How on Earth do I remove OpenSUSE's GRUB?

I wanted to try out OpenSUSE, so I've installed it alongside Windows and now this motherfucker overstays his welcome.
As always I use EasyBCD to remove boot entry and change it to Windows bootloader.
This time it doesn't do shit, PC boots into GRUB.
Can't fix MBR with the Recovery Disk or by using Bootsect in cmd.
I can boot Windows in GRUB, but I can't remove OpenSUSE from my disk, because it will fuck everything up.

Attached: grubsuse11.jpg (467x350, 13K)

nano into /etc/default/grub
and set GRUB_TIMEOUT=0.

Then sudo update-grub

Sorry havent read the full post

So my kvestion is, how do I fix this shizzle without formatting?

This will only change timer in GRUB, right?

Attached: flat800x800075f.jpg (800x682, 42K)

Have you installed it on a seperate partition ?

Yes. Can you even install it on one partition?

naw man, if timer is 0 grub disables itself

Don’t do this user, this will make it so it instantly boots into OpenSUSE.
What I think you should do is boot into windows, delete the OpenSUSE partition, boot into a windows recovery cd and do “bootrec.exe /fixmbr” in the command line. Then in your bios boot into legacy mode and install OpenSUSE there
Now it will boot either straight into OpenSUSE when you boot in legacy mode or boot straight into Windows when you boot in UEFI mode, no annoying grub menu.

Sounds about right, this is why people recommend VMs instead of dualbooting now. I had the same problems with grub before, even if you do get it working Windows has a habit of breaking grub when it updates.

The only solution for me was to burn the whole thing down after making backups.

Yeah that seems obvious, but bootrec in Recovery tells me that it can't find a Windows installation. And for some reason cmd there uses X as a default disk.
My SDD is weird I guess.

Bump

Helpme

Install os-prober and let grub add windows to the grub menu

I have Windows in the GRUB. I need to safely remove OpenSUSE.

>I need to safely remove OpenSUSE.
why would you ever get rid of openPEPE?

It's slow and boots up forever.

openPEPE is the end-game OS, clearly you're doing something wrong

another pepe user here
booting really is on the slower side, thanks to wicked
thankfully the need for reboots is pretty rare

Attached: 1480258640467.jpg (640x410, 42K)

I don't know, first it was booting up for 30-40 secs with that green loading dot, now I've updated everything and while the booting time stays the same, it's now a black screen with some messages about SPECTRE V2
The graphics are okay after installing the drivers, but i'm experiencing major tearing Firefox

And I'm on gtx1070, i5-6600k, 16gb ram, booting from SSD

boot into a tty and make sure you're using linux-lts, then reinstall your graphics drivers
fucking nvidiashits

The graphics are fine everywhere outside of Firefox

Oh I misread your post then.
your booting thing is because nvidia doesn't support KMS so you cant have any graphics while booting

X: is the fucking recovery image. C: is your SSD.
Try booting from a Windows installer maybe? Or just give up and do what everyone else does - backup, wipe your drive and reinstall Windows.

I think I'll just wait for some Windows update to fuck up the GRUB lol

did you check your uefi /bios yet and see if you can just change boot order/delete it?

>your booting thing is because nvidia doesn't support KMS so you cant have any graphics while booting
can confirm
will go team red very soon inshallah

I'll check it out when I'll get home
Hey, what will happen if I'll turn on secure boot on Windows? Will it destroy the GRUB?

depends on the keys on the tpm I guess. that's half-assed knowledge tho. shouldn't do much damage since all it does is checking some keys and if you turn it off again, everything should be as it was before

Anything here?

Attached: IMG_20180416_223233.jpg (3741x2806, 2M)

seems like it's a rather sane uefi on the surface, safe the "mouse speed" part. if nothnig other than listed in your screen shows up when you select the first entry, it's most likely not the uefi's fault. bootrec is your best friend then, see
just make sure you type in "c:" or whatever letter it calls your system partition ""before doing stuff in it

Since you're probably in CSM mode, nothing should happen if you turn it on. Secure Boot only works in UEFI mode.

now that
mentioned it, you are in full-legacy mode according to your screencap, so no uefi at all. restoring via bootrec may be your best bet still tho

okay, it fixed itself xD
i couldn't do shit with bootrec on recovery disk, so i clicked Continue to Windows
and then it booted normally
and it works now wtf
windows is weird

I always installed GRUB on the same partition.

well, at least it worked out. kinda scary if it just overwrote the mbr by itself but that's how it rolls I guess

>EasyBCD
wtf is that just use grub idiot.

holy fuck yer dense

sudo zypper remove grub

Enter your password and you're done.

it's like you didn't even read 10% of this thread

> if I uninstall the bootloader something else will magically take its place
never tried it myself tho. did this shit ever work for you? I really cannot tell if this is bait

well shit, forgot the MBR part. on UEFI it'd work if the board firmware isn't retarded

Just delete it

Delete OpenSUSE and install gentoo, get a new bootloader.

Of course I didn't. Have my sense of humour though.
Your HDD will take it's place. You'll be fine, trust me.
You can check if your OSes will boot by doing this:
sudo dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/sda

If no errors then you have MBR which will replace GRUB.
If errors try changing /dev/sda into /dev/sdb

i've heard of this. is this the standard defence artillery?

Try rEFInd

What do you mean?