Powerbank General

Hey Jow Forums
Can we talk about powerbanks? Do you use one, how do you like it, slim or rather 30k mAh to charge everything?
I'm looking for one with USB-C quick charging, preferably an integrated cable but they seem to be all cheap shit.

Attached: type-c-power-bank-02.jpg (960x960, 288K)

>having to use a powerbank for your laptop

the absolute state of ultrashits.

Attached: csm_akku1_0b30cf82c3.jpg (1800x1200, 198K)

Just a stock image, I'm more looking for a slim one for my phone.

I use this.
Freely adjustable voltage instead of USB-C memery and replaceable standard cells.

Attached: laptoppb.jpg (1248x936, 185K)

What's the make/model?

Why did lenovo stop making the batteries protrude the rear, the 9cell batterys after XX30 is fucking uncomfortable to use.

What's the best miniature power bank for someone that likes a backup while travelling?

QD188-ALTFC

Attached: pbopen.jpg (901x858, 167K)

wiki clearly states Jow Forums is not your personal consumer review site
i feel the same way i do about any other battery because it's all the same shit with a variable number of cells.
fuck off back to newegg/amazon/whatever

Depends how you travel. For business any Anker thing, really not much of a difference.

I don't use a powerbank as my phone is equipped with a 4Ah battery.
When I would need one I'd probably buy one of those where you buy the cells separately and buy some good Panasonics.

Not 100% sure but I think it's because of the touchscreen meme.

With modern Thinkpads you can lay the screen flat like this, which is (somewhat) useful when you use the touch screen.
But this would cause problems with a battery that sticks out at the rear.

It might also be for aesthetic reasons though.
And the new thick battery makes it a little more comfortable to type on.

Attached: lenovo-thinkpad-x260-flat-1500x1000.jpg (1500x1000, 293K)

Was debating between an Anker 10,000 and 20,000 banks recently. Eventually went for the 10,000. Will probably buy an additional 20,000 for a long international flight later.

Also debated between the 10,000 and the 13,000. But the 10,000 is better for day-to-day use. Fits in my coat pocket more easily. Hardly need more than that on days where my phone is low in the morning and I just need to charge it a bit.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1920x1080, 95K)

> 30k mAh
30 Ah

>Do you use one
I got multiple, I pick the adequate size(s) when I travel. All of them are Xiaomis. [Pic is not mine]

> how do you like it
Very well.

> I'm looking for one with USB-C quick charging
Get a Xiaomi, too.

> preferably an integrated cable
Never do that. Only crappy power banks got integrated cables & it doesn't make sense anyhow.

Attached: xiaomi_power_banks.jpg (2048x1536, 166K)

>30 Ah
108 kC

I don't understand why only the crappy ones have integrated cables, seems rather convenient.

If it's just on the way to and from work etc, when out for a few hours in the evening/weekend, then a 5,000 mah one will be fine. Enough to top up your phone and keep it alive until you get home.

For an extended period, a 10,000 is better. Will charge most phones about twice. (As long as the phone is not being used while charging, assume a 60-70% efficiency rate).

For hiking/camping/something else hardcore, get a 20,000 + bank.

(cont'd)
Here's the BLF discharging efficiency diagram for the 10Ah flat pack.

1. Because cables may break, and most people don't want to solder new cables.
2. Because it's not going to have the right length and plug for all people. Some want a super short cable, others need a long cable. [Inb4 peddle 3 different variants with 5 USB plugs and the horror Apple users used.]
3. Because there is almost no difference to a non-integrated cable. It's not like you really save any amount of power bank volume by omitting one usb plug & socket.
4. Just use duct tape or glue if you need it

Attached: xiaomi_power_bank_stats.png (1139x301, 52K)

>It might also be for aesthetic reasons though.
x230 with 9 cell is peak laptop aesthetics.

The new design is (to me) uncomfortable on the lap and the angle is uncomfortable for my wrists if its on the table.
Also the old battery is a great handle.

I would basically use it as a 'safety backup' if I was on a long day hike or wandering about in a city on holiday.

Anker is the best brand then?

>Also the old battery is a great handle.

There I strongly agree.
It's why I also would have preferred the old design.

Xiaomi is. Most models are both better and cheaper than Anker.

Anker is the brand choice for Amazon-only buyers who can't into /csg/. That said, they aren't bad power banks.

When it comes to batteries, chargers etc, I play it safe. So I paid a little more for Anker. Peace of mind. I'm not gonna risk fire for a couple of bucks.
I'd say a 10,000 would be suitable. Anker makes a nice comfy small one. It'll afford you about 2 full recharges with the screen off. Less than that if you're continuously using it.
5,000 is probably too small because if you're using it it'll give you less than one full charge.

I found a slim 10,000 one, just one USB port though.

10Ah banks with QC Type-C out will generally only have one such port, as far as I know.

Attached: section-5-01.png (951x279, 181K)

But you can get dual USB-A with two outputs that are technically quick-charging [above the USB spec].

They just won't pull the maximum you could theoretically get for a bunch of the charging specs on both ports. I think this one is 18W total.

Still neat.

Attached: Xiaomi-Power-Bank-2_dual_output.jpg (1000x1000, 166K)

I keep a 20,000 mAh battery in my car since my dash cam and GPS take up my car lighter port which works well in a pinch with either my phone or Bluetooth speaker

To make it explicit though: The 20Ah banks frequently DO support multiple ports with ~20W each, a few even can do more.

So if you really need to quick charge two devices at full speed (or maybe charge the bank with quick charge spec while you also charge a connected device ON the power bank with QC), you generally want two of the 10Ah or one 20Ah banks.

Attached: Original-Xiaomi-ZMI-20000.jpg (1000x639, 83K)