Why should i use Fedora Jow Forums?

Why. What's the perks over Ubuntu, or something like that.

Jow Forumsentoomen fuck off.

Attached: fadoruh.png (7200x7200, 551K)

You shouldn't. Debian stable or testing is all you need.

Well, each version is supported for a year so you get to upgrade your OS all the time.

Unlike Debian and Debian based trash. You can use a decent package manger and up to date packages.

The kernal is relatively up to date, so if you are on newer amd hardware you will have less problems with it.

There is really no particular reason why you should. It is a bit resource intensive however.

If it's good enough for Linus Torvalds, it's good enough for you.

>rpm
>decent package format
>yum
>decent package manager
Surely you jest.

You shouldn't it's just a testbed for RHEL. The best RPm distro for everyday use is openSUSE,e specially if you like KDE.

It's better than apt-get or aptitude. I think void , gentoo, and arch have better package mangers.

I haven't had problems with it yet, it certainly isn't Jow Forums friendly however.

Yum have been deprecated for years granpa

It's not a testbed for RHEL, it's two separate entities, the package aren't even managed by the same people.

Bit off topic, but out of interest has anyone tried running Fedora ARM on a Raspberry PI?

I've been running Raspbian and fed up with the unattractive DE/UI. Fedora looks beautiful and Mr Robot uses it.

>debian (and thus ubuntu) uses fragile/slow sysv init scripts with systemd
>you have some redhad-specific stuff like firewalld
>selinux
>no kernel version freezes per release

selinux is shitware developed by cia niggers

Fedora has a shit repository compared to debian/ubuntu. You are better off just using whichever flavor of ubuntu suits you best.

thank you for your opinion

>also seeking answers on Fedora ARM

Doesn't work well with my laptop wifi due to nonfree drivers needed. But most everything else is fine and MATE is nice on it. I'm probably going to swap back to ububtu mate and stay there though.

>NSA added backdoors to an open-source system that will be reviewed by thousands of security researchers
Okay

Fedora packages are actual update. Ubuntu and Debian have old ass packages. Who cares if they're are more of them.

More up to date and freedom respecting. Does Ubuntu still do that Amazon shit? Doesn't fuck with gnome like Ubuntu does.

Also objectively the best distro logo, too bad the name got tainted by the meme.

Retarded question: what is the exact difference between Fedora, Red Hate Enterprise and CentOS?

Fedora: Free, cutting edge. Used as a test bed for Red Hat Enterprise, but there's decent change management and broken updates are rare.
RHEL: Licensed, like Windows and MacOS, but you get professional support in exchange. Primary audience is large enterprises and governments. When Google dumped all their Windows systems, this is what they switched to.
CentOS: Free, favors long term support over cutting edge. It is primarily intended for server use, and the update methodology reflects that, favoring backports and security updates over new features.

>What's the perks over Ubuntu
It has none. Just use Ubuntu!

Attached: oooboontoo.jpg (427x640, 52K)

1. Stable
2. Used in real business™
3. Developed by the same company SystemD operating system

>Fedora
Free beta-tester of RHEL. Developed by RH.
>RHEL
Paid SystemD/Linux with support. Developed by RH.
>CentOS
RHEL without paid support, used mostly on servers. Developed by RH, but 'stolen' (this is power of GPL)

Does Linus still use Fedora? Why kernel creator can't install Debian?

>Why kernel creator can't install Debian?
He said it was too hard and hasn't tried it since