Computer Science cuck

>be CS major
>original graduation date 2016
>fucked around graduation date 2019
>taking junior level CS classes
>discrete
> computer language and grammar
>failing both

I am not bad at programming but I fucking cant comprehend theory and symbols and shit. Am I retarded /g? I just wanna pass these classes and graduate and not keep repeating the same shit....

Attached: bainlet.jpg (710x594, 123K)

Other urls found in this thread:

web.cecs.pdx.edu/~harry/videos/
youtube.com/watch?v=J5FpRg3Tf9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>be CS major
>Do tech shit and programming in my free time because it's fun
>Originally in a BSMS program
>Want to do CS because the theory is interesting and it can help with salary negotiations
>Go through a few internships
>Graduate on time with a BS because I already have job offers
>Make 80k on the east coast fresh out of uni
>Get a promotion a couple months later
>Living small so I have a bunch of extra money laying around that I invest and use to buy fun tech shit
Yeah, your probably retarded.

thanks for the encouragement.

Attached: sad_computer.jpg (222x251, 24K)

its "you're" by the way

>tfw in my 12 semester
>normal is 6
I'm a lazy cunt and it's biting me in the ass

>Graduated last May.
>Started at 65k after a 6-month internship.
>Company constantly complaining about money issues
>Gives me a 1.5% salary increase but prorates it for 6 months even though I am still doing the same work I did as an intern
>Started looking for other positions
>landed a job on my first in person interview at 70k, 401k matching, 100% premiums paid on health insurance, 10% bonus at the end of first year, and more

Some companies are nimrods.

>le smart but lazy meme

I'm coming up on 10 years in the industry. One of my new grad protips is to always check the financial situation of a company before you join. There's probably several good reasons why they're struggling, and it'll suck to work there.

>One of my new grad protips is to always check the financial situation of a company before you join.
Yeah the dude who hired me did a lot of handwaving regarding their issues. He claimed it was normal and that it was just they were more "transparent" than typical tech companies. Which with experience I have realized that's simply not true. Every company I have interviewed with talks with pride about being honest with its employees.

I should have seen the red flags when they told me they weren't sure if they could hire me after my internship ended.

> be retarded
> life is hard
Wow, who would have guessed?

I've had 2 internships already, so I maybe lazy like that user but I got myself some experience under the belt. I just need to finish my degreeeeeeeeeeeeee.

Attached: 14873220725581.gif (486x273, 882K)

Start a software dev/testing company "based in India" full of pajeets. And by full of pajeets I mean just you. No one outside of dev has a clue these days its really easy money if you can bs your way thru a convo and learn how to automate/shortcut your way to little amount of work to do.

Attached: kangzplane.jpg (1152x864, 241K)

>taking three extra years to graduate in any major
im lmoaing at ur life

So the guys I encountered in school who kept dragging out their degrees were average at best but acted like they knew what they were talking about. And a lot were unbearably snobbish but lazy and used terminology incorrectly. I just wanted to smash their heads in but it's always nice to see their updated LinkedIns still saying they are in undergrad at my college.

> CS major at top 50 uni
> have a part time internship
> have a boyfriend
> spend my weekends smoking weed and taking acid
> 3.9 GPA

If a fuck-up like me can do it then you're doing something wrong. Work smart, not hard.

Attached: 7eiig5hky6uz.jpg (720x720, 141K)

Not even smart. Just lazy and procrastinator.

Christ user what were you doing the first 4 years?

>have a boyfriend
Why do roasties always have to insert the fact that they're roasties?

not him but I played videogames.

Begin man ...

you are by definition not a fuckup, you have a brain that is naturally inclined to doing well in school and also the energy to do homework and study and the mental health to not feel drained every day. or maybe you don't study that much in which case yeah you're exceptionally smart and are in zero position to be giving advice to people and I also want to kill you out of spite. I seriously want to fucking kill you.

well I was more like part time and was trying to do engineering but working and part time school was too much. I saved money so hence I switched to full time now and trying to get thru CS but the future looks bleek.

I actually work pretty hard. Here's some of the stuff that works for me:
> make it a habit to work 8 hours a day at a certain time
> aim to complete an assignment every day
> spaced-repetition flashcards (e.g. Anki) are a secret weapon
> spend at least an hour a day reading tech books or programming for fun
> take only two hard classes a semester if possible
> have a way to blow off lots of steam so it isn't a constant grind.
> start homework assignments as early as possible and go to office hours
> exercise! it really makes you feel better
> use RateMyProfessor to pick easy, interesting classes
> wake up early
> ymmv but I microdose acid during finals to study 16+ hours

Good luck, it's never too late to turn it around.

Attached: mescaline_desert_by_liquid_mushroom-d4x8jt9.jpg (800x614, 840K)

money troubles hit me so i'm just now graduating when it should have been a few years back.
but don't have shit to show for that time lost and might go back to neet status once i get the stupid paper.

Hey OP, graduated HS in 2012.
Im going to graduate in december right now and this summer I have a really sweet internship. Oh and I have a 2.0 gpa.

Thought I was a shit programmer but now I am just aware that I was pathologically unmotivated in school. The thing that fixed my habits was I started having panic attacks relating to getting homework done. Really sucks but it's almost over...

How do you check the financial situation of a company?

My Dad always moans at me that is what I am supposed to be doing and tells me how smart I am. Doesn't help my brother is like that.
Absolutely no way I could do any of that study stuff unless I am at a job.

Tried to figure out that whole discipline thing before but usually it degenerates into masturbating, youtube, weed, and video games after two days.

Oh also I have worked hard before programming/other work, I just only feel motivated when at a real job.

I had trouble with theory courses too user.

One thing that helped me is taking the same frame of mind as when I was initially learning bullshit like standard programming syntax (ifs, loops, etc.)

Appreciate the kind words user's. I got finals in 4 weeks, gonna bust some ass and try to ace these two classes finals and hope the curve gods are on my side.

this will save you
web.cecs.pdx.edu/~harry/videos/

Are you white?

Draw/doodle it out using an analogy you can understand

>graduate uni with BS in math at age 21
>unemployed
feelsbadman

yeah you're retarded I'm mexican and finished in 3 years, am getting an msc in comp sci while employed part time making 50k for 25-30 hours a week and i thought I was a schlub

>original graduation date 2012
>it's 2018
get on my level pleb

>supposed to have graduated this semester by all normal accounts
>changed major and now projected to graduate 2020 or 2021 depending on pace
I'm about there.

there is a joke in my no-name state uni of the 10-year plan.

>be me
>go to school for CS in 2005
>general education courses easy, first two years of CS easy
>was to smart in high school to study
>cs got harder 3rd and 4th year
>barely scraping by
>get crippling anxiety
>miss a class
>never go back
>somehow still pass a few classes even though I don't go
>leave school
>come back a year later to try again
>it happens again
>now
>state has some program where adults can go to community college tuition free
>my job going out of business, right at the same time I learn about this
>going back to get associate degree in the fall

wish me luck boys, can post transcript on request

Attached: buffalo man.jpg (500x500, 142K)

Seriously just drop out

A Bsc in computer science is useless. If you're not going to pursue a master's or a PhD there's no point. You can get the same jobs by gaining experience

Just l2study man, it seems you quit when you hit your first wall and it affected you way to hard.

nice quads
Yeah now I'm basically an adult so I feel like I won't give a shit if I have to ask for help or whatever. When I was younger there is no way I would visit a professor during his office hours to ask him something but now I don't give a fuck

This is the most retarded thing I've read all day.
Companies don't want people without a degree, and you only need an MS/PhD for specialized work.

Depending on how desperate your area is for programming talent, you can get by with an associate's degree. It won't cut it in the Bay Area or the Northeast Megalopolis, but Heartland, USA regions desperately need anything they can get.

I graduated in 3 years with transfer credits from an English degree and failed Linear Equations once. I hardly showed up to certain classes to the point I missed an exam but passed with an A because of my final project.

You have to just force yourself through it. Realize the more you dick around and don't take the time to practice and study, you just increase your time and money wasted prolonging your time in school. The sooner you get out you can start saving for a nicer retirement and then be a bum with an income so you aren't fucking pushed out of industry for being too old.

This guy doesn't know what he's talking about. Unless he's assuming OP has 0 programming skill. All he needs is one decent internship and he's off to the races.

Internships generally require enrollment in some form of tertiary education.

Holy shit I'm in the same boat. Except I love the theory and can't program for shit. Just wait till you get into algorithmic design. Keep powering through. Were almost there. Have to pull an all nighter tomorrow. I'm surprised I haven't had a heart attack yet.

Attached: Uni_Feels.jpg (209x250, 7K)

>likes the theory
>not the code
become an actual CS instead of code monkey ((("Computer Scientist")))

Wage slaving and Jow Forums mostly. I only now realize my mistake

DESU programming should become a trade, SE however should remain an academic pursuit.

hey ;)

I did the same thing. Tried to be an EE major just because I knew it'd be hard. It's dark for me too but at least there's just 3 more weeks of this semester. Should scrape by though as long as I keep the steady pace

>5 years in a CS bachelors
>halfway done
>debt
Thinking of joining the military to un-fuck myself and teach my how to computer. Is it a retarded idea?

Attached: Hartman.jpg (640x358, 27K)

I’m getting anxiety about internships. I’m a CS major at UC Irvine and I’m finishing my third year right now. I don’t have a summer internship lined up because I work/have been working at a restaurant that pays my bills. I make really good money at this restaurant (almost 2k every two weeks). I have side projects that I work on to make up for it but I just can’t affkrd to not have a job. I have no free time from work and school so it’s hard to get an interview, and even then I’d still have to prepare for said interview. Am I completely screwed?

Internships are paid you fucking idiot.

How fucked am I if I graduate without a single internship?
Out of 40+ applications since November of last year, the only 2 companies that offered me phone interviews ended in rejections.

Unpaid internships still exist in the US, but the company cannot legally have you providing direct value to the business (busywork projects only, no profitable work).

If you're a 3rd year at UC Irvine and your only options are unpaid internships you fucked up something.

Not him, just saying that not all internships are paid. I agree with you though, you're straight up retarded in that case.

Pretty screwed because Internships aren't necessarily about what you learn over there, though it is a significant enough part of it to note, it's about who you meet and walking through the door. Socialization is the name of the game. You can as brilliant as they come, but if you can't socialize worth a damn and get to know people, the only people that are going to be wanting you are CIA niggers, if that.

I made a Jow Forums related meme with that pic

Attached: meme.jpg (710x594, 145K)

>go to school in 2010
>finish gen eds in 2014
>still not done with cs major
help

Attached: 4221.png (377x451, 126K)

Fuckin do it man. If I could join the military I would so I can get straightened out too.

Why can't you join?

>Socialization is the name of the game
Fuck man, I already felt underqualified for half the internships I applied to. If I ever land an interview, I'll probably be rejected for my blatant awkwardness rather than my lack of skills.

When I was a child I hit my head and got a seizure later. They told me I couldn't join with stuff like that unless my doctor said I'll never have one again.

Well I mean, few are unsalvageable. How bad are you? If you were to rank yourself in speaking ability, would you say you are closer to Zucc or Jobs? Scale of 1-10?

i know this feel user, but kept at it and done soon.
don't know anyone else in my graduating class, since everyone else who started with me either graduated or dropped out already.

If it's a casual one-on-one, 5 to 7. But under the pressure of an interview, it can drop down to 3 if I get really nervous.
Keeping the flow of a conversation is no problem, but when it comes to talking about my skills I start to stumble. I either stutter when thinking of things to say or ramble on for too long.

I see. That's actually not all that uncommon of a problem. A lot of people are like that. My suggestion? If you haven't already, though you may have been required depending on your schools curriculum, take a public speaking class. You need to learn the fundamentals of talking professionally vs. talking casually, though the two can often overlap with each other to varying degrees.

At first it takes a sort of conscious effort, but you just have to keep doing it. Unless you are severly autistic, like Chris-chan levels of autistic, it's possible to learn and get better at it.

Part of it is also internal confidence, but I understand that sometimes that's just hard to come by, but even if you lack it at the time, you need to know how to bullshit it and navigate through. Public Speaking courses should help you in that regard.

I've been looking into getting into this sort of thing, any tips, user?

Attached: 1506560296080.jpg (402x431, 23K)

>have a 2.67 gpa
>be 26 yo
>7 months from graduation
>have a friend who is a senior software engineer
>asks me if I want to internship with him

I want to program with C instead of the enterprise language I'll have to use for this work.
But beggars can't be choosers.

Attached: 1522523956354.png (800x649, 675K)

Thanks user. I'll try to do some mock interviews with advisors to see if it helps.

Good lad and good luck. Remember, it can be learned. Very few people will get to the public speaking level of Jobs or even Trump, but it can still be learned to a decent degree.

there's probably hundreds of people more qualified than you for that position. but you got a friend.

How do you guys have motivation for school and basically anything at all? My main problem is I literally just don't care. I am not sure what's wrong with me.

You find things that you do care about and then use them as fuel to crunch through the things you couldn't give less a shit about, even though its necessary.

I'm making 7.5k month at my internship this summer, which is very typical.

No excuses. Look for a fall/winter co-op and take a semester off.

they got good at it because they practiced. bill clinton was booed off the stage at the 1988 democratic convention for a poor speech

youtube.com/watch?v=J5FpRg3Tf9Y

dave chapelle got booed off the stage at his first comedy performance

there are local public speaking groups you can go to, to improve your skills

I didn't want to be become homeless or starve, and my body is too trash for manual labor.

> failing that much
> they still let you stay
Where the fuck are you? My community college kicked me out after two years because I failed to many classes (personal shit). They said something about low performing students affecting their gibmedats.

Yes you're retarded. This isn't medicine or law. You don't need a degree to be a programmer.

You'll find yourself in the same position as someone without a degree once you graduate. Except with either debt (if you're american) or just having wasted years of your life instead of building up a portfolio.

>but the degree will help me get employed

Nope. Maybe if you had done it really well and been a super high achiever. But the fact that you've half assed it is going to look so bad on your resume that you're better off leaving it out entirely and therefore you completely wasted your time.

find something you care about and fucking do it user.
For studies, just sit down and do it, as you would a chore, and when you need a break to recover from burnout then do whatever you enjoy (hobby).

Thanks boyos. For the first time, I am really trying to change my attitude. My friends think I am so lucky that I don't really care about things but in college, it's fucking up my life.

I dont fail all my classes, I have 3 A's at the moment and 2 D's. Just need to get those D's to C's