the S10. And more likely only just now getting into the thick of it since the S9 teams only just finished up a few months ago.

Production lead time is only 2-3 months these days, you will have pre-production units testing out final hardware ~6 months before launch, but not a full fucking year ahead.

> look at my nice phone with a 8k screen and the fucking ghz of whatever
implying that even fucking matters on a fucking phone where the only thing you do is sending some messages and take some pics.

EVERY FUCKING TIME

>S10 should be in its final preparation stages
Literally how?

The next qualcomm and samsung chips haven't even hit production yet. They at best have internal information regarding their likely final specs, but they have no real way of knowing until they get their hands on the silicon in october/november.

samefag detected

lack of counterpoint detected.

Oh well, as long as you know you're wrong.

to bad it still have less than 18months of support

>2008+10
>still caring about the silly new "features" of goddamn phones

There are certain decisions that are stupid when Apple does it, and even stupider when manufacturers of Android phones copy it.

>2020-2
>still saying this

>no bixby button

well we know it isn't a samsung flagship.

>product has something you don't like
>don't buy said product, but an alternative
Fucking genius.

Great, I won't buy it then. Forget releasing an updated version of the S5, just add more notches. That's what people want.

Except the decent alternatives end up with the same damn features. If a big company does some bullshit, you can be sure other big companies will copy the same feature, no matter how bullshit it is.

/thread

Have you seen women's phones? That status bar is filled up with notifications. Always

So what was the point of making an ad in which they mocked iPhone's notch? Pretty embarrassing.

It's a patent design.

They've had patent designs for foldable phones too, long before the S9 came out.

Did the S9 have a foldable screen? Fuck no.

Just because they file a design patent doesn't mean shit.

Surely if people didn't want it they wouldn't buy it.

>the gooks are copying again
What a surprise.

Attached: current_state_of_android.jpg (450x251, 32K)

Yours isn't?

So, Jow Forums in a nutshell?

This

One of the reasons why Apple and Samsung get the hate they do on this board , thier decisions affect the entire industry.

Oneplus did exactly that and guess how their next phone will look.

Attached: OnePlus-6-1170x658.jpg (1170x658, 70K)

kek

Of course not. I have not 1 notification. I view my shit, faggot

Looks like I still won't have a reason to upgrade from my note 4.

>Jow Forums is getting upset that they have less bezel and more pixels
You retards realize it's entirely possible to hide any notch on Android in ALL applications right?

>Surely if people didn't want it they wouldn't buy it.
I'm not personally responsible for consumerism.

poor devs who need to put up with this shit
I bet the notch alone is responsible for dozen new JS frameworks

Attached: end my suffering.png (115x79, 6K)

Samshit still lingering on to that Apple design, huh?

GUYS
its not definite yet
samsung patented pic related in 2015, way before apple even considered a notch
there might be hope

Attached: 0a89bbc9b612a9f3717d6b3c9261bc136c33cec11ca411ab83e890c9ec9fea00.jpg (602x1200, 40K)

Looks like what i currently own will probably be my last "Smart phone". will either switch back to a land line or get a used dumb phone for as long as i can

Attached: notch.png (645x729, 67K)

Why would you do something so stupid just because there's a little extra screen compared to if it was just one big bezel?

>being submitted to the Chinese patent office SIPO by Samsung on March 30, 2018.

April 1st joke?

Oh great, its an industry standard now

That's what I thought

Nah they're working on camera and speaker underneath the screen

The bezel on the side is bigger.

Top bezel wasn't that big anyways.

Well, looks like my Note8 was a solid purchase

Wish I would have gone for the 256GB version

Just pop in a microSD card.

No. They even made fun of the iPhone's notch. Probably some failed April fools, judging by the date.

Apple sets the standard, every single time. Everyone else can only mimic.

I will never be able to replace my S5

>Thats how normies work. Praise what they have, talk shit about what they don't have
So Jow Forums = normies?

and with that, the horrible apple fuckup notch became thr horrible industry standard fuckup notch.

>far east development&culture
I miss Nokia and Motorola.

Attached: palm.jpg (840x534, 108K)

del et

Question:
Why does no company use the side mount power button or a strip below it as a fingerprint reader? My Thinkpad has one that's thinner than my fucking Nexus 5x

fuckign sad. they're all copying apple.

Why? I heard OnePlus might be doing the same.

Fucking WHYYY??

Like Sony does with Xperias?

>It's got a headphone jack

10/10

how is samsung still relevant, all android phones look like crapple ishit.

Fuck whoe

Attached: 1519698914800.png (805x828, 400K)

How could they get rid of the chin?

patent ≠ features next phone will have

or will the next iphone have glass stairs? (apple has patented those)

Attached: 507d881fecad04cd3f000000-480-360.jpg (480x360, 44K)

patent ≠ features next phone will have

or will the next iphone have these faggot magic gloves? (apple has patented those)

Attached: 507d9232ecad04a552000000-480-360.jpg (480x360, 16K)

nice and fitting, haven't seen this before

Nothing wrong with android supportin notch. Though people buying phones with a notch is retarded and developers giving fucks about their applications supporting notch is a waste.

Poorfag

Fucking this.
I laff at Apple whenever they make a retarded change to their phones, but then applefags buy it anyway.
And then android phones copy it. So eventually we'll have to buy phones with the same retarded feature.

Attached: 1503294213212.png (464x466, 150K)

Patents should only be given to these that will really develop what they are patenting, fuck this bullshit.

You said it too well, animefag. I relate to this 100%.

Apple should have patented that stupid notch desu

>notch doesn't have room for the iris scanner
>no bixby
>they also made a patent for a 100% screen to body
This will be for a low budget china only phone at best

exactly, figured my phone wouldn't have a headphone jack because of this BS. (Apple is doing it! People love them right?!)