Is functional programming a maymay?

is functional programming a maymay?

Attached: 1493989272591.jpg (302x123, 4K)

Yes

Yes

inb4 academic researchers who wrote said languages are trying to meme you into thinking you're not a "real programmer"

kek

No, I haven't ever tried it, but I do know that it has its uses. However as with any programming paradigm, it is not useful in all use cases.
Go read a book.

>brainlets: the thread

Attached: 1523385036658.jpg (645x671, 81K)

yes, at least the haskell and lisp elitism part

in languages like C++ you can have aspects of functional programming like don't have unnecessary global state etc

All machine learning frameworks use some sort of functional paradigm, faggots.
Pure functional programming is retarded tho, the world is not stateless

>machine learning
>not a meme

>Not understanding that machine learning is a blanket term

>Jelly pajeet can't ride the bubble because it actually requires skills and triple digits IQ

Congressman, no.

>bubble
aka meme

Are you shitting me? Every pajeet is doing machine learning courses on Coursera these days

buy low, sell high

>it has its uses. However as with any programming paradigm, it is not useful in all use cases.
only actual answer ITT
going back to your scheduled shitposting now

Had to learn it in my first semester of uni. It's a bigger meme than programming socks.

it's useful as a kind of script to process compile-time input. i use mathematica for this. for general long-running programs that interact with a user, it's shit.

you can still keep a pure core and run a filthy impure loop with it

>Machine learning
>requiring a triple digit IQ
I love the field but let's be honest here. Outside of a few people working to make actual improvements on theory, the field mostly consists of morons using canned algorithms and dogshit data limited to too few fields as a catch-all to justify why they should haphazardly make decisions they already were leaning towards making anyway. I mean the sheer amount of people out here that try to apply ML algorithms to aggregate data sets instead of raw observations is astounding, and it happens daily.
Almost makes feel like the import statement was a mistake.

it's the perfect scapegoat
>sorry, the 'algorithm' flagged your shit

Yes, and I have an assignment to implement something "useful" in prolog for tomorrow, fuck that

What do you think?

Attached: 1523366112141.jpg (1450x975, 523K)

Attached: 1522871587492.jpg (485x443, 51K)