Name a distro for my dad's office pc

My dad has always used Windows OS. Now he doesn't want to pay for the license and so I proposed him to use a GNU/Linux distro. He is already used to Chrome and Libreoffice, so the software isn't a problem.
What distro should I choose for him?

PCs Specs:
> AMD Athlon II X2 250 CPU
> ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics 2GB GPU
> 4GB DDR3 RAM
> Asus M5A78L - M LX V2 MOBO

And he sad that it should be easy to use and just works.
I was thinking about Xubuntu 18.04 LTS or Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon.

Attached: Linux.png (550x550, 40K)

>Now he doesn't want to pay for the license
Lmao

Gentoo, Sabayon, or CloverOS

Ubuntu + sudo apt-get remove gnome-shell-extension-ubuntu-dock

>recommend gen2/derivatives to middle ager/elderly
seriously?they use computers for work not for ricing their desktop,and they probably not care about that 0.005% performance gain

Opensuse

This. And his hardware is old. Lubuntu/xubuntu or Ubuntu/Mint Mate should work well enough.

If he uses little storage get a cheap SSD so he can fall back on his current set-up. Once properly set the need for authorization to change or install stuff is good protection against messing up.

Good choice but I would prefer (X)ubuntu in the end. I have installed Linux Mint xfce on my mom's laptop several years ago and the only problem is that she never updates anything - it doesn't ask her to. And "not breaking anything by not updating anything" is sort of Linux Mint mantra.
Might not be a problem in the end really, but that's up to you to decide.

I installed Linux Mint in my mother's laptop and she hadn't complains about it. I installed MS office using WINE so she wouldn't have a compatibility problem.

Unironically Ubuntu normies are too dumb to use anything else

Don't let him use Linux/GNU.
It's a toy, nothing else.
Windows or Mac can do the same things as Linux/GNU faster.

(X)ubuntu 18.04. Lts so he can install and use the same os for the next 5 years.

Running Xubuntu 16.04 LTS on similar age hardware here and haven't had any problems.

I didn't think 18.04 LTS was due out until the 24th?

Xubuntu LTS

Mfw user's dad have no idea what user plans to do.
Mfw he finds out he can't do any productive work on his laptop anymore, and has no clue how to reinstall windows
Mfw he gets fired

Attached: smuganimegirl.jpg (320x326, 14K)

Make him try the livecds for Xubuntu and Lubuntu

How can the head of the company get fired?

Attached: Confused Emoji Sticker by Nolski-downsized.gif (200x200, 23K)

I'll make him use Xubuntu 17.10.1 installed on a USB, so he can get used to it. Then I'll install on his pc Xubuntu 18.04 when it gets released

>office pc
opensuse leap

Cool, hope it goes well. If your dad only needs LibreOffice and Chrome it may work.

Shareholders.

Just do something easy. Debian/Ubuntu.