600 bucks for a brand new pair of Polk LSiM703's

600 bucks for a brand new pair of Polk LSiM703's

Did I do pretty good Jow Forums

Attached: 00L0L_jzTsWTzjfXg_1200x900.jpg (675x900, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/mission-speakers-model-70/6545812169.html
minidsp.com/dirac-series/ddrc-22d
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did you even bother to use the fucking search function you fucking CIA nigger monkey

You couldve gotten a CCNA and a linux + with that money and have a guaranteed 120k a year if you're not autistic.

Attached: 1445128278501.jpg (615x338, 26K)

lolwut

Attached: flat,800x800,075,f.jpg (800x652, 58K)

I didn't see a thread on bookshelf speakers

600 dollars for a pair of speakers? Just by themselves no amp or sub or anything? Who would pay that

you know you dont need a sub woofer for bookshelf speakers right?

i know a guy who dropped a grand for a pair of Shure earbuds, they aren't even wireless

For that much money they better not be

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 20K)

Could have gotten some Monitor Audio silvers for that price

Sure if he wants to be a pretentious shitter for the price you cant really beat the polks

could have gotten some polks at a thrift store for $30/pair

wtf, yes u do u dumb fag

If you buy cheap fucking garbage maybe

Why do plebs think that cheap stuff can be as good as the high priced stuff? It is priced that way for a reason 99% of the time

>They aren't even wireless
are you expecting quality headphones to be wireless?

no it's not.
audio equipment is the biggest scam

t. deaf poorfag

Maybe when talking about shitty earbuds and headphones marked up, but when it comes to premium fucking speakers there is no contest. Buy some quality shit and you will hear the difference

placebo fags detected

I'l bet you think that stock earbuds are as good as it gets and IEM are fake

there's used monitor golds for $525
the main problem with polk is poor design and quality control; they dont suck, but theyre not really good either
more like $3; ask me about the pic
bookshelf models tend to peter out at 50 hz
cheap isnt always garbage
high priced isnt always good (bose)
this is true but most people dont care too much about higher quality audio
go to a real audio salon sometimes and you will be blown away

Attached: 912Polkfig4.jpg (600x415, 47K)

So then what is the best set of HIFI bookshelf speakers one can get their hands on? Lets say new or if you were to find them half off on craigslist or something, what should be jumped on

what state do you live in, and what is your budget

Las vegas, and my budget is 100 to 1000, but if I am spending in the higher end I want to make sure it is a slamming deal

Not that user, but I'd look at KEF Q150s in that price range.

Attached: sierra 2 reference ribbon monitor.jpg (955x637, 34K)

if you've never owned speakers, you might start with these
check the woofer cones and ask the seller to play something on them
talk him down to $100 if you like the sound
lasvegas.craigslist.org/ele/d/mission-speakers-model-70/6545812169.html

if youre spending 500 to 700 or more, you should look at Dali, Dynaudio, Focal, Monitor, B&W

a good start is Monitor Audio Silver with front ports, or Focal with front ports, if youre going to put them on a shelf for real

theres a few audio salons in LV which may let you audition

Anyone used these room correction devices? Do they work well?
minidsp.com/dirac-series/ddrc-22d

Attached: _mg_0842_b4.jpg (1000x422, 44K)

Yeah, they work well for adjusting amplitude but don't fix time domain issues, ringing, etc. It's not an end all solution but it does help when combined with good speakers and as much acoustic work in the room as you can beforehand (speaker placements, acoustic treatments, etc). Basically, it's a good tool, just not the end all it is cracked up to be.

Just get a pair of klipsch promedias or something

many people dislike klipsch

Many people are stupid

Thanks for your opinion.
>as much acoustic work in the room as you can beforehand
This is what it all really boils down to I'm starting to understand, which is unfortunate for me right now.

that's a bizarre attitude
every speaker has a signature and proper match is a matter of taste

Meh, don't worry about perfectly flat response curves. Humans don't have a flat hearing curve, and every person is different.
Audition as much as you can in your price range, then pick the one you like the sound of most.

Attached: human-ear.jpg (640x480, 73K)

Use it for low-frequency issues and fixing on-axis speaker troubles. Passive speakers are not necessarily rigidly calibrated; this is what the EQ is for.
Formally, there is no difference between time and frequency treatment, and convolution is no big deal. The issue is spatial coverage, which limits the real-world application of convolution tools.

Not how loudness contour comes into play. It is not related.
The idea is to reproduce natural timbre. If the perceived balanced is shifted because the stimulus is low in level, that would be natural.

>Not buying LaScala's for 1000 USD on the used market

Out of all the brands you choose to demonstrate a lack of correlation between price and quality, you choose the brand that makes the best noise canceling earphones.

>Best noise cancelling earphones
That's not saying much.